No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL, I hope, from the link at the top of this page, you can get to the entire NYT's Opinion Piece. It illuminates the basis of your strong negative reaction to the post I made calling for the US and NATO to present a unified front to dissuade Putin from moving forward with his grand strategy. You called it boomer neocon bull-shit or some such characterization. At face, it correctly identifies roadblocks to reform within the R party and probably represents your views. Yes, the Republican Party needs a remake. So does US FP and grand strategy. I don't support the idea that Republican Party conservatism be defined by neoconservatives and the hawkish FPs they advocate for.

My conservatism involves understanding that the rest of the world does affect how we exist and it is in our national interest to shape that. I'm no supporter of the Neocons. Bush/Cheney's forays into the ME and SWA to do that were monumental failures. That approach involved pushing for war or regime changes. In the end, it produced vast regions of the ME that are ungovernable and ripe for take-over by extremists. If these extremists do manage to govern in a 12th century sort of way, that will likely do nothing more than cause the collapse of economic activity aggravating an already restless governed.

Bush Cheney Neoconservationism also brought about long lasting strategic disadvantages for the US. One of it's major drawbacks involved the idea of giving countries like Libya, Iraq and others that rose up during the Arab Spring "back to the people." Those "people" had no ambition to run their "liberated" nations. As such, the ME now contains millions of impoverished refugees without food or work. That FP has precipited a dramatic shift away from America's ability to shape global outcomes in it's favor and towards China.

In the aftermath of the gulf wars and collapse of Libya the US and it's allies in these "liberations" should have made it easy for companies to expand there and start producing things which would have improved the standard of living and lifted the quality of life for the people living their. Same for Afghanistan. Instead, we left it to the "liberated" who didn't give a shit or had other priorities for the people they governed. China rushed in to do that building. That country has done the same thing with the Panama Canal, Africa, and multiple countries in South America by creating mega port cities for them. They aren't fighting wars and killing people off. China is spending money to create access and control of strategic resources for them, denying access to the West.

China is setting themselves up to dominate the world's shipping and markets while the US stands by watching and doing nothing. We had 20 years of war, trillions spent, and we got absolutely nothing from it. Strategic bases, strategic cities, and strategic ports would have been nice to have for that price. You might ask, what dopes this have to do with my perceived need for the US and NATO to resist Putin's Grand strategy by defending Ukraine? To deal effectively with China, the US needs to first demonstrate to the rest of the world's nations that the US is capable of defending democratic principals. Defending Ukraine against the expansion of Soviet Style governance in Eastern Europe is key to doing that.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The woman in this amazing rap video (NSFW) was just arrested with her husband today for laundering $4.5 BILLION in stolen bitcoin. She had such a fruitful career ahead of her as a rapper. I don't get why she turned to crime.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-rapper-forbes
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 8, 2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Been a while since I mentioned her but corrupt Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters got arrested this morning on a warrant related to her illegally recording a court hearing involving her deputy. The two of them are widely believed to have given someone connected to Mike Lindell access the county's voting machines during off hours.

There's video of her mildly resisting arrest, during which she attempts to donkey kick a cop, but I prefer this improved version

Comment

• Progress in nuclear fusion for clean safe power, going from theory to the possibility of reality.

Scientists working in the UK announced that they more than doubled the previous record for generating and sustaining nuclear fusion, the same process that allows the sun and stars to shine so brightly.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Sim City comes to life!!
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney...please refrain from comment.

Thank you sir.

(brought to you by a kinder, gentler Wiz)
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This made me LMAO. Not the part about using taxpayer dollars to create more crackheads in poor communities. That’s terrible. Read to the very end.

The Biden administration is set to fund the distribution of crack pipes to drug addicts as part of its plan to advance "racial equity."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  This made me LMAO. Not the part about using taxpayer dollars to create more crackheads in poor communities. That’s terrible. Read to the very end.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-adminis...racial-equity/
                  Life imitates The Babylon Bee

Comment

• https://babylonbee.com/news/hunter-b...ree-crack-pipe

WASHINGTON, D.C.—A few days after the Biden Administration announced its new "Free Government Crack Pipes for Equity" program, the president's son Hunter was seen sneaking around the premises in a false mustache and glasses to see where he could get one for himself.

Comment

• well we have open borders to supply it

now they get the pipe free

isnt it only a matter of time before we just come right out and give them the product for free too?

Comment

• I had to re-read that 3 times because I couldn't believe it was fucking real.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, there's plenty of research, most of it prompted by the approach the Netherlands took with some success in reducing illegal distribution of drugs and drug related deaths, out there supporting these kinds of PH interventions. There is also strong opposition to these programs from law enforcement, mental health and public health agencies. It's hard to know if they obtain worthwhile results or they don't. The reason for that is the agendas the two sides of the issue are pursuing and how the data is presented.

As a PH intervention, I'm strongly opposed to it. But the reasons involving all the drug related problems US cities are facing goes back to Reagan era policies that eliminated about 70% of the US Public Health infrastructure. It was immensely expensive but there was a place to house the seriously mentally ill who also just happen to be drug addicted and keep them there. Now caring for drug addicts that OD on this stuff falls to ERs and rehabbing them to prisons. The fix to that is dramatically improved PH services that include places to house and care for the crazies so they aren't standing on the curbs of every city in the US and begging for handouts to pay for their next fix waiting for police to shoo them away to the next street corner in someone else's jurisdiction.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Let's Go Heisenberg!!

Comment

• Application line item disapproved.

The Biden administration says a government grant program to help prevent additional harm to people who use illicit drugs will not pay for safer pipes to smoke crack or meth.
                              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• The Chairman changes his mind after getting called on it and of course Jon gobbles it down as gospel.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X