Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    How is DeSantis going to top Trump? Have you not watched the last 6 years, he has thoroughly thrashed all comers.
    I don't think that he will. But we'll see. National name recognition still isn't there but he might be able debate his way into a win if he can convince enough Republicans that he's going to get more accomplished than Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

That's racist -- I think.
      My apologies.

Jimmy The Athenian.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

We'll never know what Koch Brothers conservatism looks like in action because the country has done nothing but further bloat the size of government and the welfare state since the beginning of the century. The only part of Koch Brothers "conservatism" that we dot was open borders.
        Kansas implemented Koch Brothers economics as much as any state ever has and obeyed the Law of the Laffer Curve as an experiment in the early 2010's. It was not a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          OK Jimmy The Greek...
          Jimmy answered questions.

I'm not sure what's keeping Froot from telling us what's so great about Whitmer or Tlaib.

Well, Jon has at least pseudo-proxied, but he's probably going to write in Doc Hodgman, so that probably doesn't count .

And, aren't we still waiting on someone, ANYone to tell us what Biden has done right yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Kansas implemented Koch Brothers economics as much as any state ever has and obeyed the Law of the Laffer Curve as an experiment in the early 2010's. It was not a hit.
            It doesn't really have relevance on a state scale. Most state governments with the exception of maybe California aren't in the habit of redistributing wealth. I can't speak to the efficacy of those concepts in Kansas.

Comment

• If I could say one critical thing about DeSantis without his Booster Club here leaping down my throat, I would suggest he talk to more unfriendly media. Trump didn't shy away from unfriendly media when he was running in 2016 (he definitely did later on). If he's ever onstage in a debate with Trump's he's going to need to be used to people confronting him.

Comment

• Tlaib is not on my ballot, not my problem, she is annoying in my mind.

Whitmer is far better than anything the Michigan GOP puts up. Bill Schutte sucked.

Comment

• Tudor Dixon going on record to say minors who are raped should be forced to carry to term because they'll "heal" once they can look their rapist's child's in the eye is all the reason I would need to vote Whitmer. I'm not generally a one issue guy but yeah, that's disqualifying in my book.

Comment

• Dixon should confirm the election wasn't stolen. But again she was better than the other candidates. Kevin Rinke had an offensive ad about dead people voting, Ryan Kelley was arrested for being part of the insurrection.

Comment

• mark kelly is running a much better campaign then masters. masters is being crucified on abortion and social security. never screw with social security in a state with all the retirees here

Comment

Tudor Dixon going on record to say minors who are raped should be forced to carry to term because they'll "heal" once they can look their rapist's child's in the eye is all the reason I would need to vote Whitmer. I'm not generally a one issue guy but yeah, that's disqualifying in my book.
                        Yeah- it's painful to acknowledge that you've made a good point, but to quote Bob Ufer: "credit where credit is due". She's getting slammed for it, and even those of us who don't buy into the "abortion is healthcare" logic are taken a bit back- maybe not far enough to actually vote for Caitlyn Whitmer, but enough for us to say WTF? to Michigan GOP.

Comment

If I could say one critical thing about DeSantis without his Booster Club here leaping down my throat, I would suggest he talk to more unfriendly media. Trump didn't shy away from unfriendly media when he was running in 2016 (he definitely did later on). If he's ever onstage in a debate with Trump's he's going to need to be used to people confronting him.
                          I'm not sure if does or doesn't, but he'll definitely need to prepare for DJT.

No one is beating DJT in any sort of larger field race. DeSantis has an outside chance in an essential 1v1. Not great. But 2 years is a long time.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          The Chairman has officially gone ahead with this blue collar pays for white collar debt cancellation. If you "only" make $125,000 and have student loan debt, then you're eligible for up to $10,000 in wealth transfers from folks who pay their taxes and loans.

I'm also sure that this indirect cash injection will be described as an "inflation reduction" act for good measure.
                          And back to this giant middle finger to the working class. Let us wrap this up with Nancy Pelosi saying, a year ago, that the President doesn't have authority to cancel student loans.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Tlaib is not on my ballot, not my problem, she is annoying in my mind.

Whitmer is far better than anything the Michigan GOP puts up. Bill Schutte sucked.
                            You're in Tlaib's district now.. No more Haley "I worked on President Obama's Auto Industry Bailout Program but haven't done anything else" Stevens. Now, SHE was annoying.

Comment

• So my daughter went to a private college to get her Masters in Occupational Therapy...and rang up over $100,000 in student loan debt...she just got it paid off this year. So she would have been rewarded had she defaulted on the note...but no she has worked her ass off for the last 5 years to pay it off. Now her taxes will go to paying off the irresponsible peoples mess...that's the Prog way...reward to irresponsible...tax the responsible...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't now if Desantis can beat Trump in an R presidential primary that pits them against each other. There are two many variables out there yet to be locked down, like, 3rd party candidates.

What I do know is that he avoids answering trap questions from the media involving what he thinks about DJT himself or his claims that the election was stolen. He either changes the topic or talks about election reform in FL. He's playing to 2 R bases here: (1) The FL any R-besides Trump base and (2) FL R's who are somewhat but not entirely sympathetic with Trump. This gives him entre' to the group that are Trumpers.....at least to the ones that are convincible and there are a lot of those in FL.

From what I've seen of Desantis when the media confronts him is usually impassioned responses that slam the antagonistic questions posed. He had, and continues to have his critics on how the pandemic was handled. Ag Sec, Nicki Fried has been highly critical of him but she couldn't get past Charlie Christ - a former R Governor of FL - in the D primary. He's blasted a number of his media and political critics using, you know, facts, on far ranging topics such as COVID, COVID mitigation measures, COVID payments and the like to squash them.

Hannibal is right though, Desantis does not have a lot of recognition outside of FL and GA and unless the Republican party movers and shakers get behind him and R donors give big, he's going operate from behind the eight-ball with Trump.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X