Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If you know of a crime being committed, you may make a citizen's arrest. It's hilarious watching you make this out to be some sort of Judge Dredd vigilante fantasy, and not a fundamental part of our society dating back to at least the Middle Ages.

In any case, the man who shot Arbury was clearly defending himself because Arbury rushed him and tried to grab his weapon. I'm pretty sure that you knew that, but intellectual honesty and critical thinking aren't your strong points.
    Jesus.

This post is absolutely hilarious.

Hanni's world:

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• BTW isn't it fascinating that the racist rednecks in Georgia just happened upon a guy who was known for repeatedly robbing people and using "jogging" as his cover story? It was also a guy who happened to be trespassing in the neighborhood on video, multiple times, including at night, despite not living anywhere near the neighborhood. It's almost as if they didn't randomly select a black guy to shoot.
      Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If you know of a crime being committed, you may make a citizen's arrest. It's hilarious watching you make this out to be some sort of Judge Dredd vigilante fantasy, and not a fundamental part of our society dating back to at least the Middle Ages.

In any case, the man who shot Arbury was clearly defending himself because Arbury rushed him and tried to grab his weapon. I'm pretty sure that you knew that, but intellectual honesty and critical thinking aren't your strong points.
        Arbery was clearly defending himself against two redneck assholes who had trained guns on him and were threatening him harm.

Comment

• JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'll just reiterate this point:

CGVT and Dr. Strangelove, like every other progressive liberal -- especially white progressive liberals -- vastly overestimate the number of AAs killed by police and the number of unarmed AAs killed by the police. Like, e.g., Chris Cuomo saying yesterday -- "Things will only change when white people are killed by the police."

You can't have an honest policy discussion if you can't be honest about the facts. I will keep banging the drum -- to get the right solution you need to know what the problem is.

Now, perhaps you know all the facts and numbers and your statement is just one of subjective feelings. And perhaps you know the subjective feelings in that statement are not supported by the facts. At all. If so, I apologize.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              WELL?? How DID he fight it?
              I absolutely do need to find out.

Like maybe Benjamin Franklin warned King George III: Be Woke, Go Broke

Comment

• I would also think that any sensible, serious person would be appalled at not only comparing Jim Crow to requiring an ID to vote, but calling the latter Jim Crow on Steroids. That's our President saying that. It's a fucking insult to the people who actually lived through Jim Crow. It's disgraceful race-baiting.

But, that's where this little game of Calvinball being played by The Left and The Media is at. It's an unrelenting effort to paint the US as an irredeemably racist country. And for white progressive liberals, that's exactly what they want. It's why Strangelove and CGVT are so woefully ignorant on the actually facts re police killings or Jim Crow.

Comment

• Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    I'll just reiterate this point:

CGVT and Dr. Strangelove, like every other progressive liberal -- especially white progressive liberals -- vastly overestimate the number of AAs killed by police and the number of unarmed AAs killed by the police. Like, e.g., Chris Cuomo saying yesterday -- "Things will only change when white people are killed by the police."

You can't have an honest policy discussion if you can't be honest about the facts. I will keep banging the drum -- to get the right solution you need to know what the problem is.

Now, perhaps you know all the facts and numbers and your statement is just one of subjective feelings. And perhaps you know the subjective feelings in that statement are not supported by the facts. At all. If so, I apologize.
                    We were having a pretty honest policy discussion yesterday I thought.

You used to think those guys who killed Arberry weren't completely in the right as Hanni does. You've changed your mind?

Comment

• And, again, you can't solve the problem if you don't have the first fucking clue what the magnitude of the problem is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Arbery was clearly defending himself against two redneck assholes who had trained guns on him and were threatening him harm.
                        Not really "Stand your ground" doesn't give you the right to react violently when you are caught committing a crime. And lethal force or the threat thereof is pretty much always involved with detaining a suspect. I'm sure that you know this, but you are still portraying the act of a citizen's arrest as a feature of a hyperviolent Judge Dredd dystopian fantasy world, and not a normal part of our society dating back hundreds of years. As I said previously intellectual honesty has never been one of your strong suits.

Once again, isn't it fascinating that these "redneck assholes" just happened to point their guns at a guy who was a career petty thief that used "jogging" as a cover story, was the star of multiple police bodycam videos, and was seen trespassing on a neighborhood surveillance video multiple times, including at night, even though he didn't live there? Video that was installed in response to a series of neighborhood robberies? And these rednecks were so dumb that they purposely called the police on themselves before they went out to chase Arbury.

Incredible coincidence, isn't it? A reasonable person might conclude that these three guys intended to make a perfectly lawful citizens arrest of a man that they knew was a criminal (and that we all know now was a criminal) and then hold him until the cops got there. But not everybody is reasonable. Especially people like DSL and CGVT.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

We were having a pretty honest policy discussion yesterday I thought.

You used to think those guys who killed Arberry weren't completely in the right as Hanni does. You've changed your mind?
                          I haven't changed my mind. What I'm responding to is the assertion that white people getting pulled over just means a ticket and black people getting pulled voer means they might die. That's unmitigated race-baiting bullshit.

I don't give a flying fuck about some one-off Georgia nonsense. That's not policy. That's anecdotal. Like, btw, George Floyd's tragic death. Policy is the overall picture, which, as I noted, your people have a wildly distorted view of. And hey, here's an olive brach -- I'm sure people on the right, if polled, would have a wildly distorted view of illegal immigrant crime. But I can acknowledge that. I can acknowledge the narratives of fear create fear without regard to facts. It's crystal fucking clear why your people so grossly overestimate police shootings (and Covid dangers). But, man, that might mean you'd have to start listening to my "The Media" screed and you can't bring yourself to do that.

A little introspection would go a long way, Strangelove.

Comment

Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I haven't changed my mind. What I'm responding to is the assertion that white people getting pulled over just means a ticket and black people getting pulled voer means they might die. That's unmitigated race-baiting bullshit.

I don't give a flying fuck about some one-off Georgia nonsense. That's not policy. That's anecdotal. .
                              It's not anecdotal. it's absolutely policy. Your right to assist in policing your own neighborhood from obvious criminals is at stake. That includes petty criminals, and not just murderers and rapists. To do this, you have to retain the right to use lethal force i.e. pointing a gun at somebody who has committed a property crime. If you face murder charges for applying that lethal force in self defense, then all of your associated rights go out the window. At stake is also due process and the power to resist mob rule. There was going to be no prosecution until the mob demanded one. It's a lynching that's going on.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• CGVT...
                                Attached Files
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X