No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the Biden administration thinks printing more helicopter money and showering it on the unwashed masses will decrease inflation. They tell us the Afghanistan exit was an amazing success! Progs vilify and defund the police. Then when crime skyrockets, they blame Covid. Biden said he would end the pandemic and the numbers are worse now than when he took office. They say schools don't teach CRT but when people complain about schools teaching CRT, the administration calls them domestic terrorists. Progs literally CRIED over "kids in cages" but apprehensions at the border are at the highest level since 1986. They tell us that empty store shelves and a faltering supply chain are evidence of how great we have it! Everything this administration touches turns to shit. Not only are they completely incompetent, they are also lying pieces of shit.
    Post of the month, .. if not even post of the year. Well said, Mike. And I know for a fact, you are not a "Trump supporter".
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's too savvy and too well connected for that to happen though. He'll be fine- which is a lot more than we can say for too many people who trusted and believed everything that he told them. .
      Now if we can just do something about the medical care professionals and law enforcement people who were once considered "heroes", but are now losing their jobs and being considered "super spreaders" because they don't take the jab. Fauci's words have a part in this.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Latest Texas filing explicitly calls on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe & Casey and allow SB8 to stand.

Some people think this is the end for Roe but some other more nuanced takes are suggesting that it'll just result in a further narrowing. The Mississippi law (a ban after 15 weeks) could be upheld while the Texas law gets shot down. I really don't think, one way or another, the Supreme Court will allow SB8 to stand just because of the way the enforcement mechanism is structured. They might not allow an injunction but even the conservatives justices have to be a little uncomfortable with the end-around the law does on what's technically (for now) a constitutionally protected right.

Comment

• Sinema is absolutely not a DINO or a moderate

I don't agree with the take that the controversy over her objection to the $3.5 trillion spending bill is fake and orchestrated, but it's really sad to see so many Republicans fall hook line and sinker for the "moderate" narrative.

Comment

• Well, is moderate a relative or absolute term, Hannibal?
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't care what she is as long as she's useful in dialing back some of the crazy.

Comment

• dLX0beBAV5Tl-fSQ9XIXXbNeT80mlYosUsDi4VEsZySrmgDFX2xz8Wp4koKv3z-bIXFTo7wtsBNbYA=s640-nd.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I don't care what she is as long as she's useful in dialing back some of the crazy.
                  There is already talk of her switching parties after the midterms. It's crazy.

Comment

• Mother Jones today has an article on Manchin becoming an independent. None of this matters unless Sinema or Manchin begin to caucus with the Rs. If that happens, then there will be outrage by the "takers" that will make Trump's election pale by comparison. In real terms, it would stop a lot of the confirmation of activist judges to the Federal Judiciary.

Comment

• I haven't heard that but Mother Jones published an article that Manchin is debating leaving the Ds and becoming an Independent. I could see that. Would play well in a state Trump won by 40+ points and allow him to avoid a primary challenger if he went full R. I'd like to think there's at least one D Senator who is so disaffected with the huge lunge to the left that they would leave on principle. But I'm not stupid, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        Mother Jones today has an article on Manchin becoming an independent. None of this matters unless Sinema or Manchin begin to caucus with the Rs. If that happens, then there will be outrage by the "takers" that will make Trump's election pale by comparison. In real terms, it would stop a lot of the confirmation of activist judges to the Federal Judiciary.
                        It would be like Michigan beating Ohio State.... 5 years in a row. So it's not going to happen.

Comment

• Who wouldn't want to take dating advice from that guy? Lady. Killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Who wouldn't want to take dating advice from that guy? Lady. Killer.
                            Well when you're main competition is this....

f19.png

Comment

• Manchin was asked directly yesterday about the Mother Jones article and called it a bunch of bullshit. Then today he changed his story a bit and said he told the other Dems if he embarrassed them, he would switch to Independent but still caucus with them, like Bernie and Angus King do.

I don't know if he even plans to run again in 2024. He'll be 77 and his family is loaded with money.

I don't know if Sinema really cares either. But if she does, I think she's in way more danger of a primary threat, and could try saving herself by switching parties. But that's a stretch.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 21, 2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Right. Switching to I doesn't matter unless they caucus with the Rs like Geezer said. The probability of that is essentially zero for Sinema. Maybe Manchin would flip but it's a scenario I don't want get my hopes up over.

Comment

Working...
                                X