Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Recall elections are easier to win because an unpopular politician is running against "anyone but them". When you actually have to choose between just two people the decision gets harder. So yeah, Biden versus The Field makes it seem like he has no chance. But Biden vs Trump and the old man at least has a shot.

But I cannot foresee him running again and that'll be even more obvious after the midterms. Jill needs to tap him on the shoulder and say time to go. And from everything I read there will be absolutely NO deference to Harris.
    The Chairman vs DJT would be abother toss-up. It'd probably come down to who spoke the least and in that regard The Chairman would have a small advantage. The debates would be an utter stain on humanity, however.

The Harris Problem is a real deal issue. You may think she won't get any deference, but I really, really can't see the Ds telling a BLACK, ASIAN, WOMAN to fuck off when every other VP typically gets the nod (with the exception of 2016, which was entirely reasonable...the PAH had actually demonstrated an ability to run nationally and win...far more so than The Chairman).

Anyway, if The Chairman steps aside then my bet is on Harris to get the nomination though I'd take the Field against here. So, I'd put it at 35% or so.

She's just soooooooo bad at politics that even with a VP-deferential nod, I still think she's more likely to fuck it up than not, but I can't pick out who, in the field, has a better shot.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This morning on CNBC, Rick Santelli was asked what he would propose to lower inflation.

He said, of course, to open up production of American O+G. He said the basic things like opening Federal lands, ANWAR, abandoning ESG, and cutting regulations.

Then he said that the biggest thing would be for the government to give "forward guidance" that would consist of long-term contracts which guarantee that O+G wells now be able to operate for 30 years or so to get back a return on investment. No one is going to invest in the production of a product that an entire political party has designated for extinction. Santelli simply said the Dems should renounce their opposition to O+G production.

I thought this was interesting because it is something that could be done presently. Actual investment is a long-term endeavor, but attacking inflationary psychology is something that can be done in the near term.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

She's just soooooooo bad at politics that even with a VP-deferential nod, I still think she's more likely to fuck it up than not, but I can't pick out who, in the field, has a better shot.
        And that is a problem, isn't it? Who do the Dems have on their bench? Gavin Newsom? Pete Butt-itch-itch? Oprah? Michelle?

Comment

• O+G is part of the problem and that makes some sense. I've been banging on the the refinery capacity issue and there's just zero way any rational business makes a long-term investment of billions in an industry at least half the government wants to eliminate.

But, you also have to attack supply of all goods -- maybe by easing Jones Act shipping restrictions. And, of course, you have to decrease the supply of money at some point. That's the really hard ask because that recessionary but, in the long-term, growth-oriented.

Comment

• As of June 15, 2022, if the Rs somehow manage to nominate DeSantis instead of DJT then they will win in 2024. DJT may still win, but he has so much baggage -- fully self-inflicted baggage -- that I think he'd still lose unless it's Harris or maybe against The Chairman.

Given the Rs propensity to fuck up their own shit, I'm leaning toward the Ds winning in 2024 and split government.

Comment

• Only way the D's win the WH in 2024 is if Manchin or a Manchin type D is nominated...even if DJT is the R candidate. I am hoping for the RNC to convince DJT to STFU and let DeSantis take the right to the promised land...but it's hard to imagine Orangeman and his ego doing that. It would be a battle royale if the primaries come down to DeSantis v Trump though...either beats Chairman Poopypants or Giggles...but RD beats
              either handily.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More from The Chairman...

"Look, the point is this: Under my plan for the economy, we’ve made extraordinary progress. And we put America in a position to tackle the wor- — worldwide problem that’s worse everywhere but here: inflation. It’s sapping the strength of a lot of families."
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wait...is the economy great or not? You claim record results on this booming economy but admitting inflation is horrible? Oh that's right...inflation is the fault of Putin/Covid/Trump/Republicans/Big Oil
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

We get back to the same old question. Name any Biden administration policy that has been successful.
                    Geeze, my post's point was that $6, 8.6% and a bear market that's cratered 401Ks is way more complicated that pointing the finger at the "Chairman." Specifically, the public doesn't understand what the Fed does in the first place, nor do most have a clue of the difference between fiscal and monetary policy so, it's easy to miss the combo of the Fed's role, combined with two administration's worth of fiscal policy leading up to the pandemic and during it that fostered 8.6%. To reiterate, that's not to imply Biden is blameless.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Some peak #FloridaMan behavior right here

Comment

• No big Supreme Court decisions today either but they ARE churning them out quickly. If anything's noteworthy from today I guess it's Gorsuch again siding with a Native American tribe against most of the other conservatives. And maybe this decision which was unanimous

The Supreme Court said Wednesday that the US Department of Health and Human Services failed to follow the proper procedures in varying reimbursement rates in a drug program aimed at hospitals that typically serve larger shares of disadvantaged patients.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Only way the D's win the WH in 2024 is if Manchin or a Manchin type D is nominated...even if DJT is the R candidate. I am hoping for the RNC to convince DJT to STFU and let DeSantis take the right to the promised land...but it's hard to imagine Orangeman and his ego doing that. It would be a battle royale if the primaries come down to DeSantis v Trump though...either beats Chairman Poopypants or Giggles...but RD beats
                          either handily.
                          It would require a massive stroke of brilliance on the part of the D's to nominate a guy like Manchin, but that brilliance is not there. Manchin would beat ANY Republican challenger, including Trump. I'd vote for Manchin over Trump any time. I wish Manchin was President RIGHT NOW. I'd have some political differences with him, but overall, I have confidence that he'd be a president that would represent more of America than any of the last 3 presidents have. But .. the Dems don't have the balls to take a step like that. They're too busy pandering to the wacko left of The Party to actually make a bold, and CORRECT step like that.

If the D's manage to get The Chairman out of the way, I don't see how they can go with anyone other than Giggles. They're locked in with her like it or not.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• JFC...having Giggles as the D nominee in '24 would be a gift from heaven...even more that Chairman Poopypants running again...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!!

INFLATION IS TRANSITORY!!!

THE ECONOMY IS BOOMING!!!

INFLATION IS PUTIN'S FAULT!!!

ALL IS WELL!!!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                JFC...having Giggles as the D nominee in '24 would be a gift from heaven...even more that Chairman Poopypants running again...
                                Giggles even being a factor in 2024 would be a clear indicator that this country has truly gone off the rails.

Comment

Working...
                                X