No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is as hard to track down as a cogent Biden speech...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I’ve said this before, I’ll say it again: the Longhorn’s Outlaw ribeye is a better steak than the ribeye at Ruth’s Chris. And Ruth’s Chris is twice as expensive.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I've told you once I've told you a billion times...don't exaggerate.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You buy your frozen wings from Aldi, don’t you?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think Talent made a good point. I really do need to kill you.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 'Cause you can't starve us out and you can't make us run
                'Cause we're them good old boys raised on shotguns
                We say grace, and we say ma'am
                If you ain't into that, we don't give a damn

Comment

• Strangelove loves to focuse on trivial elections, so why not? -- Texas had several MAYOR elections over the weekend and the NRO thinks things went remarkably well for the Rs when it comes to the hispanic vote...or, is brown people? or is it people of color? or?.....whatever.... https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...for-the-party/

I'm actually sure this a D side to this story and I'm somewhat certain DSL will present it.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One of the things in the article does, of course, is to speculate as to reasons why Rs are winning in majority "latino" areas in Texas. One thing they mention is the tension between centrist Ds and Progressive Ds. With the Ds now governing and actually having to take responsibility for shit and having to placate multiple constitutiences, perhaps the the gulf between supposed "blue dogs" or even just "Purple Dogs" and the Coastal Ds has been brought into stark relief. Or perhaps the Border "NOT A CRISIS" is a real issue with Texas "latinos."

In any event, it's an interesting political dynamic. The Rs managed to do, IMO, suprisingly well in 2020 by more or less running against the far left. The Ds, of course, did well running against DJT and especially so when DJT went full bore and arguably cost the Rs two Georgia seats. Going forward, the far left is only going to be more prominent in the D party and DJT is never going to be as prominent though both the Ds and DJT will do their damndest to keep him in the forefront.

Comment

• I can't read much of the story because I'm not a NR subscriber. I did hear about Fort Worth though which is disappointing since Tarrant County has been drifting Dem for a few years.

Fort Worth remains the largest city in the country with a Republican mayor.

Comment

• The "big" election they pointed to was McAllen -- a Rio Grande Valley Border city of 150,000 (allegedly).

*EDIT - I looked at the vote totals and, heh, there was like 10,000 total votes. So, small sample size re turnout.
                        Last edited by iam416; June 7, 2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          One of the things in the article does, of course, is to speculate as to reasons why Rs are winning in majority "latino" areas in Texas. One thing they mention is the tension between centrist Ds and Progressive Ds. With the Ds now governing and actually having to take responsibility for shit and having to placate multiple constitutiences, perhaps the the gulf between supposed "blue dogs" or even just "Purple Dogs" and the Coastal Ds has been brought into stark relief. Or perhaps the Border "NOT A CRISIS" is a real issue with Texas "latinos."

In any event, it's an interesting political dynamic. The Rs managed to do, IMO, suprisingly well in 2020 by more or less running against the far left. The Ds, of course, did well running against DJT and especially so when DJT went full bore and arguably cost the Rs two Georgia seats. Going forward, the far left is only going to be more prominent in the D party and DJT is never going to be as prominent though both the Ds and DJT will do their damndest to keep him in the forefront.
                          I'm not going to at all deny that Trump is a terrific tool for the Dems and it's in their interest to keep telling voters he runs the Republican Party. But if the Republican Party genuinely and truly wants to move on from him, maybe they shouldn't invite him to headline their state conventions.

On the other hand I do think a lot of Republicans are privately relieved that his once mighty Twitter account is gone...even while they denounce social media publicly for having banned him
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 7, 2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• DJT still draws a lot of water for the Rs, so they can't jettison him. What would be quite useful for the Rs is if DJT gently tabbed his successor and modestly receded, allowing that dude to lead. He could do that with DeSantis, I reckon. But, heh, I don't think grace and DJT have ever mingled. It'd be more rationale of me to plan my retirement based on winning the lottery than for the Rs to plan on DJT selflessly helping them or anyone.

That said, I think my conclusion is correct. "The Left" is only getting more prominent. DJT's prominence is receding -- not as much or as quickly as some people would like, but still receding.

Maybe your boy will pick some issue and make an example of "The Left" -- but, man, I doubt it. Dude has to big tent it and shockingly enough, "Purple dogs" and "Coastal dogs" have some rather significant areas of disagreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The "big" election they pointed to was McAllen -- a Rio Grande Valley Border city of 150,000 (allegedly).

*EDIT - I looked at the vote totals and, heh, there was like 10,000 total votes. So, small sample size re turnout.
                              That's pitiful turnout, heh. Still, a win's a win. Seems in line with the significant improvement Republicans made in the Rio Grande Valley last year.

Comment

• It's also a border town and my guess is the border "issues" don't play well in border towns. Look, man, I've seen Gangs of New York. From that it's axiomatic that earlier immigrants of a certain group with lawful status detest later-arriving immigrants of that same group who don't play by the same rules. In fact, the earlier arrivals will, in fact, fight the later arrivals to the death on the streets.

Comment

Working...
                                X