Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrity
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I mean I get that people are sick of hearing about it and it impacts almost no one's day-to-day life. CNN devotes way too much airtime to Jan. 6 coverage and cons will argue the Dems only care about it to score political points.

All of that can be true and it would still remain a very significant event, one that nearly sparked a constitutional crisis, and absolutely an investigation is appropriate.

Comment

• All it 'sparked' was a few morons taking selfies in bad halloween costumes, and democrats screaming for their mommies.

It was more humorous than dangerous. And if it was a 'coup attempt' it was the worst coup attempt in the history of the world.

Baghdad Bob could have run a better coup attempt.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, “nearly” is doing some heavy lifting for DSL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Yeah, “nearly” is doing some heavy lifting for DSL.
            I'm speaking less about the riot than the relentless pressure campaign on state officials and Pence to simply ignore the election results and declare Trump the winner.

If just a few people had folded under that pressure in any particular state, there would've been a crisis, yes. I would like as much as possible about the behind-the-scnes efforts to become public..

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              All it 'sparked' was a few morons taking selfies in bad halloween costumes, and democrats screaming for their mommies.

It was more humorous than dangerous. And if it was a 'coup attempt' it was the worst coup attempt in the history of the world.

Baghdad Bob could have run a better coup attempt.
              138 cops were injured, 15 were hospitalized. One cop (Sicknick) dropped dead from some kind of stroke the day afterwards. By the start of August 2021, four other cops that were there on Jan 6 had killed themselves. One Trump supporter was trampled to death. Two other Trump supporters had heart attacks or strokes in the excitement and couldn't get medical treatment before they died. No one will probably ever be able to say how many injuries the Trump people received. And of course Ashley Babbit.

Can we stop downplaying this? I get you think I only care because I'm interested in scoring political points but this wasn't the non-event you want it to be either. I've already said our govt was in no real danger of falling from the riot. Trump still sat on his ass doing nothing for hours. Instead he told the mob that Pence had betrayed them. That was the priority for him. Making sure they understood that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I'm speaking less about the riot than the relentless pressure campaign on state officials and Pence to simply ignore the election results and declare Trump the winner.

If just a few people had folded under that pressure in any particular state, there would've been a crisis, yes. I would like as much as possible about the behind-the-scnes efforts to become public..
                Again, “nearly” is covering vast swaths of ground for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Again, “nearly” is covering vast swaths of ground for you.
                  Again, if you want to insist that this was never a danger of happening, that's your prerogative. I thoroughly disagree. And the Republican Party is currently purging all the GOP officials, elected or appointed, that resisted Trump in 2020.

Comment

• Its too bad Mr. Strangelove doesn't have the same compassion for the riot victims of Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis that he has for the authorities in Washington DC on January 6th.

Business owners in the aforementioned cities lost buildings, inventory, basically their life's work, because of 'mostly peaceful protests' that Democrats used to pander for votes to gain political power.

Almost like a coup ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well all due respect Liney...Mr. Strangelove is a moron...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Again, if you want to insist that this was never a danger of happening, that's your prerogative. I thoroughly disagree. And the Republican Party is currently purging all the GOP officials, elected or appointed, that resisted Trump in 2020.
                        Again, my point was that you said there was "nearly [] a constitutional crisis" (or "came close") -- I strongly disagree unless "nearly" covers a ton of ground up to and including "so, you're saying there's a chance."

So, if you insist we were on the precipice -- which is what "nearly" would normally mean, I thoroughly disagree. We weren't remotely close to a constitutional crisis.

Now, I fully understand the political playbook on almost any issue for either party is worst case scenario FEAR. But, if you think the Rs or DJT can win an election with the help of state(s) ignoring the vote and certifying their own winner then I think you're QAnon fucking insane.

It's also worth noting that there are sort of two targets. The January 6th shit which is being properly dealt with through criminal proceedings and to which your original FOX-bashing pertained and then the "constitutional crisis" which is related by separate. There was obviously a ZERO chance that those jokers would stage a coup on January 6 -- the use of "coup" for those guys is actually utter hilarity. There was a non-zero, but infinitestimal, chance that enough States would ignore the voters and certify DJT.
                        Last edited by iam416; December 14, 2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• On a totally different note, here at work we got a resume sent to us where the applicant's "profession" since Jan 2020 has been a "Twitch Streamer". That's got to be a first for me, seeing that pop up on a resume.

Fucking millennials

Comment

• Twitch streamer > Media influencer

Comment

• Check this out, the Biden Bounce has begun!!!

(To those who might note that dead cats bounce too, a hearty shaddup)

Comment

138 cops were injured, 15 were hospitalized. One cop (Sicknick) dropped dead from some kind of stroke the day afterwards. By the start of August 2021, four other cops that were there on Jan 6 had killed themselves. One Trump supporter was trampled to death. Two other Trump supporters had heart attacks or strokes in the excitement and couldn't get medical treatment before they died. No one will probably ever be able to say how many injuries the Trump people received. And of course Ashley Babbit.

Can we stop downplaying this? I get you think I only care because I'm interested in scoring political points but this wasn't the non-event you want it to be either. I've already said our govt was in no real danger of falling from the riot. Trump still sat on his ass doing nothing for hours. Instead he told the mob that Pence had betrayed them. That was the priority for him. Making sure they understood that.
                                I don't know about those statistics, but I do know that the only person killed in the riot was Lorana Bobbitt. She was gunned down by a cop without warning. How did that happen

I agree with you that the more we know about Jan 6 the better. Release the tapes. Come clean about any provocateurs who worked for the government.

Comment

Working...
                                X