Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Yeah, that’s horrible. I have also heard that some states may bring charges on residents who go out-of-state to have one done. Not sure how that’s enforceable, though.
    That type of law would be very obviously unconstitutional.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      #8 movie in only 12 hours--not bad

"LONGBOAT KEY, Fla., May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Dinesh D'Souza's new movie "2000 Mules," which launched on Saturday, May 7, 2022, grossed more than one million dollars in less than twelve hours on the video streaming platform Rumble and its subscription-based platform, Locals. The movie's gross sales on Rumble and Locals, which began on Saturday at noon, are good enough to put "2000 Mules" in the estimated box office top ten for the weekend of May 6th to May 8th. "

In Less Than 12 Hours, "2000 Mules" Grosses More Than One Million Dollars on Locals and Rumble | News | wfmz.com
      Your boy Dinesh has been whining that Fox and NewsMax won’t bring him on to promote his latest sci-fi epic. Guess there’s some concern over lawsuits, defamation, yadda yadda

Comment

• Looks like Mooney will beat McKinley in the West Virginia race. McKinley had the support of the highly popular Governor and Joe Manchin and 2/3 of his old district was in the new district.

It didn’t matter. Donald Trump told the base to vote for the Trump nut sucker. And the base obeyed. “All politics is local” is dead.

The ultimate test of this will be Dr Oz who recent polls suggest is in the lead

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Looks like Mooney will beat McKinley in the West Virginia race. McKinley had the support of the highly popular Governor and Joe Manchin and 2/3 of his old district was in the new district.

It didn’t matter. Donald Trump told the base to vote for the Trump nut sucker. And the base obeyed. “All politics is local” is dead.

The ultimate test of this will be Dr Oz who recent polls suggest is in the lead
            I thought that Trump was irrelevant?
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well lookie who showed up...the man who is living proof of an aborigine gangbang...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Did Talent give you permission to post tonight?

yorkshire-dog-on-lap-mature-260nw-299484569.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I gave him the night off...now STFU.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                    Michigan voters will see a ballot proposal that changes the state Constitution. It would change the term limits slightly and would require financial disclosure for the guv and legislature. Personally I don't think the term limit proposal goes far enough. State level politicians should be limited to 2 terms - one in office and one in prison.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...re/9715140002/
                    There are already term limits in Michigan and all it has done is empower the special interests and dark money to have more power over the legislature. There is no institutional knowledge in the legislature these days. Those that serve in the legislature many of them are looking to the next rung on the ladder and are willing to do whatever the dark money or their party wants.

Now financial disclosure for everyone is a good thing.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There's a lot to that. Term limits is something that, on paper, sounds good. In practice, not so much (IMO).
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nothing's as significant as leaking the draft itself but this is like the 4th or 5th leak out of the Supreme Court in ten days now. Someone told Politico that Alito's opinion is still the ONLY draft there is, none of the 5 conservatives have changed their vote, and no dissents have even circulated yet.

Comment

• And maybe Midwest Republicans are a bit different than Appalachian ones because Trump's chosen groper to lead Nebraska lost in a close three-way match. Trump even held a rally for him and everything.

Comment

• He lost to Jim Pillen...who was endorsed by Saint Tom Osborne and current Governor Ricketts. Pillen is a Husker hero saving the game vs. OU in 1978 by recovering Billy Sims fumble at the 3 yard line late in the game. I knew it bv would be close but in the end the allegations against Herbster did him in. The 3rd candidate was a former Husker QB as well.

Now STFU.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                              ...Those that serve in the legislature many of them are looking to the next rung on the ladder and are willing to do whatever the dark money or their party wants.

Now financial disclosure for everyone is a good thing...

And therein lies the problem. The Michigan State Legislature is filled with (both sides of the aisle) froth mouthed, knuckle dragging partisan hacks who vie to show who is the most extreme in order to build a reputation for a run at the next level. This has gone on for years. We spent almost no money on roads or for infrastructure the last 20 years (no new taxes!!!) and have made unemployment bennies and food stamps almost auto-approved (steps toward universal wage!!!). These assholes only care about party red meat, not the citizens. (See the slate of false electors the GOP tried to submit at the Capitol.) For Rep/Sen, make the term length 4 years and make the term one and done. Let do gooders run, not professional thieves, er, politicians.

The ancient Hittite civilization had a great method of ensuring politicians listened to the people. The pols were appointed by the head of the city-state. At the end of their term, they were marched to the city square and presented to the people. If the people cheered the pol, he was given a pension and sent home. If they booed the pol, his head was removed on the spot. Term limits with a definitive end.

Agreed, financial disclosure for everyone is a good thing...except for DJT....
                              Last edited by Obi-Jon; May 11, 2022, 09:04 AM.
                              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• that has to be the weakest factcheck rebuttal i've ever seen

after 4 years of trying to attempt impeachment twice on totally bogus charges--the hundreds of blown up headlines of one bombshell after another promising "this time we'll get him' only to explode in their faces, after watching them Ban him from social media while letting every cockamanie story run its course while true jounalistic efforts like bidens family corruption be banned from all social big media sites---Do you really believe anybody really gives a S#*@ about the fact check rebuttal from the associated press?

try reading it before you post it--its hilarous. my own cell phone tracks me to within a few meters on a daily basis--the entire world knows exactly where i am as soon as I enable that feature on my cell phone i could be droned into oblivion in a few seconds--the argument that these mules couldn't be tracked repetitively to these dropboxes because we dont have the ability to trackis ludricous

big brother now has the capability to know eveywhere you are to within a few meters, evey program youve ever watched, ever website you ever visited, every resteraunt you frequnt where you place your name on the list, every deparment store you buy something from, every golf course you ever played and how many yards you hit each shot, every mile you have ever drive and every parking space you ever occupied.

but somehow or another they dont know how many times you stopped by a ballot box hilarious

Last edited by crashcourse; May 11, 2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X