Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Two Republicans trying to unseat Gretchen turned in thousands of invalid signatures, including ex Detroit Police Chief James Craig. Unless the State Board of Canvassers overrules the Bureau, those two won't appear on the primary ballot.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ns/9895349002/
    Stop the steal!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Chairman says the high gas prices are "good for us". Apparently this fool thinks that addressing the high price of gasoline is as simple as everyone heading to the car dealership, and buying an electric car. Problem solved!

First of all, car dealerships have very few cars. And most of the cars they do have, are gasoline powered. And the Moron-in-Chief still fails to realize that the high gas prices hurt the people who can least afford the hurt. If you have a 2 parent family, where Dad works in a local factory at about $18 per hour, and Mom works at a local diner for $2.75 + tips per hour, can that family really go out and buy a $60K electric car? If that same Dad has to drive 10 miles each way to work, thats 100 miles per week, 400 miles per month. If Mom drives 5 miles, add another 50 per week and 200 per month.

I know Strangelove will come along with some snarky Trump comparison and tell us how forward thinking The Chairman is in comparison. But at some point, I hope the families that are paying these prices will vote, and let these DC idiots know just how stupid their thinking is.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• To say Chairman Poopypants is out of touch would be like saying DSL is not intelligent...both are as obvious as the warts on Mrs. Liney's arse...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Chairman finally said, more or less, what anyone paying attention knows -- the Ds WANT high gas prices:

"[When] it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over."
          The reality is that cheap energy is very much at odds with any "solution" to the climate "emergency". That's just the reality. Well, I mean, if nuclear energy is off the table. And it is, so it's the reality. So, look, if you're all-in on combating an "existential" threat then I totally get where you're coming from on high fossil fuel prices. I don't know exactly where The Chairman stands, but the D party moving very much in the "all-in" direction. So, I think what he's saying is in line with Party thinking and if you've filled in the variables as they have then the way they balance the equation makes sense.

What I don't understand is how folks that are so concerned with the climate change "crisis" can, simulatenously, be up in arms over fossil fuel prices. There is no policy ven diagram in the world where those two aims overlap.

Now, if you think climate change should be modestly addressed with sensible policies that maintain, to the best of our ability, "cheap energy" -- ok. But, the Party doesn't talk about climate change in terms of half measures -- "crisis" and "existential" and other words of the apocalypse and generally the verbiage used.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This morning, per 538, The Chairman's net approval is -13.4%. I remain gobsmacked by where he is. I really do. I'm a cynical and skeptical motherfucker. My wife sometimes says I have a "terrible way" of being right sometimes. But I was not skeptical enough nor cynical enough wrt this Administration and the Party's power. When DJT was sitting at -12% that didn't surprise me in the least. This, this...shocks me.

Comment

• I hypothesize that Biden sold out to the Left to gain their support for the general and avoid the Hilary/Bernie conundrum of 2016 but somewhere along the line he actually started to believe in their platform. He was a lot of things as a Senator but a far left wacko wasn't one of them.

Comment

• A recent AP-NORC Poll suggests that support for more money and weapons to Ukraine is dwindling with concerns about the economy and gas prices rising. This is exactly what Putin is hoping for .... western resolve will diminish.

I'm also reading this morning that military analysists expect the Russians to try to surround Severodonetsk and are likely to succeed at a great cost in terms of troops and materials but will have trouble holding territory gained on the outskirts of the city as Ukrainian forces counter attack from defensive positions. Analysts are also saying the outcome of this battle - the one where Russia has concentrated, pieced together 25 BTGs in a very small area - may be decisive for the victor. All Ukraine has to do is hold the Russians off, keep control of the city and they'll prevail - that's not assured as the Russian Army is attacking rail and roadway supply lines to the Ukrainian defenders.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I hypothesize that Biden sold out to the Left to gain their support for the general and avoid the Hilary/Bernie conundrum of 2016 but somewhere along the line he actually started to believe in their platform. He was a lot of things as a Senator but a far left wacko wasn't one of them.
                  Loss of support from the Far Left is part of the reason his approval is so low. I posted last week that his approval numbers are best among seniors, worst among Millennials and Gen Z.

I mean, from the perspective of Progs, what promises has he delivered on? Not that I necessarily want him to deliver on all of them. Even the Infrastructure Bill had most of the Green Fantasy bullshit torn out of it.

Comment

• Life comes at you fast, State Farm.

State Farm Abandons LGBTQ Children’s-Book Program after Whistleblower Email Leak

In an email to all State Farm agents and staff members sent just hours after multiple news outlets revealed the book initiative, Victor Terry, chief diversity officer and vice president of public affairs, announced the cancellation of its collaboration with GenderCool, an organization that promotes LGBTQ teaching via speaking events, mentorship programs, DEI/HR consulting, and advising for parents of transgender children.

“State Farm’s support of a philanthropic program, GenderCool, has been the subject of news and customer inquiries. This program that included books about gender identity was intended to promote inclusivity,” the email, obtained by Libs of TikTok, read. “We will no longer support that program.

Conversations about gender and identity should happen at home with parents. We don’t support required curriculum in schools on this topic. We support organizations providing resources for parents to have these conversations,” Terry wrote.

How many corporate diversity officers and responsibility analysts did it take to come to that conclusion? My guess: zero. It took someone from the marketing department to walk down the hall and scream "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?!"

Comment

Loss of support from the Far Left is part of the reason his approval is so low. I posted last week that his approval numbers are best among seniors, worst among Millennials and Gen Z.

I mean, from the perspective of Progs, what promises has he delivered on? Not that I necessarily want him to deliver on all of them. Even the Infrastructure Bill had most of the Green Fantasy bullshit torn out of it.
                      Ah, good point. Hopefully, they become so disenchanted that they stay home the next couple elections.

Comment

He's run headlong into Joe Manchin so "delivering" is hard. But, he touted the fuck out of BBB and that $3T spending spree. He did everything he could to get that through including, as you will surely recall, noting that it would help fight the once transitotry inflation. He also did his damndest to pass the Federal takeover of voting laws in the name of ending "Jim Eagle" or Jim Crow 2.0" or "Jim Crow on STEROIDS!!!"

He did deliver on Covid relief, infrastructure and, of course, throwing the doors open at the border. He did also did his damndest to extend Federal takeover of landlord-tenant law.

What he hasn't done, yet, is cancel student debt. Unitlaterally. That's the big Prog wet dream. And I don't even know if The Chairman has it in him to do something politically unpopular and obviously unconstitutional/illegal under the existing statutory framework.

There is no doubt he's lost support amongst younger folks, but I wonder how much of that is their preposterously unrealistic dreams/reality kicking them in the teeth and how much of it is their sense that The Chairman is doddering a boomer knucklehead/reality kicking them in the teeth.

Comment

• As an aside: Kills me to see everyone with a a chief diversity officer championing DEI. DEI is a weaponized version of wokeness. The main issue is that “equity” in that group has come to mean ‘equality of outcome’ as opposed to ‘equality of opportunity’. It sounds, on the surface, like a minor distinction, but it is not. Not even close.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Of course it isn't. Some of us have been noting this for awhile. Welcome to the party, Peateater

Comment

• I was noting this WELL before you, shyster.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Incorrect. I noted it back on the old CNNSI Ivy Thread that I took over. I will, if necessary, contact Cool Breeze for access to his CNNSI screenshot archive.

Comment

Working...
                                X