No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are speaking about the revocation of Executive Order 13795 of April 28, 2017 (Implementing an America-First Offshore Energy Strategy) by Biden on 1/20/21, you obviously didn't read what that entailed. With that Executive Order, Trump opened up Arctic Refuge and Bering Sea oil drilling that was suspended by Obama. The revvocation order was immediately tied up in court and not a drop of oil or sq/in of gas was extracted during his administration from the areas affected by the EO. That is not "putting sanctions against American O+G production" or reducing production by 3M barrels/day. I love how you flat earthers spout that anyone challenging your nonsense must be Green extremists.

The US imports 3-4% of its oil consumption from Russia. China has agreed to buy any and all oil Russia wishes to sell it. Taking away US demand for Russian oil does nothing except raise the cost at the pump as supply is reduced while demand remains constant. Its a feel good move to not give Russia dollars and have the ability to point at Biden to say "your actions are raising gas prices". It's intentional partisan hypocrisy to score political points rather than do something that advances US interests. Why are their no sanctions against China for its support of the Butcher of Moscow?

As explained previously, we have been energy self sufficient since the Obama administration. We use oil for foreign aid and foreign policy. The lack of production is not the issue. On the flip side of increasing supply, if we (horrors!!!) reduce demand, price will decrease as a market mechanism.We should strongly encourage Saudia Arabia, Venezuela, and their ilk to pump like mad, take advantage of the high price. Deplete their reserves and flood the market. As an ExxonMobil stockholder, I KNOW that it cost EM $3 / barrel to extract oil from mature wells. The intentional economic rape at the pump serves only to fatten the share price and increase the dividend, not advance American interests. Even today, the oil companies could sell the product to refiners at $50/bbl and still make scads of money. Production is not the issue, profit is. You want oil prices to plunge? Use price controls for American product. Oil companies will still be fat cats, just not as obese.
    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Article from thehill.com in February..

Crude oil prices recently rose over $90 per barrel, and nationwide prices at the pump now average $3.44, an increase of almost $1 over this time last year. And in Europe, even without any Russian invasion and resulting sanctions, gas prices increased 30 percent at the beginning of 2022.

With all these predictable outcomes, you would think that that the Biden administration would be pursuing policies that would help address the situation. You would think that they would be encouraging development of necessary infrastructure, expediting permitting, trying to ease bottlenecks.

But that's not what we've seen. The cancellation of the Keystone Pipeline on Inauguration Day merely set the tone; other projects have run into similar problems. The Constitution Pipeline, for instance, was cancelled in 2020 after eight years of legal wrangling. The American Midstream (Magnolia Extension) project, one that would have brought Marcellus and Utica shale gas to growing Southeast markets, has been on hold since 2016. The Atlantic Coast Pipeline was abandoned after six years because of excessive red tape. The Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would provide essential energy to the East Coast, has faced an avalanche of setback, including legal challenges filed as recently as last month. And the list goes on.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Cons...

257221778_10223601457439022_6817122445271310927_n.jpg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Progs gonna prog...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I know exactly how gas prices work.

The oil companies wait until some rag head in the ME hollers "death to America", and they raise the price at the pump an additional $1

And Democrats cut off all other sources of oil.

Very simple.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That was a very Kamala-like explanation liney...thank you for dumbing it down for our resident progs...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm convinced that Putin is actually Pee Wee Herman...
                  Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have the answer...
                    Attached Files
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Saw a video today of police in Moscow (who are almost always in masked, riot gear mode, btw) stopping random people on the streets and demanding to see their cellphones. They then stand there as the cops skim through their text messages, presumably looking for anything anti-war.

Comment

• Criminy. Who do they think they are...Canada?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• “We’re in the middle of a crises caused by this pandemic. We’re looking at over 220 million Americans who just in the last several months have died. It breaks your heart. Many people -who without their loved ones- were by themselves. We’re looking at 8 million people who have contracted the virus,” she added.

Kamala Harris
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "It is time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is every day. Every day, it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down."

Kamala Harris
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "Certain dates echo throughout history, including dates that instantly remind all who have lived through them -- where they were and what they were doing when our democracy came under assault. Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendars, but a place in our collective memory. December 7th, 1941. September 11th, 2001. And January 6th, 2021."

Kamala Harris
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Brilliant lady...just one Biden stroke from POTUS...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X