No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Pro-Life people should scream and pout like petulant little bitches like the Pro-Choice crowd does when things don't go their way...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Wait, people are having their say?
      Well obviously the strategy of the anti-abortion crowd in red states will not become "we must respect the voice of the people". It will become "stop allowing the public to vote directly on the issue".

Get a Republican majority in place, ban abortion, and then dare the public to vote for Dems. It's likely correct that if you allow abortion to be voted on independently of everything else, the pro-choice side can win even in a place like Kansas. That's why from the pro-life perspective it's necessary to bundle everything together. Don't allow them an option of a single-issue vote like tonight.

Dems will attempt to force referenda onto the ballot and red states will adopt tougher measures to qualify for the ballot.

One caveat on making any grand interpretations though...the wording of the issue, like so many issue votes, was confusing. Quite possible thousands voted for something they didn't understand.

Comment

• Looks like Tudor Dixon will be the Republican sacrificial lamb for Queen Gretch to beat up on. Gretch has fattened up on Soros and Gates money, so that along with Wayne County will get her another term. Dems will make lots of commercials with Donald Trump in them, equating his boorish behavior with Dixon. It will work.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Something I've seen written about a couple times in the past week...

The Washington primaries are tonight too. While the individual races aren't very interesting, except to see if that one anti-Trump Republican survives, Washington state's primaries are supposedly a good barometer for midterm elections as a whole. If Dems make up only 48-50% of the total statewide primary vote, then that's a good sign they are likely heading for a bad midterm election.

Comment

• Trump won Sedgwick County, KS (Wichita) by a 54-43 margin in 2020

Tonight, keeping abortion legal is winning 59-41 with over 80% of the vote counted.

Comment

• I wish your Mom believed in abortion.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                I wish your Mom believed in abortion.
                I wish your mom believed in monogamy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Something I've seen written about a couple times in the past week...

The Washington primaries are tonight too. While the individual races aren't very interesting, except to see if that one anti-Trump Republican survives, Washington state's primaries are supposedly a good barometer for midterm elections as a whole. If Dems make up only 48-50% of the total statewide primary vote, then that's a good sign they are likely heading for a bad midterm election.
                  I'm convinced that primary turnout doesn't mean jack shit for the general.

The race in Michigan's 3rd district is really tight.

Comment

• The other 4 GOP candidates for governor were truly a clown car. Hopefully Tudor Dixon will confirm once and for all that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election fair and square. Also she should repudiate the lawless insurrection to try to overturn the election. If she does that, no Democrat would be able to connect her to Trump.

Comment

• Pretty big upset brewing in Arizona -- Lake was the overwhelming favorite and she is down pretty badly to Taylor-Robson with over 50% of the vote counted.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        The other 4 GOP candidates for governor were truly a clown car. Hopefully Tudor Dixon will confirm once and for all that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election fair and square. Also she should repudiate the lawless insurrection to try to overturn the election. If she does that, no Democrat would be able to connect her to Trump.
                        I will not vote for any Trump-endorsed candidate. He may have the ability to drag a bunch of bums over the finish line in primary elections but he - and them - are a major drag on the general/national stage.

Comment

• All 5 of those candidates were desperate for his endorsement, she was the least Trumpy candidate and got the endorsement. I'm pretty sure the endorsement was based on her looks than any policy issues. Poor old Ryan Kelley fought for him and is facing jail time and he couldn't nail down the endorsement.

Comment

• Goodbye, Peter Meijer, you dumb backstabbing phony RINO cocksucker. I hope for your sake that being one of MSNBC and CNN's favorite Republicans was worth your job.

By far the most important result of the night.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; August 2, 2022, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• I don’t think he needs the money. Who called it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                I don’t think he needs the money. Who called it?
                                Me. The Hannibal News Decision Desk is declaring Gibbs the winner.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; August 2, 2022, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X