No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would worry about the children though. My eight-year-old and his friends recently discovered the term shut up, and they are always telling each other to do it now. Will they ever speak their minds again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      How is that unlike every other political rally for any candidate?

I didn't say it was different...
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I would have my children and all their friends attend a Cruz rally and chant "Zo-dee-ak! Zo-dee-ak!" but not to "shut up". Gotta draw the line somewhere...
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Go-Canada-Go is also acceptable.

Comment

• He wouldn't last 5 minutes here. He'd be infected by cheap education, no military spending and free health care in no time.

Comment

• Cruz officially drops out. Wow. Donald fucking Trump

Comment

• Really, is is "Wow"? The GOP has been livin' the crazy for decades...something like this was inevitable IMO.

Comment

• Sanders the winner in Indiana. Hillary can't relax just yet I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Sanders the winner in Indiana. Hillary can't relax just yet I guess.
                    Every primary he wins he loses ground in the overall. He needs something like 60% here on out to catch her in pledged delegates. So although he won, he will need bigger margins of victory from here on out. Which he's not gonna get. But of course, he's no more a democrat than Trump is a republican so he doesn't care at all about Clinton or down ballot dems.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sanders the winner in Indiana. Hillary can't relax just yet I guess.

Yes she can, she didn't even campaign in Indiana. I don't think she ran one commercial there, she's in Ohio working on the general election. Bernie only mission at this point is to divide the Democratic party, he developed an attitude when people noticed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Bernie only mission at this point is to divide the Democratic party
                        Commie running-dog splitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          Every primary he wins he loses ground in the overall. He needs something like 60% here on out to catch her in pledged delegates. So although he won, he will need bigger margins of victory from here on out. Which he's not gonna get. But of course, he's no more a democrat than Trump is a republican so he doesn't care at all about Clinton or down ballot dems.
                          I guess what I mean is she can't start moving back towards center yet. She's got to keep adopting Sanders' message until at least June now.

Like was said on CNN a few minutes ago. Hillary's basically won the nomination, but Bernie won the debate. She's had to mostly adopt all his talking points (albeit in milder terms) through the course of the campaign. She wouldn't have bothered to do so without the constant pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Yes she can, she didn't even campaign in Indiana. I don't think she ran one commercial there, she's in Ohio working on the general election. Bernie only mission at this point is to divide the Democratic party, he developed an attitude when people noticed him.
                            His mission is increasingly getting something closer to his platform adopted at the national convention.

Sanders looks like he's going to win both Indianapolis and all its suburbs, Fort Wayne, and nearly every county that doesn't touch the Ohio River. I expected Hillary to do well up in Lake County right by Chicago but her margin there isn't nearly as big as I would've thought.

Comment

• On another note, throw Ted Cruz on the pile of Republican candidates whose win in Iowa was ultimately meaningless.

F'ing Iowa

Comment

• Cruz is such an asshole. He deliberately dropped out to ruin my Contested Convention party. Guess I should have invited him.

So what's next? Does he fade into obscurity? Does he annoint himself the evangelical shrill to keep in the news? Will he work on his World's Most Repellent Person title and try again in 4 years?

If he were really intent on helping the GOP, he should endorse Hillary. Then start showing up at Clinton rallies in Hillary attire and covered with campaign buttons. Maybe an "I'm the face of a Hillary supporter" campaign. The upside would be comic relief and the (extraordinarily steep) downside would be the heightened possibility of a President Trump.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X