No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read a few news articles about teachers who are leaving Florida and/or the profession all together because of this law. A common thread through all their stories is that it sure seems like they really, REALLY, want to talk to K-3rd graders about sexual preferences and gender issues.

Comment

• Heh. Anecdotal shit is anecdotal. I mean, if Florida winds up with a teacher shortage then...

And, of course...University Education programs have critical theory built into them. Like real critical theory. They need to learn how to incorporate concepts into their teaching. The ones who are leaving think it's remarkably important for teachers to guide kindergartners through the rocky road of gender transition. Parents...and Governor DeSantis believe teachers should do other things.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nothing Burgers. Really.

CRT...whether taught structurally or just philosophically...doesn't happen. Sexual perversion is not being taught to yunguns...just enlightenment...

Nothing Burgers. Really.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I've read a few news articles about teachers who are leaving Florida and/or the profession all together because of this law. A common thread through all their stories is that it sure seems like they really, REALLY, want to talk to K-3rd graders about sexual preferences and gender issues.
          It's good that these people are making themselves known. The public has a vested interest in knowing which adults feel that teaching their sexuality to six year olds is a hill worth dying on.
          Last edited by Hannibal; April 5, 2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Heh. Anecdotal shit is anecdotal. I mean, if Florida winds up with a teacher shortage then...

And, of course...University Education programs have critical theory built into them. Like real critical theory. They need to learn how to incorporate concepts into their teaching. The ones who are leaving think it's remarkably important for teachers to guide kindergartners through the rocky road of gender transition. Parents...and Governor DeSantis believe teachers should do other things.
            It's notable that they are specifically interested in teaching not just sexuality, but homosexuality and transgenderism. I swear -- it's almost as if they are really just child predators who are using the education system to groom children.
            Last edited by Hannibal; April 5, 2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• This is why Progs oppose a voucher system for private schools...control.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If you want to send your kids to.private.school, pay up, you shouldn't need the government to help you out.

Comment

• IMHO public schooling is a legitimately important function of government and I'm kind of on the fence about school vouchers, but any public system has to be held accountable for what is being taught. School boards across the country have adopted the attitude that the school system is their little personal fiefdom for inflicting their mental illnesses on their communities, rather than an important institution that they have been granted control of by taxpayers who expect results. Covid-19 served as an incredibly rude awakening for many of these mini-Napoleons, who found out the hard way that they answer to the community, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    If you want to send your kids to.private.school, pay up, you shouldn't need the government to help you out.
                    I used to share this opinion but if someone is essentially trapped in a bad/under-performing district, I wouldn't mind if the state funding followed the student to a better school. Maybe at a lesser amount if they go private vs. a different public school but there should be avenues for parents to get their kids out of crappy schools if they can't afford to move to a better district.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      If you want to send your kids to.private.school, pay up, you shouldn't need the government to help you out.
                      Why should I pay for your public school kid then?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I used to share this opinion but if someone is essentially trapped in a bad/under-performing district, I wouldn't mind if the state funding followed the student to a better school. Maybe at a lesser amount if they go private vs. a different public school but there should be avenues for parents to get their kids out of crappy schools if they can't afford to move to a better district.
                        Amen. But they don't want the competition...it will expose them and their enrollment would shrivel smaller than CGVT in a cold kiddie pool...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Yeah. I mean, it's also a fundamentally racist opinion -- at least as racism is measured these days. School choice is a pretty big deal for AAs, especially AAs trapped in shitty districts.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh
                            Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• heh heh
                              Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't have the stats, but in Metro Detroit there are a large amount of schools that are school of choice. Homeless kids from Detroit can go to West Bloomfield and do go there. In Detroit I think you can go to any of the high schools. There are options.

Believe me, I would cash the vouchers that reimbursed me for the over 100k that I have probably paid, but I don't think it's necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X