No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prosecutor earlier today mentioned this and said the amount would not necessarily be fatal to an addict, which Floyd was.
    He had 2.5X the lethal dose plus a shitload of other drugs. No, Floyd was not going to live that day saving the interventions I mentioned above.

With my very limited knowledge of the law and only relying on what our resident lawyer says on this, I think Chauvin was criminally negligent in two ways:

(1) Chauvin should have recognized the potential for an OD was present and gotten EMS involved more quickly than they were. This can be tricky for EMS when a subject is resisting and restrained - they have to get permission from law enforcement to treat. Keep in mind, before Chauvin arrived, two other officers at the scene had already intervened when they were called to investigate a claim that Floyd had tried to pass a counterfeit $20. Things escalated right away and an opportunity to use NARCAN was probably missed by those first two cops on the scene. Chauvin should have deescalated, seen this failed opportunity and administered it himself.

Reports I read state that once EMS arrived they assessed him and there was already no pulse and he was unresponsive. Instead of treating him at the scene they loaded him into the ambulance and headed for the ER. In the ambulance he was aggressively treated for cardiac arrest. The details of that treatment aren't public but they would have included a boat-load of drugs, presumably NARCAN, CPR and defibrilation (shock) attempts. NB, NARCAN is ineffective in a patient suffering from full cardiac arrest but it's still administered. For it to work, it has to be administered before that happens.

(2) During the restraint process Chauvin was executing (lawful?), Chauvin should have recognized that Floyd was in medical extremis and acted on that.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yep. I really don't see how he can skirt the 3rd degree charge. But according to the defense's opening statement, the officers asked Floyd and his companions and none of them fessed up that he was on something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        according to the defense's opening statement, the officers asked Floyd and his companions and none of them fessed up that he was on something.
        That's on the bodycam video.

Comment

• The bodycam video. The whole incident, start to finish:

Bodycam footage from Minneapolis Police officer Thomas Lane from the death of George Floyd

Comment

• In news that doesn't relate to whether or not our cities burn, the Biden Administration is projecting a staggering surge in unaccompanied minors: https://www.axios.com/border-crisis-...04b262542.html

The previous high for any month was about 11,000 back in the "kids in cages" days of 2019. Biden is projecting over 20,000 per month through SEPTEMBER.

This is of his own doing.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• MSP is gunna BURN much like Georgia thanks to Sherman in the War of Northern Aggression (that was for you AA...dumbass)
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, Walenski has managed to douse all hope with her "impending doom" prediction today. Fuck her. I mean really. This schtick by the hand-wringing, pearl clutching morons at the CDC is highly counterproductive. You know my line on this, I won't repeat it.

Look, new case numbers are rising, right? She's a smart woman and there are a lot of smart folks around her ...... drops head and sulks, "she's probably right." The pandemic is going to go on and continue to interrupt normal life for years.

Wait, I have some questions:

In what age group are cases rising? Should we be overly concerned about transmission in the 18-35 crowd where it has been clear for months that this cohort has mild symptoms from an infection? Are at risk groups dying at a higher rate because younger people are getting infected and spreading it to higher risk groups? If so, wouldn't that mean increasing deaths, CFR and hospitalizations? Where are these rising case numbers occurring? Which regions of the country and world are approaching or even reaching herd immunity and doing well? What is the impact of vaccines on serious illness, deaths and transmission rates across all age groups? Do you think it's just possible that focusing more on a vaccine drive, getting everyone in the US vaccinated might be better than doomsday predictions?

CONTEXT MFs. CONTEXT.

FFS, the messaging coming from the world renowned CDC absolutely sucks. Going forward there are discernible end points. They aren't tomorrow or next week or even next month but the US and other countries that have their vaccination programs up and running are moving toward them. In a liberal controlled government, paternalism is fundamental and that's exactly what we're seeing out of the Biden administration's PH approach and messaging. Americans are not smart enough to understand the nuances, the subtleties of significant improvement in the word's chances to end the pandemic. With that end comes a return to something less than but very much like pre-pandemic life.

The way to talk about this is by outlining the progress and the risks going forward and how to lessen their impact that might delay a return to normal life in a post SARS2 pandemic world. I found this article today. It's long, detailed and very encouraging. There are two endpoints. (1) Resumption of mostly unrestricted life and commerce, (2) Herd immunity that follows and prevents other than sporadic virus outbreaks that are easily controlled.

Takeaways include:
                • The US will probably reach herd immunity in the third quarter.
                • In anticipation of that, PH officials will start, or should start, easing mobility restrictions along with prohibitions on certain type of activities.
                • There are risks to achieving those two end points: SARS2 variants rendering vaccines less effective in preventing disease and transmission, immunity from previous infection or vaccination being of shorter duration than most anticipate, vaccine supply and/or distribution delays and interruptions and more.
                In this report, and contrary to the Walenski dire warnings, scant mention is made of doomsday scenarios or a need for humans to "not let their guard down" .... whatever that actually means. Hide in the basement, don't go out at all? I have no fucking idea because the central thrust of our public health messaging is that impending doom is close. It's not on how to safely and responsibly go about one's life in the current circumstance with increasing vaccine availability, vaccination rates and proven reduced transmission rates among humans acting mostly normally. I'm sick of it.

Read this and ignore whatever further Walenski has to say:

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...9-pandemic-end
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 29, 2021, 08:31 PM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Oh, and by the way. If you think kids should go back to school, you're a "white supremacist". Not sure what that says about black folks who also want their kids back in school, but that's never stopped a good "prog" labeling in the past ...

