No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian MOD announced today that they are suspending participation in the UN arranged grain deal that allowed increased shipments of both Russian and Ukrainian grain and fertilizers from both sanctioned Russian ports and Ukrainian ports blocked by Russia's Black Sea Fleet.

The announcement came after Russia alleged that Ukraine had attacked Black Sea Fleet ships in Sevastopol with armed drones. One Russian minesweeper reportedly was damaged. Ukraine has not claimed responsibility. Mid last week, fears that Russia would quit it's obligations to allow grain shipments from Ukraine appeared in official news outlets. There was also talk that Russia would mount a false flag event to create a pretext for stopping grain shipments.

What is interesting to me is that Russian citizens inside Russia have been unendingly exposed to Russian developed propaganda under Putin's reign as President that the majority are either passively disinterested in Putin's war or are 100% supportive of it. While it's easy for those of us outside Russia not so deluded by Putin's construction of an alternate reality to see how absurd Russian claims of Ukrainian stikes (they are no called terrorist acts) are. I've posted before that Putin's construction of events that cast Russia being attacked by the west and global citizens should oppose that attack and Russian citizens should rise, step forward and defend mother Russia is seductively convincing even though it is a complete fabrication and reconstruction of reality.

Such is the case here. We skoff at the absurdity of Russia's claims that Ukraine attacked Crimea and their announcement that they are suspending the grain shipments deal because of it. It's more likely that this is a Russian organized and executed false flag operation than it is a Ukrainian drone attack on Russian ships in Sevastopol.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 29, 2022, 01:35 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• After losing his job at Twitter, one of the former arbiters of what can and can't be said on the internet is going home to his husband and wife.

Comment

• Welp -- so much for that Right Wing political violence narrative!

d9695064a8cf3446.jpg

There is police scanner audio where Depape is identified as a "friend" of Pelosi. When the cops arrived there, they found the two men in their tighty whities struggling over a hammer.

The second that I heard details about the attack, something smelled funny to me. And the nose, as they say, always knows.
        Last edited by Hannibal; October 29, 2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• I have seen they were half naked when the police arrived (?), and how is a guy breaking into the 3rd in charge behind The President's house anyway - with a hammer? Something is fishy for sure.

Comment

• So Pauly is more turned on by old dudes with hammers than Nancy.

Not implausible.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              I have seen they were half naked when the police arrived (?), and how is a guy breaking into the 3rd in charge behind The President's house anyway - with a hammer? Something is fishy for sure.
              Nahh -- this guy right here is a crack stealth ninja who can infiltrate a home guarded by Secret Service agents and guard dogs, clad in nothing but his underwear and armed with nothing but a hammer.

pelosi-attacker-02.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                So Pauly is more turned on by old dudes with hammers than Nancy.

Not implausible.
                Yeah if I was married to Nancy I'd be gay too. JFC

Comment

• Yeah I bet this rightwing gay sex crap holds up in about a week.

The "Twitter engineers" you posted a couple hours ago was a prank.

Comment

• Same account Hannibal goes to for the "inside scoop" on the Pelosi attack. Looks like all you Republicans shouldn't bother voting because it's already all been decided.

Comment

• Sounds like a recently dismissed Twitter employee.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Yeah I bet this rightwing gay sex crap holds up in about a week.
                        It will hold up until an explanation that better explains the known facts of the case is presented. I’m pretty sure that MSNBC and The New York Times won’t be providing that.

This “conspiracy theory” could be put to bed in five minutes by releasing the surveillance video from the premises that shows the suspect in his underwear with a hammer, evading security and breaking into the house. If I were you, I wouldn’t get my hopes up about ever seeing that video.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; October 29, 2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Random thoughts:
                          1. I hate the “Alumni” car license plate brackets. It should be ‘Alumnus’. Or if I were female, ‘Alumna’.
                          2. As God as my witness, I hate the jack-booted pretend soldiers of Texas A&M. They take an apocryphal quote by Patton as an invitation to cosplay being in the military. And don’t get me started on their synchronized hand signals and poses that they labor on the night before a game in “yell practice”.
                          3. DSL is the wish.com version of Wizard but with a better prostate and hip.
                          4. Losing to Tennessee was rough. Hopefully we get to play them again in the SECCG. If we do, we will beat them.
                          5. There is no number five.
                          6. Bill O’Brien and Pete Golding may be the worst two coordinators in the history of major college ball. All the talent in the world and they call predictable plays out to a wildly undisciplined team. And that falls on Saban.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 7. If I were in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Talent and had a gun with two bullets, I would shoot Talent (Toby) twice.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• God bless
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I mentioned Golding after the UTK game. Heh. Still can’t believe UAT gave that one away.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X