No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same day a Russian weapons factory burns, their largest chemical plant burns down?

Neither of these places was anywhere near the border.

Russia's biggest chemical plant burns down in second mystery fire in a day - World News - Mirror Online

Comment

• sounds like a conspiracy!

Comment

• I'm just going to take a guess that "enemies" of Putin's Russia, having gotten awfully good at getting at terrorist masterminds and eliminating them, while they can't get to Putin and shouldnt as its too obvious can cause his regime some real problems.

Some day, what went down to fuck with Putin over Ukraine will make a great spy story.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          CNN+ is shutting down already...lol

CNN+ will shut down at the end of April - CNN
          Maybe Chris Wallace can file for unemployment.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Ohio primary is in less than two weeks. Starting to get ugly between JD Vance and Josh Mandel. Trump endorsed Vance, much to the chagrin of a lot of hardcore MAGA people, because Vance is an obvious phony. But Mandel is a phony too. Mandel has the Club for Growth behind him and they've been putting out attack ads using quotes from Vance back in 2016 about how much of an asshole he thought Trump was. Donnie T Jr. is behind Vance and hitting back with old clips of Mandel thanking Mitt Romney.

These guys are the front-runners. Maybe the last two weeks they will crucify each other so badly that Gibbons could slip past and steal the nomination but I dunno. His "the middle class isn''t paying their fair share in taxes" comment can't be a game-changer either.

Comment

• Two of Steve Bannon's buddies plead guilty to charges of wire fraud, tax fraud, and conspiracy to commit wire fraud in relation to their BUILD THE WALL scam that they promoted with Bannon.

Trump pardoned Bannon before he was even convicted. He did noting for the other two, who could be heading to prison for over 10 years.

At the time New York claimed they would open a probe into the events too, which Bannon wouldn't be protected from. But I've never heard that it went anywhere. Or if these two guys could be used to testify against him.

Comment

• A lot of people have been trying to read things into this clip released today of Putin and Defense Minister Shoigu. They're pointing out his awkward posture and the fact that he grips the table edge for the entire 3 minutes. When Shoigu disappeared for several weeks they said he'd had a heart attack. If someone just told you one of these two men had been ill recently, which one would you think it was? Although I suppose Shoigu barely moves or speaks the entire time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Interesting that an article kinda critical of DeSantis is published in the Daily Caller

I wonder if, as we head into 2023, we're going to see a schism in the rightwing media outlets. Which, if any, will stick with Trump and try to turn DeSantis into a Heel?

DeSantis’ Office Drags Its Feet Justifying Massive Textbook Rejection | The Daily Caller
                  I think that Desantis will take a back seat to Trump and wait his turn if Trump decides to run. He can afford to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I think that Desantis will take a back seat to Trump and wait his turn if Trump decides to run. He can afford to wait.
                    Unfortunately, I think this is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Yeah, I've said for a while that's the smart thing for him to do. He'll be only 50 in 2028. The election campaign will be starting just as he finishes his seond term. But I'm growing less certain he's willing to wait
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 24, 2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Long twitter thread from a local Orlando reporter about all the tax fallout from killing Reedy Creek,

Bottom line is that Orange County will have to raise their property taxes, significantly, in order to cover the lost revenue that Reedy Creek raising for itself. Estimates by as much as 25%. Osceola County is still assessing how much they will have to raise taxes. The issue is the $163M annually Reedy Creek was generating for itself. Disney was already paying the same property taxes as everyone else -- Reedy Creek's taxes were ON TOP OF Orange County taxes. So those are what's being eliminated overnight.

Unless, of course, Orange County decides they simply won't maintain or service the park to the same degree that Disney did. In which case not only will Disney's business likely be negatively impacted but the local economy as well. There's also some debate as to how much the County can even legally raise property taxes overnight.

Disney could sue but will almost certainly lose. The reporter thinks the legislature could quietly reverse themselves sometime next year once this has all died down and they get a full assessment of what they've done. But who knows.

Comment

• The fact that McCarthy is on tape saying he would pressure Trump to resign (on Jan 10) and make sure Pence wouldn't pardon him is bad. But probably not as bad as this other supposed recording of him saying he wanted Twitter/Social media to ban several members of his own caucus. Presumably that's MTG, Boebert, Goser, the crazies. That one could end up hurting his chances of becoming Speaker a lot more. And supposedly that's not the end of it either.

Scalise could well end up being Speaker. He seems smarter than McCarthy anyways. Heh, maybe he's the one who secretly recorded Kevin (Cheney swears it wasn't her).

Comment

• So today, our fair state is being graced by the appearance of racist extraordinaire, "reverend" Al Sharpton. Al is going to be in town, stirring up trouble in Grand Rapids today, as he 'preaches' the funeral of the young man who lost his life fighting with a Grand Rapids police officer. I'm sure Al has brushed up his best racist and hate talk that will trash everything from Donald Trump to Chick-fil-a. Very appropriate for a grieving family to hear at this time.

Maybe police departments need to adopt a new policy when addressing those who resist arrest. I suggest the following: When a struggle develops over a suspect being arrested, the police officer should be required to stand still, and allow the suspect to choose whichever weapon the officer has, and use it against the officer, "because he's scared" or "because the police can't be trusted".

That should take care of everything. I'm sure the Jesse and Al Show would love it.

Comment

• A funny moment from the MTG shitshow hearing. Right after this they played a clip of MTG saying that Pelosi is guilty of treason and that treason is punishable by death.

Comment

• I would love to see her tossed out but I don't think using a narrow reading of the 14th amendment that was tailored toward barring members of the Confederacy from holding federal office really applies here.

Comment

Working...
                                X