Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Occupied Kherson Province has now announced a vote to join Russia too now. Putin is supposedly making a speech before the end of the day that I'm sure will be full of accusations and threats and will declare Ukrainian nationality a figment of Khrushchev's imagination.

The plan is probably to hold these sham elections, declare it all sacred Russian soil, then threaten Ukraine with nukes if they keep trying to reclaim their territory. Probably not a coincidence this is happening while the UN General Assembly is meeting too (Putin isn't attending)
    Here's a good explanation of the "Crimea Exploitation" gamut. It worked there. Putin marched into Crimea in 2017 and declared it Russian territory. He thought that that would deter a NATO intervention. He was right. It's not going to work in the DNR LNR region. Explanation below:

This page collects the Critical Threats Project (CTP) and the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) updates on the invasion of Ukraine.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Here's a good explanation of the "Crimea Exploitation" gamut. It worked there. Putin marched into Crimea in 2017 and declared it Russian territory. He thought that that would deter a NATO intervention. He was right. It's not going to work in the DNR LNR region. Explanation below:

https://www.criticalthreats.org/anal...nvasionUpdates
      If they actually attempt mobilization they can "maybe" simply drown Ukraine with bodies, but the caliber of fighting man will continue to go down. The draftees are unlikely to want to be there and are almost certainly going to receive rushed, minimal training at best. What will be interesting if mobilization happens is whether Moscow & St Petersburg somehow get secret exemptions so that the two richest and most important cities continue to feel no pain.

I've already seen a few translated angry telegram posts by Russians wondering if any kids of Duma members will be drafted.

On the other hands, and you may have posted an article talking about this Jeff, the more Russia forcibly drafts men the more they experience a labor shortage in essential war industries. They've made zero preparations to keep the factories open. Even Russian state tv pundits are talking about this.

Comment

• And again, timing. The UN General Assembly is in session and Putin just returned from a SCO meeting in Asia. India's Modi mildly chided Russia for continuing the war while sitting right next to Putin. Four former Soviet Republics are exchanging fire with each other. China declares it will protect Kazakhstan's sovereignty...I'm not sure who is threatening Kazakhstan's sovereignty other than Russia. Erdogan tells Putin to return Crimea to its rightful owners. Armenia says it wants out of the CSTO because none of the other states are lifting a finger to help them against Azerbaijan. Leader after leader kept Putin waiting in one-on-one meetings.

Putin's stature is shrinking and he may figure he needs to do something or face real challenges from the Russian Far Right

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          In Russia, election results come first, then vote is held.
          It's more like Biden Amerika than I thought!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Not that much different than screaming about fixed elections for 4 years and then denying the results of the actual election...
            Hello, my name is AlGore, and I filed lawsuits that went all the way to the USSC to overturn an election.

Hillary has never stopped claiming that she actually won in 2016.

And finally, Stacy Abrams has never conceded the Georgia governor's race, and still gets wild applause when she claims she was the real winner.

But none of them are 'election deniers'.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stacy Abrams.

It's virtuous to contest elections when you are a Dem/Prog...seditious if not.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Hello, my name is AlGore, and I filed lawsuits that went all the way to the USSC to overturn an election.

Hillary has never stopped claiming that she actually won in 2016.

And finally, Stacy Abrams has never conceded the Georgia governor's race, and still gets wild applause when she claims she was the real winner.

But none of them are 'election deniers'.
                In all seriousness, do you believe what Trump did was no different than Al Gore?

Al Gore literally stood in the Senate, counted the votes, and announced Bush was the new President. That's what Pence ended up doing. Very much against Trump's wishes.

Trump urged a mob of tens of thousands of his most passionate supporters to come to DC on the day the votes would be counted and made sure they marched on the Capitol Building. He promised them a "wild time" and that they would save their country by doing so. Now we can maybe argue over what exactly he thought would happen after that (he was pressuring the hell out of Pence to not do what Gore had done and simply refuse to count certain states "just because"), but I think there's very little argument to be made that Trump was not even attempting to intimidate Congress.

