No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s going to be glorious to watch Abrams lose again.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You understand that makes you a racist.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe I am an outlier here but I find banning books bad no matter who does it.

And it is scary when there are book burnings like in Tennessee.

A couple things all public schools could use.

1) Debate/Critical thinking classes.

2) You want religion in the classroom? Okay, but teach all major religions (Judaism. Christianity. Islam. Hinduism and Buddhism) along with any local religions/sects.(Native, paganism etc).

I doubt either happens. The first one because TPTB does not want people to critically think beyond what is needed to do the non living wage businesses pay. And be grateful for that job.

The second will never happen because those that push for religion in schools by and large mean Christianity only.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          You understand that makes you a racist.
          Racist-Misogynist
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Let’s not forget the people who who “BAN” To Kill a Mockingbird. You posted nothing on that. You’d much rather just post clip of an idiot in Texas than a story on an entire school board in Seattle. The latter are your kind of people.

This is the problem. It rings really fucking hollow when you stick with your D talking points. It rings really hollow when you seemingly pretend that only religious folks are doing this. It rings really hollow when you generally laugh at and mock the Free Speech cousin to this — cancel culture.

What it seems like is “ha, look at that idiot R” not that you any really concern about the substantive issue.
            To Kill a Mockingbird is constantly under attack. I'll call anyone a moron for trying to ban it if that's what you want. I'm not aware of the Seattle angle you're mentioning but they can go fuck themselves.

I wrote out multiple responses here but I'm not going to post any of them. From my perspective it rings equally hollow when you rush to post "Ha, look at this CRT moron" stories, but are completely silent when cultural conservatives ban books or do stupid shit.

You want me to be completely balanced here? Criticize a Leftist for every Right-winger I laugh at? Why am I the only one here held to that standard?

Comment

• I think I just referred to that woman as an idiot twice. I have no interest in defending conservatives who are “banning no books”. I’m also all for local school districts figuring out what they want to teach, so that can, at times create a tension for me.

But as for To Kill a Mockingbird or Dr. Seuss — shit that has actually happened as opposed to some screed from some Texas women — that speaks to, in some part, how much you follow the perspective of the right.

I actually have almost no doubt that you and I agree on these issues at about 99%.
              Last edited by iam416; May 22, 2022, 07:23 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In high school (1994-1998) I can recall reading

To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
                The Awakening (Kate Chopin)
                Cat's Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut)
                One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey)
                Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck)
                The Catcher in the Rye (JD Salinger)
                Song of Solomon (Toni Morrison)
                Invisible Man (Ralph Ellison)
                Great Gatsby (F Scott Fitzgerald)

Every single one of these has been targeted for banning somewhere in America. Usually by conservatives but recently, leftists have targeted some of them for use of the n-word or "uncomfortable" approaches to race. The Great Gatsby, if anyone hasn't read it in a long time, contains a conversation between Nick and Tom about "race replacement" theory that you probably didn't acknowledge much as a high schooler.

Comment

• I'd like to ban you.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My freshman year of high school as part of my English class we read a number of young adult novels that dealt with "teenage problems". In retrospect it was complete crap and I can't recall a single name of any of them but because they dealt with sexual issues and puberty, I imagine they're on a banned list somewhere. I can only recall one that involved teenage pregnancy and another involved a high school kid that was using steroids and his genitals shrunk and he got acne. Amazing stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      I'd like to ban you.
                      Feeling nostalgic, motherfucker? Stuff this corncob down your gullet. HyuUuUuUck!!!!!!

I'm taking my trash and I'm OUT of here!!!!!

Comment

• I KNEW IT!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I tried to watch Trev Alberts explain why the Blackshirts were so bumbling against the Buffs but I couldn't get the RealVideo to load. I was very disappointed.

Comment

• For you Michigan Men, here's the preview of the 2001 Tressel vs. Carr matchup

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Are you all just going to ignore the fact that the clip has the woman wanting to ban them or are you just going to keep trying to change the narrative?

That is what the clip DSL posted is about. Period
                              "The Clip" isn't really all that important. We get it- she's a wacky fundamentalist that most people just laugh about when they get out the chance. But, that's not as funny as failed attempt to prove that ALL conservatives are really this wacky - or that DSL was the one that was actually trying to change the narrative.

Again, what has Biden actually accomplished or NOT fucked up?

Comment

• I WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE FOLKS AND CONVINCE YOU EASILY SWAYED DOPES THAT YOU SHOULD IGNORE ECONOMIC WOES AND VOTE DEMOCRAT!!!!

Or I was just laughing at a moron conservative, which, apparently, I'm not allowed to do on this here forum. I've been repeatedly assured that conservatives are all rational, never emotional, and will never abuse the power they are about to assume for the next decade +

Comment

Working...
                                X