No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was surprised to see Ohio losing a seat with as robust as the economy has been.

Comment

• None of that matters when the Dems are going to be making elections irrelevant anyway...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It's kinda debateable whether seats will even shift, since a lot of the population moves are people moving from blue states to red states (e.g. CA to TX).
        I believe Republicans were hoping to gain 5 seats between Texas and Florida because there's virtually no anti-gerrymandering rules in those states. Instead they only got 3.

Ohio's population went up by about 250k since 2010. That's actually better than estimates were projecting but it wasn't enough to save that one seat. I expect Republicans to go after Tim Ryan's seat but there are a lot more rules than existed in 2010. I've seen some analysis that thinks the best case scenario for Ohio Republicans is a map with 9-10 safe R seats, 4 safe D seats, and 1-2 toss-ups.

Comment

• Michigan actually gained in population, but still lost a seat.

Too bad they can't eliminate Rasheedah's seat.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Texas is on the verge of flipping blue, so in the end shifting 2 EVs from NY and CA to TX makes no difference.

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Apple is building a $1B campus in North Carolina

Gooooood, gooooood….export the woke liberal progs to other states and turn them blue. Mwahahahaha

happy star wars GIF

Apple says it plans to commit $430 billion in the US over the next five years, including a $1B campus in North Carolina expected to create 3,000 jobs.

Comment

• Supposedly if just 89 more people had been counted in New York, they wouldn't have lost any seats and Minnesota would have lost one instead.

Given that it was that close, that basically all census door-knocking in New York City stopped weeks early because of covid, and all the previous Wilbur Ross/Trump shenanigans, I'm not going to be shocked if there's a lawsuit filed.

And while NY losing a seat seems bad for Dems at first, it's an almost certainty that an R seat will be eliminated.

Likewise, a second Montana seat isn't a sure win for Republicans...If the western half of the state is cut off from the shithole, Nebraska-like, eastern part of the state, that will be a competitive race for Dems.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 26, 2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Seems like the Ayatollah's Cock Holster stuff is for realzy. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ira...d-zarif-israel

John Kerry telling the Iranians about covert missions? My god. If PDJT had done something even remotely like this with, oh, I dunno, Russia...I wonder what board posters would have had to say....
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think everyone on this board is in agreement that the recent Columbus police shooting was proper or, at a minimum, not improper or criminal. As is often the case, the refrain was -- "well, if she had been white..."

Here's footage from a very similar shooting involving white folks. It's a little more at a distance, but the dude was told to drop the knife, did not, and lunged sort of at the would-be victim. The cops did not use a stun gun or shoot him in the leg.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In my COVID round-up today, there's no news on new cases surging in the US because, no surprise, they aren't (down 11% week on week) despite predictions of a 4th wave a few weeks ago. What is in the news is a CDC announcement that is big news but the CDC, again, figures out a way to fuck-up the messaging and turn the good news into bad. The CDC has been doing a study on breakthrough infections after vaccination. They are rare, vaccines are effective against all variants in the US.

Starting now, the CDC will only report break through infections that result in hospitalizations or death. There's a good reason for that. If you look at the study numbers that considered all breakthrough infections reported by states, that it happens at all, as I said but again for emphasis, IS RARE! When it does happen, the numbers are miniscule:

The CDC goes on to recommend this:
                        • Vaccine breakthrough cases occur in only a small percentage of vaccinated persons. To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in the case demographics or vaccine characteristics among people with reported vaccine breakthrough infections.
                        • COVID-19 vaccines are effective. CDC recommends that all eligible people get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as one is available to them.
                        This is good news. 93% of breakthrough infections did not result in hospitalizations. Only 1% resulted in death and of that 1% (88) 11 of those deaths (33%) were caused by other factors even though that patient had COVID. IOW, less than 1% of breakthrough infections resulted in death attributed to COVID.

The good news about breakthrough infections should be followed by specific steps that Americans can take to resume normal activity if they are vaccinated don't ya think? But .....noooooooo. Then the CDC goes on to recommend this non-sensical low risk, out of an abundance of caution advice:
                        • CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue tp take steps to protect themselves and others in many situations, like wearing a mask, maintaining an appropriate social distance from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing their hands often.
                        One other unsubstantiated boogey man the CDC reports today (and shouldn't because there's no data to support the allegation) is that the numbers reported are probably undercounts. Really? Shut the door. No proof of that at all!

IOW, you still need to be scared of COVID.

I want to scream ....... "masks in many situations"? Does the CDC mean outdoors, indoors, gyms, bars, baseball stadiums, cruise ships? Where? Wash your hands? Generally a good idea but in the case of SARS2, which is what we're talking about here, your hands are not fomites that facilitate transmission of this bug. Wearing masks outdoors is completely unnecessary and the science supports that approach. Period. Full-stop.

OK, look, it's America right? We can look at the data and make good choices, do our own risk analysis and determine what we are comfortable with, right? That would work except we have the CDC making policy, shutting down the cruise industry while state governments, some of them, continue to mandate all sorts of behaviors for residents and businesses. Over-reach. Big time!

https://www.cdc.v/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Michigan actually gained in population, but still lost a seat.

Too bad they can't eliminate Rasheedah's seat.
                          Or at the very least, her from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I think everyone on this board is in agreement that the recent Columbus police shooting was proper or, at a minimum, not improper or criminal. As is often the case, the refrain was -- "well, if she had been white..."

Here's footage from a very similar shooting involving white folks. It's a little more at a distance, but the dude was told to drop the knife, did not, and lunged sort of at the would-be victim. The cops did not use a stun gun or shoot him in the leg.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-white-people/
                            Honkeys Lives Don't Matter
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Or at the very least, her from it.
                              Not going to happen. Say what you will about her politics but Talib set up offices all around her district and is (by all accounts) very responsive to their concerns (which include every day things that Reps can help out with). And she is fighting for their concerns that don't get national news. Barring a major scandal, she is going to be the district rep there as long as she wants.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah, it’s a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X