No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressman Zeldins' attacker was charged with a felony, but then released. ROR, I believe its called.

Rep. Lee Zeldin's alleged attacker who tried to stab him with a sharp object during a campaign stop in New York was released on his own recognizance after being charged with a felony.

The congressman predicted that would happen under NY's flimsy laws.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Goldwater would maybe be called a RINO for his social views. He was always a libertarian at heart when it came to social issues. He despised people like Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and the other televangelist types who became powerful during the Reagan years.

Of course, what gets you labeled a RINO is always changing. Nowadays it mean you're disloyal to Trump.

Comment

• I think Mr. Trump has a rude surprise coming among those who have voted for him in the past. Some will vote for him no matter what, just like Dems do for fools like AOC, Pelosi and Stupidnow. Other R's see that its time to move on from him. He was the appropriate response to the dispicably awful Hillary, but that time has come and gone.

Comment

• He was never appropriate against ANYONE, even despicable Hillary. Populism replaced reason in 2016, giving us the absolute worst two candidates possible. The Dems were just as stupid as the Repubs in that election.

We wouldn't be going through any of this shit if we had voted for Doc Hodgman like I did. :^)
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Well, we'll have to disagree on this one. If about 22,000 Michiganians had stayed home on election day 2016, we'd be into Hillary's second term. The Clinton family needed to be retired, and if it cost us 4 years of Trump, it was well worth it.

Trump lost in 2020 because he lost his mind. He even cost R's some seats in the House and Senate. He's the reason "rev" Warnock is a US Senator today. If he keeps up yapping he may sway Georgians to elect the massively stupid Aunt Jemima Stacy Abrams as Governor. He'll also cause Gretchen Whitmer to be swept back into office in Michigan.

Comment

• Aunt Jemima?

Really?

"Gee I don't know why people think conservatives are racist"

Jesus
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm pretty confident Abrams will lose. Kemp constantly being attacked by Trump has almost made him MORE popular. And as Abrams sinks I think that helps Warnock some because I expect there to be a fair amount of split ticket people down there.

There's not been a ton of polling but every time one's released, Warnock is doing better than Abrams. And the Herschel Walker people hinted this week they might refuse to participate in any debates with Warnock (because they're terrified at how he'll do).

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Aunt Jemima?

Really?

What racist? Aunt Jemima used to make great pancakes and syrup until she was put out of business by Progs and BLM.

I just think she'd be an awful governor.

Comment

• "I'm not racist. I just say racist shit"
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Aunt Jemima?

Really?

Jesus
                      Well, Linesman kinda beat me to it, but..

What's wrong with Aunt Jemima? She always kicked Mrs Butterworth's ass. And, if I hadn't figured out how ridiculously easy it is to make pancakes from scratch and the superiority of pure maple syrup, I would still be buying her products.

She flat out rocked. And, FTR, so did Uncle Ben.

But if you think there's something wrong with that, maybe the real "racists" can be found in the mirror.

Comment

• Why am I not surprised that you are defending Liney's use of a racial stereotype?

"I'm not the racist. You're the racist!" It's like talking to Pee Wee Herman.

Jesus Christ

Comment

• Canadian maple syrup is the best. Next time you go, load up. Canadian grocery stores don't just carry corporate brands, but by grade. I don't care who produces it, but Canadian medium #2 maple syrup rocks the pancake and waffle world. If bag checked at the border, I always had interesting conversations with customs. Same with LaBatts Blue - that's real beer from the north, not the moose piss they export to us.
                          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Why am I not surprised that you are defending Liney's use of a racial stereotype?

"I'm not the racist. You're the racist!" It's like talking to Pee Wee Herman.

Jesus Christ
                            Probably because your programmers in Siberia told you so?

Comment

• CGVT, .. in case you haven't figured it out by now, I say a lot of crap like that to get guys like you to say something.

I love black people. I eat at least two or three for lunch every day!

(that was me stealing a Richard Pryor joke about Idi Amin and Jews)

And props to Jon about Canadian Maple Syrup. I'd be going over there more often if the border restrictions weren't so bad. I'm too cheap to buy the "enhanced" drivers license.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                                Canadian maple syrup is the best. Next time you go, load up. Canadian grocery stores don't just carry corporate brands, but by grade. I don't care who produces it, but Canadian medium #2 maple syrup rocks the pancake and waffle world. If bag checked at the border, I always had interesting conversations with customs. Same with LaBatts Blue - that's real beer from the north, not the moose piss they export to us.
                                Come on Jon. You not fooling me with that "Labatt Blue" business. You went over there for Molson Brador- just like the rest of us (at least not when we were going to "Mother's Pizza" or the "ballet"). Unfortunately, they've discontinued it and it's pretty much been forgotten since Coors took over Molson. I've even searched for a clone recipe (just about ANY commercial beer can be made by homebrewers) without much success.

In retrospect, it probably doesn't compare to the modern state of the craft, but it sure tasted great in the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                                X