No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW saw earlier that Sabato's Crystal Ball is currently projecting a Republican pickup somewhere in the high teens or low 20's. That would give them somewhere between 228-235 seats.

Recent Republican Majorities

247 (2015)
    242 (2011)
    241 (2017)
    233 (2013)
    232 (2005)
    230 (1995)
    229 (2003)
    226 (1997)
    223 (1999)
    221 (2001)

Comment

• It won't matter. As long as The Chairman and his "President" are in the Oval Office, nothing the R's send their way will get signed anyway.

But, at least it will send Pelosi packing. I guess that's something. Maybe The Chairman will make her an ambassador to Turkey or somewhere. She sure can't go home to SF.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• AAA has a nice site that lets you check out the avg price of gas down to the county level

AAA Gas Prices

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          It won't matter. As long as The Chairman and his "President" are in the Oval Office, nothing the R's send their way will get signed anyway.

But, at least it will send Pelosi packing. I guess that's something. Maybe The Chairman will make her an ambassador to Turkey or somewhere. She sure can't go home to SF.
          This is fine by me. I don't want any of those idiots proposing "solutions" to our problems. For they most part, they ARE the problem. If I had my druthers, congress would pass an annual budget then go home and do nothing for 12 months.

Comment

• You were saying...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              BTW saw earlier that Sabato's Crystal Ball is currently projecting a Republican pickup somewhere in the high teens or low 20's. That would give them somewhere between 228-235 seats.

Recent Republican Majorities

247 (2015)
              242 (2011)
              241 (2017)
              233 (2013)
              232 (2005)
              230 (1995)
              229 (2003)
              226 (1997)
              223 (1999)
              221 (2001)
              I'd be shocked at anything under 230. SHOCKED. I think they're playing in the 235-245 range.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                It won't matter. As long as The Chairman and his "President" are in the Oval Office, nothing the R's send their way will get signed anyway.

The Markets love gridlock. It's a good thing.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I'd be shocked at anything under 230. SHOCKED. I think they're playing in the 235-245 range.
                  Will be closer to 240.

Senate 53-47.

Red.Wave.Bloodbath.

Book it.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There might be something to your bloodbath theory. RCP is projecting Dixon to beat Whitmer (+1.9) but even more surprising to me is that they have Kildee's seat as a lean R (and a flip). It's hard to overestimate how poorly the Ds are viewed outside of the prog bubble given that Whitmer has outspent Dixon 20:1! That's insane. I'm also inundated with Kildee ads and flyers. It's like the GOP isn't even participating in Michigan and could still pull off a couple miracles.

Dixon actually had a campaign stop just around the corner from where I live at a local orchard on Saturday. I was out and about and decided to drive by to gauge the crowd and overall vibe. It was absolutely slammed. I'd say well over a thousand people at a local mom and pop joint. Maybe good old-fashioned campaigning will overcome the $23M (so far) that has bent spent on behalf of Whitmer? Now they're bringing Obama in to help out - a sure sign they know they're in trouble.

Comment

• Wiz, I think both you and Talent are right (yuck, ptooey!!) about the House. I'm not as sure about the Senate.

I'd like the senate to go R just to get rid of Chuck Shumer's "leadership". But I admit, McConnell isn't exactly a step forward.

Gridlock might be the best way to attack The Chairman's remaining term. It also gives insurance against a Giggles presidency via resignation.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Senate has the added importance of confirming judges, cabinet members, and other high profile positions. Even a slim majority will at least make the Ds moderate their candidates. Say what you will about Mitch but he knows how to play that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          There might be something to your bloodbath theory. RCP is projecting Dixon to beat Whitmer (+1.9) but even more surprising to me is that they have Kildee's seat as a lean R (and a flip). It's hard to overestimate how poorly the Ds are viewed outside of the prog bubble given that Whitmer has outspent Dixon 20:1! That's insane. I'm also inundated with Kildee ads and flyers. It's like the GOP isn't even participating in Michigan and could still pull off a couple miracles.

Dixon actually had a campaign stop just around the corner from where I live at a local orchard on Saturday. I was out and about and decided to drive by to gauge the crowd and overall vibe. It was absolutely slammed. I'd say well over a thousand people at a local mom and pop joint. Maybe good old-fashioned campaigning will overcome the $23M (so far) that has bent spent on behalf of Whitmer? Now they're bringing Obama in to help out - a sure sign they know they're in trouble.
                          Must be you live in one of those maga communities where everyone flys the confederate flag and works for a living. Froot of the loon warned us about those dark places!

Comment

• There's some Gadsden and Trump flags around but only one Confederate flag that I've seen. It is a very nice place to raise a family, tho.

Comment

• fuckin' Trumpers
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More leftist violence.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...lly-motivated/

Comment

Working...
                                X