Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Ross Douthat and Tomas Freidman have authored two pieces that offer three scenarios each about how this shit-storm in Ukraine ends. None of them are pretty. You'll have to Google these on your own. My source is the NYTs and both articles are paywalled. They'll appear elsewhere where you can read them sometime in the next 48h.

I'll try to post the gist of each of them later today. I'm going to beat myself up on a cycle. Good for the wholly depressed sole.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I personally liked Romney's reference to Butch and the Sundance Kid. Thought it was appropriate.

The Chairman continues to insist that his massive spending bill is the only way to fight inflation and that his "environmental justice" program is the way to get energy prices down. I'm not sure how anyone other than the most daft asshat believes any of that shit.

He did tout "Made in America" stuff -- it would appear that The Chairman wants as many things as possible made in America...except cheap energy -- that he wants to import from the Russians and Saudis.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, and The Chairman also pledged to "secure the border." LMAO. I wonder when he'll end his media BAN at the border? I wonder when the sacrosanct press will be able to report on the border and provide images?

Democracy dies in darkness....unless it's a D President then it's cool be darked out.

Comment

• My guess is that The Chairman's bootlickers only real answer to any of this is, well, TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• long but interesting thread going into how hard the sanctions are going to hit the Russian airline industry. Three big points.

1) Nearly all Europe and North America has closed its airspace.

2) Russian airlines own almost none of their own planes. instead theyre held by Irish companies who will probably have to cease business activity.

3) The vast majority of the planes are Airbus or Boeing, both of whom are refusing to send parts and have banned servicing Russian planes in outside countries

Comment

• China officially sides with Russia.

Officials in China, perhaps Russia's most valuable ally, said on Wednesday that they will not follow other nations in leveling stiff economic sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• :::shocking:::
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Time to send the A-team to Ukraine...
                      Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Take it fwiw...but leaked audio message indicates a Russian tank unit from Siberia lost 132 out of 150 men in a Ukrainian attack.

EXCLUSIVE: Voice message reveals Russian military unit's catastrophic losses in Ukraine (kyivindependent.com)

Ukraine claims Russia's up to 5800+ dead now. If pretty accurate they're now well beyond our casualties for the entire Iraq War. Over a decade in Afghanistan the Soviets lost about 14,500 men.

Comment

• At some point in your life DSL you may make a lucid point.

Today is not that day.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is today the day you STFU? Feels like that day will never come.

Comment

• Charlie Sheen with an assault rifle? Yeah, I'd believe that.

Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey with assault rifles? Nah ...
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 1984 Fantasy: America lives in fear that Soviet paratroopers could suddenly drop out of the Rocky Mountain skies and take over Colorado

2022 Reality: Russia can't even successfully perform a paratrooper operation 50 miles from their border.

Comment

Working...
                                X