No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't aware of how much Uranium we get from Russia.
    ​​​​​​https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...um-2022-03-02/

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Libertarian: Person who wants all of the benefits of a civilized society but doesn't want to pay for any of them
      That depends on what you consider the "benefits of a civilized society" to be. In the United States the starting point for that definition is the Constitution.

Comment

• I’d really like to read a copy of this - Doxa’s “A handbook for anti-war disputes at home and at work.” Quick look on the net comes up short. It would give an insight on how Russia is portraying the war for home consumption.

Nineteen-year-old Tasya stood with her friends on a cold morning in the Russian city of St. Petersburg and joined protesters’ chants against the Russian invasion of Ukraine: “Nyet Voine!” (“No to War!”)

​​​​​​​https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/03/1/7327025/
        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Heh. The Ukrainians are referring to the Russians as “orcs”.

Several thousand people flooded the streets of Melitopol in the Zaporizhia region to stop Russians from capturing the city.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. Got it. Biden ain't great. I'll take him any day over that orange piece of shit

I'm looking to the future of 2024. I'm a futurist.

He's going to humiliate DeSantis if he dares run against him and you know it. That guy that lost his shit and yelled at high schoolers for embarrassing him by wearing masks...lol...yeah he'll trounce Trump. No doubt.

So I guess get down on your atheist knees and secretly pray for the first time in your life that the Dems can find something, ANYTHING, on him to keep him out of the 2024 race. Lord knows the Republicans aren't going to do shit but roll over for him...AGAIN
            Again, no real response to SHITSHOW that is The Chairman. Just more TRRRRUMMMMMMP!!!!

It's a caricature at this point, though, to be fair, one you really seem to relish.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't know what will happen in 2024. I don't know if DJT will run again. I don't know who the Ds will run. I don't know who will win. And that's not a "I don't KNOW" because it's a future thing, it's an "I don't know" because it's politics and a fuckton can happen in 2-3 years.

What I do KNOW is what the current PRESIDENT has done and what him and his party want to do.

Comment

• Just saw that we are spending roughly $14B of the Infrastructure Bill on plan hatched by Buttigieg to eliminate traffic fatalities. Zero them out. I would have thought that money better spent on, you know, infrastructure, but if The Chairman is going to cure cancer I guess Buttigieg can eliminate traffic fatalities.

I just can't believe we have so many Superheroes running shit now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Just saw that we are spending roughly $14B of the Infrastructure Bill on plan hatched by Buttigieg to eliminate traffic fatalities. Zero them out. I would have thought that money better spent on, you know, infrastructure, but if The Chairman is going to cure cancer I guess Buttigieg can eliminate traffic fatalities.

One of those ways is to buy more cameras- so, you know, we can catch more speeders and get more revenue from tickets. The old concept of "Speed Kills", so let's encourage safe driving by punishing speeders. It's right up there with sobriety checkpoints and "click it or ticket". They all sound great, but they aren't as effective as you would think- unless you are an insurance company or think that we're too stupid as a society and need the government to discipline us.

Comment

• Purportedly Russian troops behind the line complaining about conditions. First one I’ve seen from their side. Down thread there is a translation. They claim they’re being forced to sign paperwork that’ll make it look like they were never there. The dead aren’t being recovered, they sleep on the ground without tents, and have only eaten dry rations for 3-4 days

Comment

I don't know what will happen in 2024. I don't know if DJT will run again. I don't know who the Ds will run. I don't know who will win. And that's not a "I don't KNOW" because it's a future thing, it's an "I don't know" because it's politics and a fuckton can happen in 2-3 years.

What I do KNOW is what the current PRESIDENT has done and what him and his party want to do.
                      A-Fucking-Men

You know in psychology they teach of a sickness where everything is someone else's fault. For the Progs...that is Mango Man...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Just saw that we are spending roughly $14B of the Infrastructure Bill on plan hatched by Buttigieg to eliminate traffic fatalities. Zero them out. I would have thought that money better spent on, you know, infrastructure, but if The Chairman is going to cure cancer I guess Buttigieg can eliminate traffic fatalities.

Well he triumphed over Covid just in time for the SOTU...so solving traffic deaths...can a corn man...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've followed a decent number of Russian-centric reporters on Twitter since the 2014 invasion so I get a lot of Ukraine stuff on my timeline now. Today's the first day where a number of them say there are serious rumors of martial law being imposed in Russia. Would seem overwhelmingly to prevent people, especially the upper middle class and wealthy, from leaving the country. Putin's having another meeting of his national security team today.

Comment

• Hasn't Russia been under a state of imposed martial law since 1917?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

One of those ways is to buy more cameras- so, you know, we can catch more speeders and get more revenue from tickets. The old concept of "Speed Kills", so let's encourage safe driving by punishing speeders. It's right up there with sobriety checkpoints and "click it or ticket". They all sound great, but they aren't as effective as you would think- unless you are an insurance company or think that we're too stupid as a society and need the government to discipline us.
                              Another benefit of issuing more speeding tickets is insurance companies get to charge drivers more money at premium time. More tickets = higher premiums. Here in Michigan, insurance companies used to buy radar units for the police departments, and told them to write tickets. My insurance agent friend once told me, "How do you think these little cow-towns with 2-3 police cars manage to buy $20,000 laser radar units?" They don't. They are bought by the insurance companies.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• fuckin' insurance companies
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X