• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

[ame]http://youtu.be/W7g3NI59ddw[/ame]

Donald Trump protestors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Article on former Michigan player Billy Taylor.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trumps' people furious after the shenanigans at the Arizona GOP Convention yesterday. Can't say I blame them. Trump beats Cruz by better than 20% with the voters, but will come away with significantly fewer delegates that actually support him. The at-large delegates, 28 of them total (and who are chosen at the convention), were nearly all Cruz people. These people are obligated to vote for Trump on the first ballot at the national convention, but if Trump doesn't win on the first vote, they can vote as they please.

Comment

• It has been "first ballot or bust" for Trump for a while.

Comment

• What the RNC is doing to Trump pulls the curtain back on the system.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Trump will be too close for it to matter. They should be mad, but it goes to Trumps lack of organization, they've run a rinky dink campaign buoyed by Trumps cult of personality and expert trolling. But delegate organizing is part of the campaign, this isn't something new. Generally it isn't focused on by the media because most races are decided so early it doesn't matter. But it sometimes it does and the campaign has to always be prepared. They have consistently shown the depth of knowledge that a cable news viewer would have of a campaign.

Comment

• [youtube]hCB6osB5SYU[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Trump will be too close for it to matter. They should be mad, but it goes to Trumps lack of organization, they've run a rinky dink campaign buoyed by Trumps cult of personality and expert trolling. But delegate organizing is part of the campaign, this isn't something new. Generally it isn't focused on by the media because most races are decided so early it doesn't matter. But it sometimes it does and the campaign has to always be prepared. They have consistently shown the depth of knowledge that a cable news viewer would have of a campaign.
                  It isn't new, but it is a rigged system. The two political crime families decide who gets to be a nominee. They did it to Perot, Nader, Paul, and they're now doing it to Trump. You are limited to two choices in America, and in reality it's one choice: The Big Government Crime Syndicate.

Comment

• If Trump wins Indiana, then he will be next to impossible to stop. Polling (albeit unreliable because of Indiana's laws against robo-polling) show him with a significant lead there.

Comment

• How many of the remaining states are winner-take-all? Trump only needs 241 delegates to clinch. California is 172, Indiana 57, and New Jersey 51. Those three states alone put him over the top and he has big leads in all 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        How many of the remaining states are winner-take-all? Trump only needs 241 delegates to clinch. California is 172, Indiana 57, and New Jersey 51. Those three states alone put him over the top and he has big leads in all 3.
                        They are WTA, but the WTA often applies only for the "at-large" delegates and lots of states also have congressional district delegates. So theoretically, you can win a "Winner take all" states like California but maybe end up with 125 delegates instead of 172. You need a PhD to manage all of the math though (bound delegates, unbound delegates, proportional, WTA, etc).

Still -- I think that if Trump wins Indiana and then wins California, Oregon, Washington, New Jersey, New Mexico, and West Virginia then he's probably got it, even though Cruz will pick up delegates in some of those states.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; May 2, 2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Genghis Jon:

"THE BAD-ASS LIBRARIANS OF TIMBUKTU and their race to save the world's most precious manuscripts" by Joshua Hammer. "This is a pretty cool story and I just ordered my copy. As an unrepentant history geek, I have a special respect for ancient literature and documents. This is the story of a like minded fellow responsible for saving nearly 300,000 ancient works from Al-Qaeda when millitants overran Mali."

I was intrigued and ordered this book last week. lt is outstanding. I couldn't put it down! The author is a superb writer with extensive experience military and political reporting.

The nation of Mali in central Africa was unknown to me except for a vague notion of a historic city called Timbuktu. Well, I learned a lot about the history of Islamic scholarship in past centuries and how Islam is so falsely portrayed in current national discourse.

The origin of the popular notion of a backward fundamentalist Islam is Wahabiism as promoted in Saudi Arabia and its many madrassas throughout the Middle East. This is completely at odds with the writings of historical Islamic leaders and thinkers of the past. Thousands of manuscripts that expose the enlightened versions of Islam were kept by sympathizers in Timbuktu, and these precious documents were in jeopardy when fundamentalist Islamic insurgents out of Libya and Algeria (after the fall of Quaddafj - thank you, Hillary) invaded territories in the southern Sahel (desert region of Africa) and took over parts of Mali. I can't do justice to the complexities of this situation that erupted in 2012. Joshua Hammer does a fantastic job of reporting on the heroic efforts of loyal and enlightened Islamic individuals and the tension-filled account of how these documents were protected and preserved for posterity.

This is a fabulous book! Thank you Ghengis Jon for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

• They certainly didn't do it with Paul or Nader. Those guys had very little support. Nobody did it to Perot as he ran as an independent.

When you are running for a nomination of a political party you are trying to win their nomination playing by their rules. If you get snookered because you fail to understand the rules or how you play the game it's your fault. And really the way Trump is losing delegates to Cruz isn't because of any national GOP effort it is because the Cruz campaign is much better at weasel tactics like this.

Fortunately for Trump, Cruz is much better at these tactics but is not good at expanding his support among voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              If Trump wins Indiana, then he will be next to impossible to stop. Polling (albeit unreliable because of Indiana's laws against robo-polling) show him with a significant lead there.
                              I'd like to see him win because I love seeing the Republicans wail and gnash their teeth over his successful run. I see Hillary winning it all anyway. No one has the guts to put her behind bars. Get ready for an assault on your natural right to protect yourself. Executive orders are the true assault weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                They certainly didn't do it with Paul or Nader. Those guys had very little support. Nobody did it to Perot as he ran as an independent.
                                There were dirty tricks played on both of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X