No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ignore DSL...he's just mad about the impending...

Red.Wave.Bloodbath.

Book it.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My one pushback or question relating to the brilliant Wasserman is early voting. I thought CNN (watching because John King is a badass) mentioned ~60 million early votes having been already made. So that would obviously cut back on ballots today.

Also I thought it was strange that Ds are actually worried about the NY governor race. Find that hard to believe.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Terrible story about a Good Samaritan killed by a plain clothes cop.

Family demands justice for man they say was pushed, killed trying to help Beaver County shooting victim - CBS Pittsburgh (cbsnews.com)

Comment

• "It might take 3-4 days to count the votes"

What this actually means is "We need more time to harvest the required amount of (fraudulent) ballots until the Dems win"
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            "It might take 3-4 days to count the votes"

What this actually means is "We need more time to harvest the required amount of (fraudulent) ballots until the Dems win"
            I cannot stress enough, once again, that Republicans in Pennsylvania could've easily fixed the system. They dominate the state legislature. All they literally have to do is copy word-for-word Florida's mail ballot system. Florida processes and counts millions of mail ballots before the polls even open election day.

But they won't do it. Why? Because it's far more advantageous for them to keep the system slow and broken and bitch about fraud every 2 years than actually fix anything.

Comment

• That’s what they’re saying about Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.

However, there could be early indicators that show how those races will likely go. I bookmarked a few key races in Indiana, Virginia, and New Hampshire.

Check back at 8pm eastern today.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I cannot stress enough, once again, that Republicans in Pennsylvania could've easily fixed the system. They dominate the state legislature. All they literally have to do is copy word-for-word Florida's mail ballot system. Florida processes and counts millions of mail ballots before the polls even open election day.

But they won't do it. Why? Because it's far more advantageous for them to keep the system slow and broken and bitch about fraud every 2 years than actually fix anything.

Yes, and fools like Wiz, crashcourse and Hannibal eat it up.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Loon Progs have spoken.

I just find it absurd that most states have very little problem with elections...and a handful are fucking clusterfucks. I really don't give a fuck who is at fault. Fix the fucking system.

Red.Wave.Bloodbath.

Book it.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Guy I'm following who has a source in Philadelphia County says as of 3:30 there's been 275,000 in person votes so far. 395,000 total counting mail-ins.

This surpasses the total number that voted in the 2014 midterms, 72% of the way to matching the 2018 midterms, and about 53% of the way to matching 2020.

Comment

• Strangelove is 100% correct re Pennsylvania. Florida is the gold standard (IMO). It would take nothing to implement that approach.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It took me 40 minutes to vote this morning at 10a. It usually takes me 5 minutes for midterms.

Comment

• Listening to the Atlanta Journal Constitution Politics podcast today.

They think that Kemp will win handily and that there is a possibility that he carries Walker with him and there may not even be a run off for the Senate seat. It would not shock me.

A lack of a cohesive message and of course Biden has been a disaster for the Dems
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Currently, PredictIt has Arizona as the closest race, followed by NH. It has Georgia and Pennsylvania as almost "solid" R and Nevada as definitely "solid" R. PolyMarket, whatever that is, is roughly the same.

So, you know, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Listening to the Atlanta Journal Constitution Politics podcast today.

They think that Kem will win handily and that there is a possibility that he carries Walker with him and there may not even be a run off for the Senate seat.

A lack of a cohesive message and of course Biden has been a disaster for the Dems
                              Kemp is fairly popular (he's above 50%) and he's an R in a great year for Rs. He should demolish Abrams who, IMO, appeals way more to national Ds than she does to the Georgia electorate.

I think there are two outcomes in Georgia -- Walker wins at below 50% or Walker wins at above 50%. I don't think Warnock is winning today. He may win the run off, though.

As an aside, I don't know why Ds think it's a great idea to run the likes of Beto and Abrams in a red and reddish state respectively. I realize they're media darlings -- in part because they're losers and thus have never actually had to really govern, so they've never had to eat shit sandwiches. But, still, it seems like the right course of action would be to roll with a more conservative candidate that has appeal to independents.

I think the Ds fall into this belief that "turnout" wins elections -- there's just so much more Ds, that if they just get turnout, they win! But that means you ignore persuasion. That means you ignore running candidates that are more tailored to certain electorates. Because you literally don't care about changing minds -- you only care about turn out. I think the Ds won big in 2018 not because of some sort of huge turnout, but because a lot of voters changed their minds about DJT. It can happen.

Eh, whatever. I could go on about the flaws with the Rs, too, but that's one that strikes me about the Ds.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                It took me 40 minutes to vote this morning at 10a. It usually takes me 5 minutes for midterms.
                                Really? Wow, I went a little after 7AM and no wait, maybe 5/20 machines in use. My voting place is in a fairly big church on the north end of Pickerington.

I missed it last night but apparently Trump "endorsed" Kemp last night at the rally. Lol that shameless fucker is absolutely going to take credit for Kemp's win.

Comment

Working...
                                X