No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been following COVID news on the side with Ukraine occupying most of my time doing research on that conflict. We have a new variant, BA-2. Reportedly, it is causing an increase in new "case numbers" in Europe. I need not point out that as a measure of risk to the PH it's useless and has been declared by PH officials to have little meaning. Yet, here we are.

BA-2 is a subvariant of the Omicron lineage. All you need to know is (1) ignore new case number counts and reports of a new surge (you know this).To my knowledge no region experiencing increasing case numbers is also experiencing shortages of hospital space or problems managing COVID. (2) Every virus known to man reaches an "infectiousness plateau." Recall that new SARS-CoV2 variants have all been more infectious. This is how they survive by multiplying as rapidly as they can. But there's a limit to that. That's were were headed with this thing.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We had a bit of excitement at my place of employment yesterday. Fortunately, the mechanic who was injured does not appear to have life-threatening injuries. My son was in the building at the time of the explosion. He's in training to become a driver. He's okay, along with everyone else.

Apparently what happened was the mechanic was working on a school bus when he noticed a strong smell of propane coming from one of them. He went to open the garage door to ventilate the area, and the propane tank exploded. Apparently caused from a spark from the garage door opener. He was thrown into the parking lot by the force of the explosion. That's probably what saved his life. The garage and the two buses inside are totally destroyed.

Count your blessings, folks.

One person was taken to the hospital and two Shiawassee Regional Education Service District (RESD) buses were totaled during a fire Monday afternoon at the Shiawassee Area Transportation Agency (SATA) building.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yikes! Glad to hear your son wasn't hurt.

Comment

• I had a few apprehensive moments. I was running my route when the dispatcher came across the radio and said "there's been an emergency at the office and we are going off the air". I said, "what??". I was just about to get back on the radio and tell them I wanted to know my son's status when my cell phone rang, and it was my son telling me he was okay. Scared the crap out of me.

I work for the SATA group, and he's in training to work for SATA as well. We are shut down indefinitely because the fire wiped out all of our phone and radio communications, along with our computer systems. I hope they ran some sort of an off-site data base backup system.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Damn liney...glad he made it ok brother. Scary shit.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wow ....... glad everything is OK.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’m glad both you and your son are well, Liney.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Jeff -

What’s the take on evusheld? As a transplant patient (BMT), the Covid vaccines (as a retake) aren’t as effective and evusheld will be given in it’s stead. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                    Jeff -

What’s the take on evusheld? As a transplant patient (BMT), the Covid vaccines (as a retake) aren’t as effective and evusheld will be given in it’s stead. Thoughts?
                    Jon, I have zero clinical experience with this drug as is the case with many providers. If you are still in contact with your transplant team, I'd recommend you get in touch with them. If not, have a look here: https://www.emoryhealthcare.org/cent...ter/index.html

It's an anti-clonal AB injectable, quite new and under EUA. It's the only one approved v. Omicron variants including BA-2.

Comment

• I'm still hospitalized. Just looking for input to formulate the right questions.

Comment

• Been told that the vaccines while developing antibodies to covid supresses the immune system making you susceptible to other pathogens/ immune mediated respomnses

I've seen it in orthopedics here we seem to be having issues with some patients "rejecting't there new knees --specifically increased infection and an allergic reaction to a new knee we put in

kinda wonder if any peer reviewed studies on the vaccine and those with on immunosuppressives for organs transplant

JB?

Comment

• hospitlaized? rejecting a transplanted organ?

Comment

• BMT is bone marrow. Hate to hear it, Jon. Hope you’re doing okay all things considered.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I am, thank you. I've been beating huge odds stacked against me, every time. Every Freaking Time. I will NEVER bitch about not winning the lottery. Powerball, you ain't got shit on me.

Less than 2 more weeks and I go home. Full recovery and cure expected, in time.

Comment

• I will get new DNA structure out of all of this. An opportunity to become an untraceable super villain...

Comment

Working...
                                X