Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Kari Lake is almost definitely going to win the Governor primary. And she''s a former news anchor that voted for Obama twice, donated to him in the past, has palled around with drag queens in the past, and is running almost entirely on a platform of THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED. And because she's been very consistently screaming that, she's winning Trump's base.
    That is good news for Democrats

Kari Lake, Blake Masters and Mark Finchem are all surging toward victory. Democrats cheer

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...​​​​
    Last edited by CGVT; July 29, 2022, 07:41 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ggod dammit

Out come the Progs...

...or is it Proggs...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 296090992_3347693378796419_7582552167857282594_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=T69nJRhLVCAAX8XUTXV&tn=O5_hwHNmi_fTOR_v&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9WpmXDylR1OpWbasjf6omFDXr1ZilvXkHwvN
        On a recent visit to Wiz's restaurant .....
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lines, I'm not experiencing a recession. The businesses I use are fine. South FL business in general is good.

If one wants to go with GDP, the US is in recession. There's more to it than that and that's nothing new the Biden administration has ginned up to put lip stick on the pig.

The pandemic is creating a tough business environment. There are persistent head winds from that some originating in how Xi has elected to handle Covid. Some in pandemic related upply chain bottle necks that have not resolved as quickly as some though.

The war in Ukraine is impactfull on trade and business in general. Lots of factors slowing a pandemic rebound. Employment is high and workers and companies have money to spend. Too much chasing too few goods, classic inflationary pressures with inflation hurting businesse's bottom line.....and GDP.

No excuses from me for the Biden administration's spending. Too much. But there's a lot more going on he has no control over. Bashing him oversimplifies net global economic problems and GDP is a rather limited indicator. Simple but limited.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's far more fun to bash than to observe and think.

With all the other factors you cite, the record low unemployment is the only thing keeping this downturn from becoming a recession. Inflation really sucks but after a decade of dirt cheap everything, the market is balancing out. We've had incredible economic expansion recently and now a couple of small contractions should be expected. Since when has a capitalist economy been a smooth slant up all the time?

With the recent little market bump, I'm actually up YTD in my overall investments. Not a time to panic in the streets.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Apparently Trump gave Tudor Dixon his endorsement last night and MAGA message boards are in meltdown mode over it. As usual most of the blame is directed at people giving him "bad advice". The Tsar is a good man, he just has wicked counselors.

Comment

• ...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN......STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...STOP THE SPIN...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Apparently Trump gave Tudor Dixon his endorsement last night and MAGA message boards are in meltdown mode over it. As usual most of the blame is directed at people giving him "bad advice". The Tsar is a good man, he just has wicked counselors.
                  The apologists in that segment of the party are insufferable at this point. I expect him to win the nomination easily when he runs but if his shitty candidate endorsements do a faceplant in the midterms, maybe Desantis can exploit that and convince enough R voters to finally switch.

Both houses of Congress are easily there for the taking. If the Rs were fielding good Senate candidates they’d easily capture a majority. But now even Ohio is in doubt. A good candidate would be cruising to a double digit win there.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 30, 2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Great monologue by Tucker on the mind blowing mismanagement of our economy by the Biden administration.

Historians are going to marvel at how insane and incompetent our country's leaders are. It's hard to find a historical parallel to this.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; July 30, 2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• swoon.jpg

Comment

• Progs are dumb.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Great monologue by Tucker on the mind blowing mismanagement of our economy by the Biden administration.

Historians are going to marvel at how insane and incompetent our country's leaders are. It's hard to find a historical parallel to this.
                          When I was in 6th grade, our science teacher came into the room and declared that the world was flat. We students corrected him and told him the world was round. He said "prove it..."

Well, our first attempt was to say that experts and astronomers said it was round. He said, "what are experts, really?..

He went on to say we should break the word expert into its component parts

EX : something that has-been, like an ex-football player
                          SPERT: a drip under pressure.

An expert is therefore a has-been drip under pressure.

Comment

• Great monologue by Tucker
                            Bwa ha hahahaha
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Progs are dumb.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• According to Hanna-Barbera lore, today (July 31, 2022) is the birthday of George Jetson.

george.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X