And, the accuser must know our good friend CGVT. He cleverly attaches the "pearl clutching" thingie to his accusation. I guess they read the same daily fax sheet that tells them what they must believe in order to remain in good standing.

https://www.newsweek.com/teacher-cal...-rages-1579590
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Oh, and by the way. If you think kids should go back to school, you're a "white supremacist". Not sure what that says about black folks who also want their kids back in school, but that's never stopped a good "prog" labeling in the past ...

And, the accuser must know our good friend CGVT. He cleverly attaches the "pearl clutching" thingie to his accusation. I guess they read the same daily fax sheet that tells them what they must believe in order to remain in good standing.

https://www.newsweek.com/teacher-cal...-rages-1579590

Yawn.

That teacher is an idiot, almost as big an idiot as the Reopen California Schools groups that are demanding an apology from Sacramento City

The only pearls being clutched here are the ones that Liney is firmly grasping as his faux outrage is laughable.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And once more he dips into the well.

Really clever.

And I'm not actually outraged by those who see racists or white supremacists around every corner. I'm amused by them, because they are so detached from reality, that its laughable. They hated the orange man so much, that they've lost all common sense, and will believe anything that continues to cast him and people who voted for him in a bad light.

I voted for the orange man in 2016, because the two major parties gave us a choice of Hillary or the orange man. I've seen what the Clintons do, and what they believe, so I thought the orange man deserved a chance instead of another Clinton. He got some things right, and a lot of things wrong. So in 2020, we got the choice of orange man or KamalaJoe. I'm told that 80 million people voted for KamalaJoe, so here we are. So far, I don't see a whole lot of difference, other than gobs of money being thrown around like its holiday candy.

Maybe Kamala will get things right when she takes over a few months from now, but I'm not hopeful of that.

Comment

• Just when I thought CGVT couldn't get any dumber...

...you go...AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF

Good work.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I wish I was making this up.

Oxford professors are suggesting that sheet music be eliminated from their curriculum because it has its roots in "white supremacy".

I'm not sure what that does to people of other races that have wrote music and applied it to paper.

Comment

• Mozart and Beethoven are considered complicit in “white supremacy” because they existed in the same era as slavery. And people wonder why folks like me are are reaching their limit with this woke bullshit.

Comment

• These things sounds utterly ridiculous and stupid and completely off the reservation at first. And then, a few years later, you end up with the Leader of the Party saying, e.g., that men should be able to play women's sports. Now, I don't see sheet music or Mozart disappearing any time soon. But, I wish I could say that with a little more confidence (like, say, 100%) than I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Well, Walenski has managed to douse all hope with her "impending doom" prediction today. Fuck her. I mean really. This schtick by the hand-wringing, pearl clutching morons at the CDC is highly counterproductive. You know my line on this, I won't repeat it.

Look, new case numbers are rising, right? She's a smart woman and there are a lot of smart folks around her ...... drops head and sulks, "she's probably right." The pandemic is going to go on and continue to interrupt normal life for years.

Wait, I have some questions:

In what age group are cases rising? Should we be overly concerned about transmission in the 18-35 crowd where it has been clear for months that this cohort has mild symptoms from an infection? Are at risk groups dying at a higher rate because younger people are getting infected and spreading it to higher risk groups? If so, wouldn't that mean increasing deaths, CFR and hospitalizations? Where are these rising case numbers occurring? Which regions of the country and world are approaching or even reaching herd immunity and doing well? What is the impact of vaccines on serious illness, deaths and transmission rates across all age groups? Do you think it's just possible that focusing more on a vaccine drive, getting everyone in the US vaccinated might be better than doomsday predictions?

CONTEXT MFs. CONTEXT.

FFS, the messaging coming from the world renowned CDC absolutely sucks. Going forward there are discernible end points. They aren't tomorrow or next week or even next month but the US and other countries that have their vaccination programs up and running are moving toward them. In a liberal controlled government, paternalism is fundamental and that's exactly what we're seeing out of the Biden administration's PH approach and messaging. Americans are not smart enough to understand the nuances, the subtleties of significant improvement in the word's chances to end the pandemic. With that end comes a return to something less than but very much like pre-pandemic life.

The way to talk about this is by outlining the progress and the risks going forward and how to lessen their impact that might delay a return to normal life in a post SARS2 pandemic world. I found this article today. It's long, detailed and very encouraging. There are two endpoints. (1) Resumption of mostly unrestricted life and commerce, (2) Herd immunity that follows and prevents other than sporadic virus outbreaks that are easily controlled.

Takeaways include:
                                • The US will probably reach herd immunity in the third quarter.
                                • In anticipation of that, PH officials will start, or should start, easing mobility restrictions along with prohibitions on certain type of activities.
                                • There are risks to achieving those two end points: SARS2 variants rendering vaccines less effective in preventing disease and transmission, immunity from previous infection or vaccination being of shorter duration than most anticipate, vaccine supply and/or distribution delays and interruptions and more.
                                In this report, and contrary to the Walenski dire warnings, scant mention is made of doomsday scenarios or a need for humans to "not let their guard down" .... whatever that actually means. Hide in the basement, don't go out at all? I have no fucking idea because the central thrust of our public health messaging is that impending doom is close. It's not on how to safely and responsibly go about one's life in the current circumstance with increasing vaccine availability, vaccination rates and proven reduced transmission rates among humans acting mostly normally. I'm sick of it.

Read this and ignore whatever further Walenski has to say:

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...9-pandemic-end
                                One of your best Covid posts all-time. I'd rate this 1985 M good. I couldn't believe what I heard when Wollensky started babbling on about, quite literally, "impending doom." I mean -- WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK?

Comment

Working...
                                X