No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, Manchin caved today and will vote for a lot of the BBB nonsense, particularly the climate change stuff.

You guys in Ohio are going to get a real bonus out of the Chips Bill. It originally started as a $54 B incentive to have more chip production done in the US. It passed as a $ 280 B grab bag for the Congressmen to take home to their constituents. Washington is just sickening.

Comment

• So, you're saying Manchin is a Democrat after all?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I can’t believe you guys are speaking ill of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

Comment

Attached Files
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            If you flat out say Jews are not welcome in your movement, they must become Christians first, you’re an antisemite. It’s not that complicated, my dude, as much as you want to pretend it is.

He didn’t say that about the ADL. He said it about Ben Shapiro
            Not wanting Jews in your not-Jewish religious movement doesn't make you anti-Jewish. At least not in a vacuum. There are exclusively religious political movements around the world that aren't "Anti" everything else. FFS Israel is an open and unapologetic ethno state but I don't see anyone on the Left screaming that they are anti-Christian or anti-Buddhist or anti-Muslim because of it. I don't agree with people like Andrew Torba that Christianity and the Right are one and the same, because I believe that the founding principles of the country came more from history books than from the Bible, but that's another debate.

And LOL if you think that your fellow Lefties at Media Matters care one lick for Ben Shapiro or Jonah Goldberg. What they really care about is this statement right here...

Some videos he posted earlier this week he declares that christian nationalists won't allow a 2% minority tell [them] what to do
            That's the true Third Rail of politics.

This whole thing is just being hyped to get Doug Mastriano to go into cuck mode, disavow his supporters and lose the Pennsylvania gubernatorial election. We'll see if he takes the bait.
            Last edited by Hannibal; July 27, 2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• As part of the ongoing Make America As Shitty As Possible movement, Joe Biden is offering to release a Russian arms dealer in return for Britney Griner.

Democrats: "We're making the world less safe but look on the bright side -- a pro-BLM lesbian is returning to the homeland that she openly hates".

Comment

• So basically you don't give a fuck about Paul Whelan, former US Marine held on phony espionage charges in Russia as a political pawn. Got it. Continue paranoid basing of lesbians because it fits "your side's" narrative.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                  So basically you don't give a fuck about Paul Whelan, former US Marine held on phony espionage charges in Russia as a political pawn. Got it. Continue paranoid basing of lesbians because it fits "your side's" narrative.
                  You're right. I don't give a fuck about a former marine who got kicked out of the military because he was court-martialed and convicted of larceny and identity theft. And neither did Joe Biden until he became a packaged deal with Britney Griner.

I'm not surprised that you think he's a hero though. He'd make a great Democrat.

And given how ridiculous the boogey man portrayal of Russia has been lately, I'd question whether he's innocent too.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 27, 2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Clownworld 2022. This is your Vice President...

Comment

• You wanna make fun of the pronoun stuff, that's fine. That's typical wokety woke stuff. The stuff about what she was wearing towards the end she mentioned because several of the people in the meeting are blind.

Comment

You wanna make fun of the pronoun stuff, that's fine. That's typical wokety woke stuff. The stuff about what she was wearing towards the end she mentioned because several of the people in the meeting are blind.
                        Well shit that makes it even funnier. Why would blind people care what color she is wearing?

Edit -- they are all still wearing masks too LMAO JFC Democrats are retarded.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; July 27, 2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Monkey Pox has been declared a global emergency and Joe Biden has appointed Special Monkeypox Team.

Monkey Pox is a disease that afflicts gay men and is spread mostly by anal sex.

At least two cases have been confirmed in children, and Rachelle Walensky has admitted that they got the disease from gay men.

It's a total mystery how a buttsex-spread disease spread from gay men to children. No clues at all.

(PS -- don't you care call them "groomers".)
                          Last edited by Hannibal; July 27, 2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

The problem with the "independent state legislature" doctrine isn't really about choosing electors. Some states have laws requiring the electors to be awarded to the popular vote winner but not all of them do. Technically in those places the legislature is free to award those electors to whomever they want right now. No new philosophy needs to be adopted -- that's the way it's always been.

The real problem is that the "independent state legislatures" theory posits that state legislatures have total and unchallengeable control over the execution and management of federal elections and even if they blatantly violate the state or federal Constitution, no Governor or Court can do anything about it. I guess if the doctrine took hold those laws requiring electors go to the popular vote winner would be unconstitutional though.
                            Thanks for that DSL, and thanks to talent for focusing the discourse.

I find following the court cases as a layman that bear on national elections difficult. Fundamentally, though, this is about avoiding EC chaos in 2024. That's how I see it, YMMV. The details of how that is to be avoided cover a lot of territory. At center stage, as I understand this, is Moore v. Harper. The SC could rule that state legislatures — and only state legislatures — have a say over how federal elections are run. One legal view asserts that Republican-led legislatures in battleground states like WI, MI, GA, AZ, PA could then theoretically install their own electors during the next presidential election with fewer legal barriers. Other legal scholars disagree with this view. I don't think I completely understood the ISLT background until DSL posted.

Anyway, when I first made the uninformed post about congress working to stop the "funny business" that Trump's clown show tried to carry off and which prompted talent's well deserved ire, I used the term electoral process - meaning, IMO, it needed to be changed. I still hold that position in a generalized way. Understanding ISLT (thanks, DSL) is pretty important in this discussion. I still see the risks that should be eliminated involve states like WI, MI, GA, AZ, PA theoretically being able to install their own electors during the next presidential election with fewer legal barriers. Clearly, redistricting by state legislatures (gerymandering to gain advantage for one party) is part of the "needs to be changed (or restrcited)" goal. I'm unsure if this work should be a federal undertaking. Federalists would be advocates of it. Antifederalists would oppose it.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• COVID News: Shocking ....... peer reviewed studies conclude that the SARS-2 virus that causes COVID originated in a wet market in Wuhan China. It developed in SEA bats, was tranmitted to other wild animals sold in these wet markets common in Asia and then jumped to humans.

The evidence is strong this is where it started around November 2019, took off there locally and spread worldwide by March of 2020. The studies do not disprove that the virus originated elsewhere - the common theory is that the Chinese engineered it in a nearby military lab or that it knowingly escaped from a Chinese lab doing experiments in developing varients of coronaviruses to observe thier behaviors.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• GDP down 0.9% in 2Q after down 1.6% 1Q so....RECESSION!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X