• Show
Clear All

• Spielman is good
    yup.

Comment

• He's no Keith Jackson.

Comment

• True dat.

Keith Jackson was probably the best, although if you shot him up with truth serum, he'd say he favored Notre Dame more than Michigan.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Why do you think every announcer is biased against Michigan? None of them ever are.

Comment

• I think Keith Jackson liked Michigan, and he probably liked Michigan more than others.

But when it came to Mich v ND, he leaned Irish.

Many have made the same mistake.

Comment

• I feel like Mike Tirico favors/ is knowledgeable of Michigan.
              His family or himself (?) lives in Ann Arbor last I heard.
              Tirico is also very knowledgeable of M compared to other announcers and has referenced a lot of past things... like the Alamo Bowl between Michigan and Nebraska. Tirico mentioned that in the last couple of years.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Whatever Jackson's leanings were privately, it sure didn't impact how he called the game. He was a professional, and a master of his craft in a way so few are now, if any at all. He called a hell of a game and did so fairly. And nobody set the scene better to open the broadcast, with that talk of the leaves falling and buzz on campus and whatnot. Nobody should have anything negative to say about Keith Jackson.

Comment

• "He's no Keith Jackson."

Jackson called the game Spielman is a "color commentator" Apples and oranges

Comment

• Nobody should have anything negative to say about Keith Jackson.
                    He was from Washington state, and was an avid Husky fan.

sorry, Hack .. but you called me out ... :-P

Comment

• I thought he was a Cougar. Hold on.

Comment

• Yes. WSU grad. Communications degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I think Keith Jackson liked Michigan, and he probably liked Michigan more than others.

But when it came to Mich v ND, he leaned Irish.

Many have made the same mistake.
                          Keith Jackson may have been related to Marty.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lou?

Comment

• Economic news this morning is that the economy added just 38,000 jobs in May. The unemployment rate fell to 4.7% from 5% because 456,000 people stopped looking for work.

Comment

• Just imagine how great things will be when Hillary takes the oath!

Comment

Working...
                                X