No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teachers In Washington State Must Get Fully Vaccinated — Or They Could Be Fired
    The mandate, effective Oct. 18, applies to all K-12 teachers and staff in the state. The news comes as states around the country grapple with rising cases and the return of in-person schooling.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This guy in the bomb standoff in DC isn't being named in the press yet but online a bunch of people are identifying him as Ray Roseberry of North Carolina. He was apparently livestreaming on Facebook earlier this morning. If you just search for him there, you'll find him. I didn't see the video so I don't know what he wants other than he supposedly told cops he has "associates". Who knows. May be just a lunatic.

Comment

• He's a lunatic. However, if he's a right-wing lunatic then we will get all his associates and warned of the impending threat to democracy. Perhaps even a Taliban comparison or two thrown in.

If he's a left-wing lunatic THEN he'll "just be a lunatic."
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If he’s a left wing lunatic, Talent, you’ll never hear of him. It just doesn’t get much media play.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Teachers In Washington State Must Get Fully Vaccinated — Or They Could Be Fired
            https://www.npr.org/sections/back-to...could-be-fired
            A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C818CHwjxMnL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX466_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTymx0aiK9OeY4xttHz2a3BQcGynRdw67guXA&usqp=CAU.jpg

2158016021888362915.jpg

My-Body-My-Choice-T-Shirt-Tegridy-Farms-My-Body-My-Choice-Femenism-Female-Uterus-Stan.jpg
            Last edited by Hannibal; August 19, 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              If he’s a left wing lunatic, Talent, you’ll never hear of him. It just doesn’t get much media play.
              Well, I hope he's just a random friendless lunatic and the bomb is just a hoax because the cops are treating it very seriously. They're starting to evacuate homes like three blocks away from where he's parked in front of the LOC fountain.

Comment

• Geraghty with yet another good reality check: "blue" states are having ICU issues, too. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

This actually should surprise almost no one. There are gads and gads of unvaccinated folks in EVERY state. It's just a matter of time before Delta finds them. The difference between, say, 62% and 42% vaccination rate sounds impressive -- and, surely, it is. But in a modest-sized state you're still dealing with a million unvaccinate folks.

Comment

• I should probably watch Chairman Big Rig stumble through an obviously friendly interview with Stephanopoulos. Geraghty, heh, points out the preposterous contrictions -- that are so bad that he wonders that if Chairman Big Rig is all there. https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...the-president/

Comment

• He isn't. It's rather fascinating that we treated the Trump years like he was a toddler playing with plutonium and then a scant 6 months into Biden's presidency we have an actual catastrophe almost entirely of the president's making. Yes, the Afghan army and government crumbled like a Don Brown defense against OSU but there is an order to evacuations. It goes: 1. your citizens/special visa folks, 2. equipment, 3. military LAST. LAST, Joe! WTF were they thinking? Oh, Joe has decades of FP experience... JFC. They better get their shit together and get it together real fucking quick.

This got me fired up. I watched this live yesterday and if felt like a funeral. How the fuck have we gotten to a place where the head of our armed forces is resigned to the fact that "we don't have the capability" to get American citizens out of imminent danger? Isn't that, like, your job??

"It doesn’t matter how hard the job is, or how strained the military’s capacity is right now. It doesn’t even matter if you expect from experience that the mission will fall short of its goals. You do not say out loud that we cannot guarantee the safe evacuation of Americans from the clutches of the Taliban. You do not even allow yourself to think it so long as you have tools at your disposal to prevent it. The lives of over 10,000 Americans and the credibility of the nation’s promise to protect them are at stake. The only acceptable answers in this situation are twofold, and they should be declared long and loud so that the entire world can hear them:

One, we will move heaven and earth to get every last American home safely."

Two, if even a hair on their heads should be harmed, we will paint the streets with Taliban blood on our way out the door in retribution.

Someone had a good comment on the article: "I guess we give out participation trophies for evacuations now, too". Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I should probably watch Chairman Big Rig stumble through an obviously friendly interview with Stephanopoulos. Geraghty, heh, points out the preposterous contrictions -- that are so bad that he wonders that if Chairman Big Rig is all there. https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...the-president/
                      IT WAS 4 DAYS, 5 DAYS AGO!!!

Comment

• When are we going to send in the tranny brigade to fuck up the Taliban?

image-asset.jpeg?format=1000w.jpg

Comment

• Come on down, President Harris. What a spectacular face-plant this has been. But, hey! They're getting another $4 trillion to blow on stuff!

Comment

• I was inspired to join the military because of my two mommies. But unfortunately, they are stuck in Kabul where they are going to be stoned to death by the Taliban.

Comment

• What needs to be done, is our senior military officer in charge of the Afghanistan operations needs to announce the following:

"The US is going to immediately send aircraft and troops to evacuate all US citizens from Afghanistan". "Anyone that attempts to stop us, will be shot"

Then do it.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• We don't want to display toxic masculinity in front of the world. We're better than that.

I wonder... when people criticize the Taliban for shooting girls and women for learning to read or going outside without a burka, will those folks be scolded for their Islamophobia?

In the SJW's mind which is more violent? Using incorrect pronouns incorrectly or sawing someone's head off because they didn't live up to a certain religious standard? Or being silent on "systemic racism"? It's a toss-up folks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X