You want to say Gore & Hillary & Abrams all made Trump possible but they aren't responsible for what he did. And what he did far surpassed anything that came before him. From the riot, to the attempted Jan 3 firings at DOJ, to the pressure campaign in Georgia, to the pressure campaign against Pence, to the fake sets of electors, to the harassment campaign against local election officials around the country, to the claims about Venezuela or Italian spy satellites controlling voting machines, etc. etc.

Comment

• Hahaha! Is that all you have? None of these are even close to what the Mango Musollini did, but keep telling yourself that it's the same if it makes you feel better.

​​​​​​Gore: “While I disagree with the courts decision, I accept it.”
                  Trump: “I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT”

Clinton conceded the day after the fucking election.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• fuckin' Trumpers
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's Taco Tuesday at Wizzie's and that means one thing: FISH TACOS!

Sourced fresh from the freezer aisle at Hy-Vee and caught by the good people at Gorton's, don't let this "catch of the day" be the one that gets away!!!

Comment

• Again, both sides need to take a long look in the mirror at their antics on election integrity. Just because DJT=>Abrams is not equivalent doesn't mean Abrams and the subsequent JIM CROW ON STEROIDS lies about voting laws aren't very damaging.

The Rs would be well-advised to not play false equivalency games and acknowledge the stupidity of January 6.

The Ds would be well-advised to, when babbling about democracy and all their false talk, remember that their leader -- the leader of the free world -- said Georgia's voting laws -- a mere 19 days of early voting -- weren't just Jim Crow -- weren't just separate water fountains and attack dogs -- but Jim Crow ON STEROIDS. And their lies weren't shit that was just pooh-poohed and brushed aside -- they moved the ASG from Atlanta and Ds still make the same absurd claims.

So, for some of us, it's a laughable to watch Ds sanctimoniously preach about election integrity and democracy. Laughable.
                        Last edited by iam416; September 20, 2022, 12:18 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Again, both sides need to take a long look in the mirror at their antics on election integrity. Just because DJT=>Abrams is not equivalent doesn't mean Abrams and the subsequent JIM CROW ON STEROIDS lies about voting laws aren't very damaging.

The Rs would be well-advised to not play false equivalency games and acknowledge the stupidity of January 6.
                          Can you name a national R who has defended the behavior of the rioters of Jan 6?

OTOH, can you name any Dem who has stood up and said that the Georgia election integrity law was even legal?

Comment

• Election integrity issues are not as narrow as "defending the rioters." Election integrity issues are based on saying the election of The Chairman was illegitimate or, at a minimum, in doubt. And I can name a fuckton of Rs who have taken that position.

That's the apples to apples comparison -- the words. If there was a riot in Atlanta over only getting 19 early days of voting, then we'd have an apples to apples rioting comparison.

But my point has been and continues to be the overt efforts of both parties to cast doubt on the validity of elections and the damage that can do a system premised on, well, fair and valid elections.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Can you name a national R who has defended the behavior of the rioters of Jan 6?

OTOH, can you name any Dem who has stood up and said that the Georgia election integrity law was even legal?
                              The usual suspects in Congress have described the Jan 6th rioters as political prisoners. That seems to be a defense of their behavior. MTG, Gaetz, Boebert, Louis Gohmert, Andy Biggs, just the first ones off the top of my head. And of course Trump himself.

If you want to change the question to how many national Rs have pushed lies about the election being stolen or rigged in various states then you're talking about hundreds of individuals, many of whom are currently running for office (the Sec of State in Arizona for instance) on a platform that the 2020 election was rigged.

Comment

• Easy. It was the Republican NATIONAL Committee that declared January 6th rioting to be “legitimate political discourse" on Friday, Feb 4th in their censure of Cheney and Kinzinger for displaying integrity and belief in the rule of law.

The Georgia election integrity law modified existing statute. https://vote.cae.gatech.edu/get-info...grity-act-2021 No one, except perhaps a few nutjobs on either side of the aisle, have challenged it's legitimacy. Sure there are provisions that various factions love/hate, but so what, that goes for just about any law.
                                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Working...
                                X