• Show
Clear All

• Hong.
    Kong.
    Phooey.

STFU.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Never watched Hong Kong Phooey. By the time it came out, I was past Saturday morning cartoon age.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I always thought that Hanna Barbara stuff was crap. With the exception of the Superfriends. I've always been a WB guy myself.

Comment

• No Jetsons or Flintstones? As much for adults as they were for kids. Bulwinkle show was a childhood fave....Fractured Faiytales et al.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Final Jeopardy material: The Jetsons (1962-63 season) is one of the very few series to be broadcast across the big 3 networks. Obviously not simultaneously.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Hanna-Barbera was basically a content mill under tight budgets and deadlines for the networks for saturday morning tv. They recycled stories, animation, and ideas all the time. Scooby-Doo was one of their most popular shows since the Flintstones so of course they ran it into the ground for years with a series of imitators that all had the same essential premise: 3 or 4 teens roam the country solving mysteries with a "wacky" sidekick chracter. Lot of the imitators are much more forgotten but a couple off the top of my head

The Funky Phantom (three teens & a ghost solve mysteries)
              Speed Buggy (three teens & their talking car solve mysteries)
              Goober and the Ghost Chasers (three teens & their dog bust fake ghosts)

Comment

• The Jetsons and the Flintstones never did anything for me. It was the laugh tracks. I hated the laugh tracks as a kid. Heck I still do.

Comment

• Some of the best cartoon work of all time was George of the Jungle, Super Chicken and Tom Slick. All three of those were part of the same half hour program on Saturdays.

Also, Jon alluded to Bullwinkle and Rocky. Cartoons that were so stupid that they were hilarious. Fractured fairy tales, "Mr. Peabody", etc. All good stuff.

And finally, just about everything Warner Bros did with Mel Blanc was great.

Today's cartoon makers and that stupid anime stuff should bow their heads in shame.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Only if they drive the Mystery Machine back in time:

Under Dog original air date: October 3, 1964
                    Scooby-Doo original air date: September 13, 1969
                    I stand corrected

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Hanna-Barbera was basically a content mill under tight budgets and deadlines for the networks for saturday morning tv. They recycled stories, animation, and ideas all the time. Scooby-Doo was one of their most popular shows since the Flintstones so of course they ran it into the ground for years with a series of imitators that all had the same essential premise: 3 or 4 teens roam the country solving mysteries with a "wacky" sidekick chracter. Lot of the imitators are much more forgotten but a couple off the top of my head

The Funky Phantom (three teens & a ghost solve mysteries)
                      Speed Buggy (three teens & their talking car solve mysteries)
                      Goober and the Ghost Chasers (three teens & their dog bust fake ghosts)
                      The concept is great. So many TV shows have borrowed on that concept. The first three seasons have some genuinely spooky villians for a little kid even if the animation is fairly crude. I have a ton of the the DVDs, my kids loved them.

Comment

• jonny quest was best hanna berra cartoon

saw on cbs sunday morning July 31, 2022 was a famous date in cartoon world

Comment

• ray epps name just keeps coming up

i know its gateway but its just as reliable as cbs/nbc/cnn/NYtime

at least they got a decent source

something youll never seen on the made for TV hearings
                          "RAY EPPS RECRUITED ME!" - Political Prisoner Writes Tell-All Letter From Prison About His Experience with the Notorious Operative Ray Epps (thegatewaypundit.com)

Comment

• None of you fuhkerz know a damn thing about cartoon dogs...

H.K.P.
                            G.O.A.T.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Taken (supposedly) from a sensitivity training class for medical personnel in Minnesota:

300b1b0347196850.jpg

Comment

• He's trying to break Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting sreak

Last edited by Hannibal; August 4, 2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X