• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% chance you are a moron though...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      Meanwhile members of our military are being encouraged to apply for food stamps to make ends meet...
      That's nothing new. I was eligible for WIC when I was an E7
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well if that is true that is fucking bullshit.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Well if that is true that is fucking bullshit.
          Yeah it's fucking true. Only two steps from the top of the enlisted ladder and I could get the gubberment cheese if I wanted.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Thank you for your service.

That needs changed criminy.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Mike- The only way this gets resolved is if the R base is willing to give up on something, which probably means either a general amnesty for the DACA folks or an increase in the LEGAL immigration quotas. We're in the middle of a labor shortage and the worst inflation since the early 80's. We could USE more able bodies to help with both.
              It's cute that it's postured as "The Rs need to cave" on this.

I'll give you a tip -- there's zero fucking way the Ds agree to even something as sensible as "Remain" for increases in legal quotas.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 538 is decidely pro-D in their outlook at the moment (IMO). I don't think the Rs will win the Senate, but I think the Rs have a better chance of gaining a seat in the Senate than the Ds do of holding the House, and 538 has it at about the same.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well if that is true that is fucking bullshit.
                  It was even more true back in the 70's when I served. Enlisted folks are terribly underpaid. When we'd complain about our pay, the standard answer was: "Well, you weren't issued a wife in your seabag". Real genuine concern there ...

Officers do fairly well, but they usually are paid better in the civilian world for the same skills.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thank you for your service liney.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

It was even more true back in the 70's when I served. Enlisted folks are terribly underpaid. When we'd complain about our pay, the standard answer was: "Well, you weren't issued a wife in your seabag". Real genuine concern there ...

Officers do fairly well, but they usually are paid better in the civilian world for the same skills.
                      "One Sea Bag, no Sea Hag!"

Comment

Thank you for your service liney.
                        Thanks, Wiz. CGVT, Jon, Jeff B and Mike are the vets that I know of in here. I thank them for their service. Especially the ones that got shot at.

I could probably find it on Google, but someone did a study, and compared wages of enlisted military personnel with what civilians make, and when it was averaged out on an hourly scale, most enlisted people are paid below minimum wage.

Some will say that they have their meals and housing paid for them and 'that should make up for it', but it really doesn't. Especially for families.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How about instead of bailing out the student loans...we give that money to our men and women serving our country...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• How about instead of hiring 87,000 new IRS agents to harass the middle class they use that money to pay the service people a better wage?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I served from 81-01
                              eligible for food stamps first 5 years coure i had 3 kids and a wife by 85. you did get free housing once you went up the list--base housing depended on where you were stationed. also many eat in the mess hall those who don't have commisary priviledges. The enlisted who really suffered were the ones having to live off post in certain states ie california, colorado, virginia, maryland, new york hawaii. these all had major bases in prime real estate areas. ft hood, ft riley ft bliss all wewre relatively cheap for the enlisted family to make it. if you got assigned overseas a lot of times you couldnt afford the family or had a long waiting list for housing.

but even though your salary may qualify you for food stamps--free housing free medical and commissary grocery prices helped out a lot--just couldnt save anything back then now I think the entire military has iras matched the first 5% byt the feds. lot of free good college stuff too

but screw getting in the military these days have to check in your testosterone at boot camp for fear of offending every made up lbgqrstuvwxyz group out there and listening to an entire military leadership corps who changed the mission from defense to woke

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Mike- The only way this gets resolved is if the R base is willing to give up on something, which probably means either a general amnesty for the DACA folks or an increase in the LEGAL immigration quotas. We're in the middle of a labor shortage and the worst inflation since the early 80's. We could USE more able bodies to help with both.
                                It could also get resolved if the Rs get enough of a majority in both houses and control of the executive branch. It’s not as if this is totally unrealistic. Open Borders and Amnesty are both highly unpopular positions. It’s one of about a half dozen no brainers that the Republicans win on very easily if they are willing to take the right position.

Funny how we didn’t have inflation three years ago when we were letting in fewer illegals, ain’t it? It’s almost as if the Dems want to use the disastrous consequences of their economic policies to justify letting in more illegals.

Comment

Working...
                                X