No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the lily white world of denial chimes in.

Hannibal's world: he was a thug he had it coming
    Last edited by CGVT; April 21, 2021, 08:37 AM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I've posted about Daniel Shaver before in discussions about cops taking a "take no chances -- shoot first ask questions later" approach.

I suspect a lot of cops are trained to use the "shock and awe" approach to arresting people. But I wonder if there's a couple problems with that method. One, the hardcore criminals that really will kill a cop to avoid arrest, are unlikely to be scared by it. Two, people like Shaver (or Floyd) that are drunk or high are probably at high risk to panic when someone pops out of nowhere, screaming obscenities and threatening to shoot them if they move.

Comment

• In some ways, the Ilhan Omars, Al Sharptons, and Rashida Talibs are going to get what they want. Policing of predominantly minority areas is going to be scaled back, and so will the effectiveness of law enforcement. It already happened last year and murder rates skyrocketed to decades-high levels. It will grow worse in the coming years. NYC, Chicago, and Detroit will be back to where they were in the 1970s soon.
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          I've posted about Daniel Shaver before in discussions about cops taking a "take no chances -- shoot first ask questions later" approach.

I suspect a lot of cops are trained to use the "shock and awe" approach to arresting people. But I wonder if there's a couple problems with that method. One, the hardcore criminals that really will kill a cop to avoid arrest, are unlikely to be scared by it. Two, people like Shaver (or Floyd) that are drunk or high are probably at high risk to panic when someone pops out of nowhere, screaming obscenities and threatening to shoot them if they move.
          In the case of Floyd, the cops didn't pop out of nowhere shooting obscenities. De-escalation (or lack thereof) was not even remotely a factor. This is obvious from the bodycam video that less than 1% of the country has seen. In fact, they were remarkably courteous considering how Floyd was acting. There are dozens of bodycam videos out there of black men resisting lawful arrests in which the cops are acting professionally and courteously. In many of them, the arrest appears routine until the perpetrator suddenly explodes into a fit of violence out of nowhere because he doesn't feel like going back to jail.

Here's a perfect example of why cops don't give you the benefit of the doubt once you have resisted a lawful arrest. And you especially don't let a guy like this reach into his car (e.g. Jacob Blake) In this case, the cops go way beyond the call of duty when it comes to trying to subdue the suspect without harming him. They nearly pay for it with their lives. I highly suggest that everyone watch this video.

According to CGVT and DSL, these are just dumb racist rednecks who got what they deserved.
          Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• I've been pulled over by cops dozens of times in my lifetime for traffic violations.
            They don't like young white hippies either, (driving beaters) trust me, at least 20-25 years ago. I have had the cuffs slapped on me and roughed up for no reason a couple times. Once was (a mistake) they said I had a stolen license plate on my car and didn't like me lying to them - cuffed -towed car- court fine - missed work- fined $100 to get my car out of the pound, I got an apology letter later no money back.. I also think I had bad luck, one cop asked me if I just got out of prison and raised his hand like he was going to punch me, I ducked. I was always polite and legal. Since im old and went the way of Talent with my physical appearance on top, and a newer car seems I never been bothered in years. Funny how that works...

Comment

• Oh yea the ass hole who pulled me over for a non-stolen plate (he was waited outside my house down the road) said he knew my landlord and I would be kicked out within 2 months.

Comment

• The Brooklyn Center shooting made me think of that video, Hannibal. It's amazing how many people are now in favor of just letting suspects run away from the police. Lori Lightfoot has tasked CPD with writing a new policy for chasing suspects on foot. There is literally a movement.... afoot... to do away with the practice of running after a suspect. Apparently, the world would be safer if people suspected of committing violent crimes are allowed to run away from the police if they don't feel like being arrested. I'm sure this will have the exact outcome the policy-makers wish.

Comment

• The Columbus police have wisely released the bodycam footage of the shooting there. From now on, they need to release this stuff same day to quell the lying media narratives that form.

The cops saved a black woman's life by shooting a knife-wielding black woman.

210421bryant1.jpg

The narrative, of course, is that the cops shot yet another "unarmed" black person.

You just can't even make this shit up. It's incredible. George Orwell was an optimist.

Comment

• Future police encounters with felons in the world of Rasheedah, Ilhan and AOC:

Cop: Sir, I'll need you to step out of the car. You have 3 warrants for felony murder.

Bad guy: F*** you, I'm leaving.

Cop: Ok sir. Have a nice day!
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A few years ago, a Meijer store near here had to close, because it was in a high crime area. The shoplifting from the store was so bad, that store employees were told not to confront anyone who was attempting to leave without paying. One store employee told me they felt like saying, "Thank you for stealing from us today"

The property where that once very nice store stood, is now a large, vacant, cement slab. And people in that area wonder why no new business wants to open there.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Eh, telling employees not to personally confront shoplifters is nothing new. When I worked retail 20 years ago that was the rule.

Comment

• San Francisco has already decriminalized it.

Comment

• So, let me get this straight. Examples of good police shootings justifies bad police shootings and exonerates murderers like Chauvin and vigilantes like the racist rednecks in Georgia that have no business "enforcing" laws ?

Got it.

Lily white denial running rampant up in this bitch. Jesus.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I had just watched the Columbus video, Hannibal. Glad you found a still photo that clearly shows the knife. Or as apologists would say: A photo that appears to show her holding some type of object in her hand.

Did you happen to notice the male run up and kick a woman in the head after she had been knocked to the ground by the knife-wielding assailant? You know what made him do that? Redlining in the 1950s.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                So, let me get this straight. Examples of good police shootings justifies bad police shootings and exonerates murderers like Chauvin and vigilantes like the racist rednecks in Georgia that have no business "enforcing" laws ?

Got it.

Lily white denial running rampant up in this bitch. Jesus.
                                Any opinion on Ben Crump's continual lies and race-baiting? I believe that was the point of Hannibal's post. The Columbus video is just another example of how the vast majority of officer-involved shootings are completely justified but it didn't stop dishonest public figures from riling people up. There were/are people taking to the streets to protest the officer who shot the assailant. Why aren't they happy that a member of their community was SAVED by the police's action?

If that same exact scenario happened in my town the officer would be hailed as a hero, regardless of the race/ethnicity of anyone involved.
                                Last edited by Mike; April 21, 2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X