Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I don’t know what you mean by that last statement.
    There’s apparently a lot of chatter that the FBI got tipped off about classified material by someone close to Trump or maybe a high level employee at Mar a Lago. Someone betrayed Don

But there’s also been rumors for a while that Meadows was flipping and nothing’s materialized…that dude has been keeping an extremely low profile for a year

Comment

• I haven't heard anything. That's news to me.

Comment

• ...meanwhile the laptop from hell is still listed as Russian disinformation for over two years...

Dr. StrangeLoon...hello.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Strangeloon.

heh
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• wizloon

heh

Comment

• crashgay

heh
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• LGBTQWiz

Heh

Comment

• awful
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is the worst beating a Nebraskan has suffered at the hands of a wildcat for at least the next couple weeks.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...you do realize the mildcatz are happy the Huskerz are in the B1G...since the mildkitties are a spectacular 15-78-2 against them...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, these Huskers aren’t the Huskers of old. They probably wish they were in a conference with you. I mean, you get legacy points for beating the Cornhuskers, but Illinois, Colorado, and Troy(!) are beating the Frost UNL team.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Horrific shit
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Opened a story on my NYT's news feed this moring titled, ......"Still In a Race Against the Corona VIrus." My initial reaction was to not read it as it was probably just more unnecessary coronavirus doomsday reporting.

On the contrary it was a well written technical essay on the speed at which viruses evolve and can evade immune system defenses and vaccines. Charles Darwin said the mechanisms of evolution never move quickly. He said “That natural selection will always act with extreme slowness, I fully admit,” he wrote in “On the Origin of Species,” published in 1859. Visuses were unknonw at that time and the first was not discovered until decades later.

What's happened with SARS2 is everything from the evolution of the virus itself to means of identifying viral genomes and then manufacturing vaccines has moved at the quickest pace ever. The author's point was that we have the tools and computer technology to unravel the heretofor unknown of RNA viruses in meaningful ways. All that's lacking is action to harness the technology and do something with it. He has no doubt that there will be more viruses either more or less deadly than SARS2 coming the way of the human race. We should be prepared for them.

To that end, although this point was not made directly, it was implicitly present ...... we might be better off spending the trillions of dollars on trying to set far off climate change goals and spend it to prevent what happened in 2019/20 with the appearance of SARS2 in China, then spreading rapidly all over the world killinig millions in its path. Viruses yet to be seen are more likely to pose a greater risk to the human race than climate change.

That takes leadership from political decision makers who are or should be aware of how much has been accomplished in the fields of virology and epidemiology in the lst 3 years to take action. Not happening. You'll recall COVID related funds earmarked for this kind of work was stripped from the bill to help pay for needless green or climate change undertakings.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fools and their money.

Shame

37e7729e1463c3cf.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X