• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodbath coming.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I'm hearing a lot of folks complain that he has been too passive.
      I think he petered out a little at the end but he landed a lot of good blows. Bottom line is the video is the video. Add on top of that, it can be credibly argued that the DA was playing games with witnesses and evidence.

I don’t think it was any accident that Binger’s sidekick did the final rebuttal. I’d bet $5 Binger’s boss pulled the plug on his little act.

Comment

• On the Biden poll

When you go into the details it's obvious that the Infrastructure Bill and BBB aren't even consequential issues to most people. Infrastructure still has 63% approval. When you ask people if they'd like to spend $2 T on climate change and new entitlements, 58% approve.

But he's now underwater 39-55 on the economy AND 47-49 underwater on covid. Although there's specifically an inflation question and they're split almost 50/50 on how much is Biden's fault (A lot vs. very little)

Comment

• So the poll has lots of silver linings?
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            So the poll has lots of silver linings?
            Many

Comment

• Check out this one

Comment

• The Chairman has turned the corner!

Comment

• No legal training whatsoever ...... what is the potential for the judge to enter a directed verdict if the jury finds Rittenhouse guilty of any of the more serious charges. I know a mistrial declaration from the bench is a possibility. The judge has to be totally pissed at the DA's conduct in his courtroom. I don't think declaring a mistrial places enough emphasis on how deceitful, manipulative dishonest and ignorant of the law the prosecution team has been.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Can the judge declare a mistrial after the verdict has been rendered?

Comment

• "Fact checkers"

ae4ed613ecd57e21.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Can the judge declare a mistrial after the verdict has been rendered?
                        Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yes
                          If he does though, can the prosecution appeal? If he had granted the motion for a mistrial with prejudice earlier that would NOT have been appealable, correct?

Comment

• If the jury comes back with a guilty verdict and the judge rules a mistrial, the Floyd riots will look like a day at the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              If the jury comes back with a guilty verdict and the judge rules a mistrial, the Floyd riots will look like a day at the park.
                              He may have the grounds for a mistrial but I agree with you that the lay public won't see that as just, provocateurs will inflame them while the MSM does nothing to help the folks understand why there was a mistrial and to take your torches and pitchforks and go home.

I also found this: the ruling of a mistrial has been generally replaced by Judgements as a Matter of Law (JMOL). Man, I can already see the wheels turning in the judges mind about doing this. He's already severely admonished the prosecution for the shady shit they've pulled in his courtroom..... the intent of that shady shit is to obscure and misrepresent the law. I think the law on each of the charges Rittenhouse faces and what must be proven for a guilty verdict to be rendered by a jury is complicated.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• JMOL is based on the idea that no reasonable jury could find any other way. A mistrial is based on misconduct with the severity thereof determining whether it’s with prejudice (final) or without prejudice (can refile). They’re different rulings.

JMOLs and directed verdicts are essentially the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X