No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, to be clear, many of the "kids in cages!" arrived unaccompanied. PDJT did have a temporary separation policy that he reversed, but the bulk of the "kids in cages!" were unaccompanied minors being housed in facilities that were built by Obama. And they were kept there longer than 72 hours as is the case with Chairman Joe. That was part of the outrage, too.

The Media gonna Media. Ds gonna D. Facts really have no place in their world.

And, of course, "babies in cages" was a separate issue from "separation" -- the Ds were crystal clear on this: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...facts-64615378

You know, let's see:

KAMALA HARRIS: "You look at the fact that this is a president who has pushed policies that's been about putting babies in cages at the border in the name of security when in fact what it is, is a human rights abuse being committed by the United States government." — remarks at NAACP forum Wednesday in Detroit.
    I don't see any qualifiers. Just "babies in cages." So lucky for her that it's now teens in facilities that are like jails.

I don't blame Progs from wanting to change the topic to get away from the Facts.
    Last edited by iam416; March 15, 2021, 12:43 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep exact same thing. Geezus. I'm supprised you didn't support your bullshit with a right wing meme. It's that fucking stupid. But Conservatives gonna conservative

Fucking media!

By early June 2018, it emerged that the policy did not include measures to reunite the families that it had separated,[8][9] Following national and international criticism,[10] on June 20, 2018, Trump signed an executive order ending family separations at the border.[11] On June 26, 2018, US District Judge Dana Sabraw issued a nationwide preliminary injunction against the family separation policy and ordered that all children be reunited with their parents within 30 days.[12][13] In 2019 a release of emails obtained by NBC News it was revealed that although the administration had said that they would use the governments "central database" to reconnect the thousands of families that had been separated, the government had only enough information to reconnect 60 children with their parents.[14] By November 2020, the parents of 666 children still had not been found.[15] The administration refused to provide funds to cover the expenses of reuniting families, and volunteer organizations provided both volunteers and funding.[16][17][18]

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform reported in July 2019 that over 700 children had been separated from their parents after the policy's official end.[19] In July, it was reported that as many as five children per day were being separated,[20] and by the end of the year, the total had reached over 1,100.[7]

In January 2019, the administration acknowledged that thousands more children may have been separated from their families than the previously reported figure of 2,737, with officials uncertain of the exact number. Investigation showed that the child separation policy had actually begun in the summer of 2017, prior to the zero tolerance policy announced in April 2018. Federal officials said there were no plans to attempt to reunite these children because "it would destabilize the permanency of their existing home environment, and could be traumatic to the children."

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And, to be clear, many of the "kids in cages!" arrived unaccompanied. PDJT did have a temporary separation policy that he reversed, but the bulk of the "kids in cages!" were unaccompanied minors being housed in facilities that were built by Obama. And they were kept there longer than 72 hours as is the case with Chairman Joe. That was part of the outrage, too.

The Media gonna Media. Ds gonna D. Facts really have no place in their world.

And, of course, "babies in cages" was a separate issue from "separation" -- the Ds were crystal clear on this: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...facts-64615378

You know, let's see:

KAMALA HARRIS: "You look at the fact that this is a president who has pushed policies that's been about putting babies in cages at the border in the name of security when in fact what it is, is a human rights abuse being committed by the United States government." — remarks at NAACP forum Wednesday in Detroit.
        I don't see any qualifiers. Just "babies in cages." So lucky for her that it's now teens in facilities that are like jails.

I don't blame Progs from wanting to change the topic to get away from the Facts.

Comment

• Either you understand that "kids in cages" and child separation were two separate issues or you don't. I don't blame Progs for be willfully stupid on that point. Or, perhaps, just stupid.

Comment

• Now, of course, Chairman Joe has not brought back the child separation policy that PDJT put in place and then ditched. That's true. He is, of course, housing unaccompanied minors in facilities that are like jails, just as Obama did, just as PDJT did. The only difference -- AT ALL -- is that they are now "teens in facilities like jails" instead of "kids in cages!"

Facts. The Media gonna Media.

Comment

• And, FTR, I don't give a rat's ass about politicians being raging hypocrites. That's what they do. Kamala wants to bang on babies in cages and then do the same thing -- meh, whatever.

However, the notion that The Media is some sort of impartial 4th estate is worth disproving over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

DeSantis vs Cuomo is hard to beat in terms of sheer substance and breadth. But this little nugget is hilariously Media.

Comment

• The thing that concerns me is the increase in border crossings.

6% in January, 28% in February, and on track to be 113% in March. It’s exponential. And no doubt the illegals feel emboldened because they believe Biden will not stop them and allow them citizenship without having to wait through the process.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wet foot/Dry foot policy. Just on a larger scale. It will get sorted out.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm just wondering where, and when, I can see one of those Alan Parsons Project cover bands.. book it on a double bill with a Pink Floyd laser light show at the local Planetarium and I AM ALL OVER IT..

Comment

• Where do we go from here, now that all other children are growin up?

Comment

• KAMALA HARRIS: "You look at the fact that this is a president who has pushed policies that's been about putting babies in cages at the border in the name of security when in fact what it is, is a human rights abuse being committed by the United States government." — remarks at NAACP forum Wednesday in Detroit.
                        Kamala gonna Kamala
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The killer whose crimes led to the whole shitty Amityville franchise has died

“Amityville Horror” killer Ronald DeFeo — who killed his six family members in 1974 on Long Island — has died behind bars, according to officials.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Temporary vs policy. Arrived alone as opposed to separating. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge the fact or the difference.

Carry on.
                            ???? Please explain, perhaps without an insult.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The success of Florida and, heh, how hard it is for The Media to actually own up to the Facts: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...vid-successes/
                              Great NRO article. Speaks truth to lies. I'm see the success this with my own eyes and own experiences. My family raised eyebrows when I said as soon as cycle studios opened I was back at it. Until about 2 months ago, we had to wear a face covering while cycling - shields were the face covering of choice. I've ridden 65 times at my favorites and another 20 or so at others. I went to gyms without hesitation while being appropriately cautious about hand washing and masking. As soon as Desantis said restaurants could re-open we went there again following the rules that were appropriate and still in effect.

Case study of one. If I was exposed, if I had it and was asymptomatic, I'm unaware. Both gyms and cycle studios that I frequent have not reported any outbreaks ..... none. Yet, these places are the quintessential spreader of COVID per fear monkeys. When we look back at this in a year or two, the people that said distance, mask and carry-on will be proven right. Shuttering businesses, while that undeniably prevents some disease spread, the economic cost of doing that far outweighed what ever limited benefit it will be shown to have had when all the numbers are in.

What we're waiting for now is for the rest of the world to catch-up with FL. So, glad this is where I spend most of my time. Fearlessly headed for dinner at a friend's house - there will be 6 of us, 2, that's us, have been vaccinated. The other four wait their turn in line and here in FL, that will probably be the second week in April - about 3w from now.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've been working out at the gym since September 9th.
                                Last edited by froot loops; March 15, 2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X