No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landfall for Ida is almost 100% sure to be in Louisiana now but a lot of uncertainty about how strong it'll be. Seems like at minimum it'll be a strong Cat 2 or a weak Cat 3. The current track is very bad for New Orleans with them being in the middle of the heaviest rainfall AND the worst of the storm surge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      I've been opposed to the Desantis mask ban. It smacks of the exact kind of government over-reach he is opposed to. Can't have it both ways.
      Yep, if a schoolboard wants it, then why not? If the residents don't like it, well, they have elections too.

The inverse is also true, I would hope that those celebrating this as a "defeat of an over reaching tyrannical governmental mandate" would have the same thoughts and feelings towards vaccine mandates. I won't hold my breath tho.

Does it strike anyone that the America the left claimed they were living in under Trump is exactly the same America they are cheering into reality?

Comment

• The Art of Failure

AWBEBYKB.jpg

Comment

• This is awesome.

But a little sad that retired vets are doing what our active military should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            This is awesome.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ing-operation/

But a little sad that retired vets are doing what our active military should.
            Let me understand this. We have a volunteer group of retired military who’ve we’ve issued weapons and transport vehicles to help get people to the airport because we don’t have enough active boots to do the job? Am I missing something?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don’t think we supplied them anything. They set up the op on their own and coordinated with the military at the airport. I have ZERO doubt that the troops on site are disgusted with how they’re not being used. They worked in concert with the vets group to get them inside the gate.

In summation: what transpired was Americans who are NOT active military went behind enemy lines and successfully completed a covert op to get out 500 people who would otherwise be executed because the ACTIVE military has not been given such orders. This is another disgraceful example of the state of our nation’s leadership.
              Last edited by Mike; August 27, 2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Even worse
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've just had to let a couple of things go:

The stupidity of the "do something" mentality that has taken over re SARS2. IOW, it doesn't matter if there are obtainable and measurable PH benefits to be gained by implementing a particular mitigation measure. Nope, just "do something." Anything...... and, oh, make sure that no one is doing the same thing or trying to identify and pursue a coherent approach to dealing with COVID.

I don't think, in my lifetime, I have ever been so angry, so ashamed of an American military undertaking that we are witnessing in Afghanistan.

I'm done fuming over either of these two things.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If you have family or friends in SE Louisiana you should tell them to leave.

Comment

• Sirhan Sirhan, the man who assassinated US Senator and former AG Robert Kennedy, is recommended for parole.

To think that you can assassinate a US Senator for political reasons and serve some time and be released is kinda amazing.

Crazy times we live in.

Sirhan, the man convicted of assassinating Robert F. Kennedy more than 50 years ago, has been recommended for release by a California parole board.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Sirhan Sirhan, the man who assassinated US Senator and former AG Robert Kennedy, is recommended for parole.

To think that you can assassinate a US Senator for political reasons and serve some time and be released is kinda amazing.

Crazy times we live in.

Sirhan, the man convicted of assassinating Robert F. Kennedy more than 50 years ago, has been recommended for release by a California parole board.

Saw that. 2 of RFK's own kids supported his release...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Saw that. 2 of RFK's own kids supported his release...
                          I heard. Personally, I think the only way that he should be freed is if RFK climbs outta his grave and says he is fine with it.

I was young, but seeing RFK sprawled out and dying, with his eyes open and trying to speak but unable to, affected me.

Palestinian, Sirhan Sirhan, had written a manifesto that spelled out his desire to do what he did.
                          Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 27, 2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah, well… we gotta fight that white supremacy.

Comment

• So, he’s 77 and plans to spend his golden years living with his brother in L.A.

Groovy. Looks like he will a productive addition to US society.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X