Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frampton is borderline Sayer.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You'd think that after 20+ years of posting together, various reach-arounds from all angles and persistent consumption of subpar wings, that Alabam"Alum" and "THE"_WiZARD would have figured out how to post in a way that doesn't make readers wish for the immediate extinction of all mankind. Yet, here we are.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This AP article characterizes China's Zero Tolerance Strategy that prompts severe lock-downs when cases rise as unsustainable. That is because of all the reasons we've talked about here since the latest increase in new COVID cases started about a month ago, even before that in some cases.

I still hold, perhaps more strongly, that chasing, recording and reporting new case numbers is a waste of time. It is actually counter productive IMO. COVID remains a serious virus but it's destructiveness has become out sized in the public's mind compared to it's actual threat. Of course the press feeds that. Unfortunately, it's hard to unwind the course the world has taken in dealing with it. Certainly there are trends becoming apparent in the policies of PH officials that managing the pandemic is gaining favor. The article below which demonstrates an unusual amount of criticism of China's Zero Tolerance strategy is encouraging but the needle in the US just isn't moving yet. There are a few notable exceptions and FL is one of them but I don't know if the government there can survive .... DO SOMETHING.

The problem as it always has been, now through two administrations, is lack of leadership in defining a path out of the constant fear mongering that produces the wrong kind of approaches. DO SOMETHING is a meme I brought up a few weeks ago as the biggest threat to reopening. Yet, here we are. It's discouraging.

The delta variant is challenging China’s costly strategy of isolating cities, prompting warnings that Chinese leaders who were confident they could keep out the coronavirus need a less disruptive approach.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How Cuomo’s office sought help from prominent liberal advocates as it pushed to discredit an accuser

Man, that's odd. It seems like Time's Up, etc. wouldn't be partisan hacks since they advocate for ALL women regardless of who harrassed/abused them and the respective political affiliations of the accuser and accused. LOL... KIDDING.

Comment

• Yeah, Mike, there is some major hypocrisy there. I have some staunchly Democrat-partisan friends who used to call Monica Lewinski “That whore in the blue dress” but had Clinton had R behind his name the refrain would have been wildly different.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Lewinsky was treated pretty rotten and let down by just about everybody back then. Clinton, Tripp, the press, etc.

Comment

• Much to the chagrin of the America-hating, cheese-eating, surrender monkeys, the US Women's soccer team is taking home the Bronze!!! And the men's basketball team will play for the Gold!!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! My country, tis of thee...oh beautiful for spacious skies....LET THE EAGLE SOAR!!!

Election 2020 Hello GIF by Joe Biden

Comment

• #notmyTeamUSA

Comment

• I don’t agree with much of what the USWNT says, but I defend their right to say it. I am not much on punishing people or rooting against a US team because they say something I disagree with.

Take Talent for example. He needs to carry around a potted plant with him to replace the oxygen he wastes, but I will defend his off-target and idiotic verbal spew to my dying day.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Excellent point regarding Mr. Talent.

However, even though I also support the right of any American to believe what they choose, I reserve the right to believe they're full of it, and not watch them on television. I am positive that they have not missed my viewership or support.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        I don’t agree with much of what the USWNT says, but I defend their right to say it. I am not much on punishing people or rooting against a US team because they say something I disagree with.

Take Talent for example. He needs to carry around a potted plant with him to replace the oxygen he wastes, but I will defend his off-target and idiotic verbal spew to my dying day.
                        I would rather they lose every game than send athletes that hate this country to represent us.

Comment

• Kapture,

What they feel or what opinions they have is irrelevant to me. For example, I don’t care if some of the members of Seal Team 6 hate parts of America or have some whackado opinions. I still support them killing Osama bin Laden.

So, my mileage varies with yours with regard to the USWNT and that’s okay. Divergent voices are generally good - even if you disagree with them. That’s one of the reasons I dislike what the left has done wrt campus speech at a lot of universities.

Comment

Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The former host of the canceled television program The Apprentice (bad ratings!) has put out a statement saying that the US women are woke losers and should just do their jobs instead of getting involved in politics. He adds: "The woman with purple hair played terribly" (Rapinoe scored two goals today). I'm not sure why a washed-up celebrity game show host is opining on politics -- an opinion of Tic Tac Dough is more in your lane, sir -- but I respect the right of all to speak their minds, however enfeebled it may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                I'm not sure why a washed-up celebrity game show host is opining on politics .

probably because he was the President of the United States?

Comment

Working...
                                X