• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh

Smell the fear.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• <yawn>.

Like anything will change. We’ll get a bigger dipshit than Pelosi (McCarthy) and that’s about it.

Maybe the spending will stop (good), but here comes the unnecessary, knuckle dragging Vengeance Tour.
      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Red.Wave.Bloodbath.

Book it.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are a mega-maga

The Chairman says so.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The WSJ did a poll that has Biden-Trump at 46-46. It's almost staggering how BAD these candidates are. I mean, think of everything DJT has done and what a general assclown he is, and The Chairman is only TIED with him. And then think about how utterly incompetent and clueless The Chairman is, and DJT is only TIED with him. To dig into M sports for analogy, this is political equivalent of the fabled M00N game that bled so many eyes. Well, at least a few dozen and anyone who watched that got what they deserved.

If that's our actual choice in 2024...I mean, JFC....
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DeSantis can beat Trump. He's definitely going to try.

Comment

• Meanwhile, in Illinois, a state dominated by Chicago, a city with a obvious and massive, you know, murder problem, cash bail has been effectively ended in the name of equity and such.

So, part of me appreciates that the states are, in fact, intended to be laboratories and these are the types of things that we should see in different states in a federalist system. And it's important to see if policies like this succeed or fail. Another part of me appreciates that I don't fucking live in Illinois any more.

Anyway, good luck with allllll THAT, Illinois. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    DeSantis can beat Trump. He's definitely going to try.
                    Yeah. For sure. My wife (a D) keeps saying DeSantis isn't a polished politcian and it'll come out in the primary. That's possible. She also insists that the true up and coming star is Lake, who she thinks can make anything sound palatable, including, in her mind, treason (heh).

I think Lake is an election away -- I think she needs to actually govern first. But I'm intrigued by the notion (not in a good or bad way, just a politics way). Well, and I should say, she actually needs to win first to govern first.

Anyway, I am curious to see how DeSantis fares with "retail" politics.

I think the best case scenario for the Rs is that DJT decides not to run and king makes DeSantis thus giving DJT credit for any success DeSantis may have. That's remarkably unlikely.
                    Last edited by iam416; November 1, 2022, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                      <yawn>.

Like anything will change. We’ll get a bigger dipshit than Pelosi (McCarthy) and that’s about it.

Maybe the spending will stop (good), but here comes the unnecessary, knuckle dragging Vengeance Tour.
                      When you're in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop digging. It's addition by subtraction. Simply removing the progressive cancer from the levers of power is the 90% of the game. If the Rs actually "solve" something, that's just icing on the cake. Rule #1: Do no harm. The Leftists running in the country have harmed it immensely.

Comment

• I assume you all heard that Trump is holding a rally with Rubio in South Florida this coming Sunday and DeSantis was not invited or even told about it in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Meanwhile, in Illinois, a state dominated by Chicago, a city with a obvious and massive, you know, murder problem, cash bail has been effectively ended in the name of equity and such.

So, part of me appreciates that the states are, in fact, intended to be laboratories and these are the types of things that we should see in different states in a federalist system. And it's important to see if policies like this succeed or fail. Another part of me appreciates that I don't fucking live in Illinois any more.

Anyway, good luck with allllll THAT, Illinois. Let us know how it turns out.
                          SAFE-T Act!! I have a hunch I know how it will turn out. My brother-in-law just retired as a police chief in suburban Chicago at age 50 and his 2nd in command left with him the same day. A close friend of our family is also retiring from a different department at his earliest opportunity in about a year. A popular plan among LE in Illinois, specifically Chicagoland, is: 1. Retire ASAP 2. Flee Illinois.

I'm sure the massive drain in institutional knowledge will have no adverse consequences on public safety at all.
                          Last edited by Mike; November 1, 2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah. For sure. My wife (a D) keeps saying DeSantis isn't a polished politcian and it'll come out in the primary.
                            True -- he is uncharismatic and it's his weakness. But it's his only weakness. He can fundraise with the best of them and being on the Right Side of Covid History is by far a bigger "W" than anything Trump brings to the table -- other than maybe appointing the judges that were the deciding factor in Dobbs. He has an excellent track record as governor, and I think that he's about to get rewarded for it in a formerly purple state with a 10-15 point win. Making Florida a sudden red stronghold is a feat that won't go unnoticed. And he's smart enough to attack Trump in a way that won't alienate people who like Trump. Rather than relying on the old "orange man bad" stuff, Ron is the type of guy who will go our unsecured border for a photo op and shout "where's the wall you promised, Donald?" "How come you didn't fire Dr. Fauci, Donald?" "Why did you hide out in the Whtie House eating cheeseburgers while BLM burned down half the country, Donald"? "Why did you hire John Bolton, Donald"? Stuff like that that shows that Trump talked a big game but couldn't accomplish jack shit. I hope that the Rs listen. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

DeSantis will be Trump's first worthy Republican opponent. 2016 was a clown car of bums and old Bush/McCain era losers trying to pretend that it was still the 1990s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

When you're in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop digging. It's addition by subtraction. Simply removing the progressive cancer from the levers of power is the 90% of the game. If the Rs actually "solve" something, that's just icing on the cake. Rule #1: Do no harm. The Leftists running in the country have harmed it immensely.
                              This really is it. It shouldn't take much more than a stroll through the streets of SF or Portland or Seattle to get a sense of what The Party ultimately wants to turn America into.

Right now, I'd gladly take grandstanding asshats w/ zero policy plans and a President hostile to whatever policy plans they may have over grandstanding asshats w/ destructive policy plans and a President more than willing to shove them through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

SAFE-T Act!! I have a hunch I know how it will turn out. My brother-in-law just retired as a police chief in suburban Chicago at age 50 and his Forum left with him the same day. A close friend of our family is also retiring from a different department at his earliest opportunity in about a year. A popular plan among LE in Illinois, specifically Chicagoland, is: 1. Retire ASAP 2. Flee Illinois.

I'm sure the massive drain in institutional knowledge will have no adverse consequences on public safety at all.
                                Yeah, like I said, I embrace the "experiment", am massively thankful I don't live there and am quite curious as to the ultimate results.

Comment

Working...
                                X