Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    So write down that Strangelove believes only the large urban areas should determine the nation's leadership. Not surprising.

I thought it was a very important liberal mantra that 'every vote should count'. Maybe I'm wrong.
    No nimrod I simply think your vote as a rural citizen shouldn't count more than someone who lives in city.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      The electoral college was specifically put in place to prevent urban areas from dominating politics so his argument about population means nothing. Our founding fathers were pretty damn foreseeing and smart. The system of checks and balances are brilliant as well. Two houses with one based on population and the other with 2 seats per state...brilliant...checks on all 3 branches...brilliant...but progs will have you believe these ideas are not applicable to today. They are. Probably more so now. DSL and his ilk are fucking tools...
      Not really true. The Electoral College and specifically the Senate were set up to prevent the big states from dominating the little ones. Virginia was by far the most populated state at the time. But it was both overwhelmingly rural AND the most populated. Richmond was the biggest and only the 22nd largest city in America, with barely 3700 people. America was 90% rural at the time of the Constitution, City versus country wasn't really a consideration because there almost WERE no cities. New York City had 33,000 people and Newport, Rhode Island was one of the 10 largest cities in the country with just 6400. That's barely bigger than hilljack Ogallala.

Comment

• The Electoral College and specifically the Senate were set up to prevent the big states from dominating the little ones.

Wasn't that part of my point?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The Electoral College and specifically the Senate were set up to prevent the big states from dominating the little ones.

Wasn't that part of my point?
          Big States vs. Little States isn't the same argument as Urban vs. Rural. Nearly everyone in 1790 Virginia lived on a farm. Urban areas were practically non-existent. Yet it was the most powerful state by far and the other ones feared it having too much control. Rhode Island was probably the most "urban" but had the second smallest population. And they were one of the states that wanted the protection of the Electoral College.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

No nimrod I simply think your vote as a rural citizen shouldn't count more than someone who lives in city.
            I don't think I've ever said that. I think my rural vote should count the same as a voter who lives in luxury on 5th Avenue in NYC. And I don't believe those of us in flyover America are deplorable because of our beliefs.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I've lived in two states where my vote in the Presidential Election was a waste of time, essentially it didn't count. When I voted Republican in Vermont and when I smartened up and voted Democrat in Alabama.

Time to get rid of the electoral college and let the fucking people make the choice, regardless of where they live.

Just like Wiz says. Every vote should count
              Last edited by CGVT; February 11, 2022, 07:30 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Stop quoting me ya plagiarizer...I realize Chairman Poopypants is your hero and all...but c'mon man...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So according to Chairman Poopypants truckers honking their horns and blocking roads until a ridiculous mandate is lifted is insurrection...Viking Man shouting in the halls of the Capitol...insurrection...but burning buildings...looting businesses...assaulting white people and cops...even killing...is not insurrection.

Biden may have found a new running mate...Trudeau...iffen only he was born in the US...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...and Governor Whitmer has now weighed on the convoy...I can sleep now...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Electoral College is the glue holding this all together. If it goes, so does the country.

We have a large, diverse country. The way that people in Brooklyn, NY choose to govern themselves shouldn’t have any influence over how folks in Iowa choose to live.

The states created the federal government. Not the other way around.

Comment

• The way the 50 rednecks that live in Wyoming choose to govern themselves shouldn't have any influence on how the folks in Brooklyn, NY choose to live.

You still have 2 Senators per state. Lose the EC and choose the President by popular vote and make every vote truly count.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Once again I say...secession is the answer then...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Once again I say...secession is the answer then...
                            You could easily be convinced to throw down your weapons and surrender to Prog Nation if they simply beamed a steady diet of The Ropers into your home. You twattish schmuck.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• The way the 50 rednecks that live in Wyoming choose to govern themselves shouldn't have any influence on how the folks in Brooklyn, NY choose to live.
                                This is correct and, of course, almost entirely the way it currently is. So, there's no problem. Just a solution for a nonexistent problem.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X