No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, to reiterate what Buchanan said -- it's not that DeSantis (or Kemp or whomever) are unequivocally right in their handling of Covid. But, their approach to keep things more open than not did not produce materially different results from the Fear Monkey States. That, despite the complete onslaught from The Media predicting otherwise.

There's really nothing for Dr. Strangelove or other seemingly honest Ds to say about it. They have nothing of any honest substantive value with which to respond. If I were them, I'd focus on Biden and his great victories and just shrug off the foregoing as "meh", It's indisputable so you might as well say it's trivial or otherwise insignificant and focus on the huge significant wins from Biden, like 1.9T in relief, open borders, dudes in chick sports, shutting down Keystone, getting the country vaccinated when they had to start from scratch! and other soon-to-be victories.

Or, if you don't like that, just focus on PDJT. But, Cuomo/Whitmer as white knights vs DeSantis and Kemp as villains is a dead, stone cold fucking loser.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Let’s not forget the psychological victims, either. The suicides, premature departures, and irreparable damage that we’ve seen in the last year.

Sure, “nobody knew what they were dealing with”, but you’re much more deserving of a pass if you don’t have agenda item #1 of getting rid of the guy in the White House and don’t provide the proof of your “Science”.

I kind of hope that Whitmer’s Science and Data Show keeps running for another year. She’s almost at critical mass and there’s enough dumb people in this state to re-elect her if she doesn’t go supernova.

Comment

• Listen all you China Joe haters out there...the man truly cares about our independence and freedom...now please obey...do your part...take the vaccine...wear the mask(s)...social distance...stay home...and YOU shall be granted YOUR very own independence day celebration with family and friends!

/sarcasm
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Something that I don't believe has been said is the utter failure of "modeling". 2.2 Million deaths were predicted by the models. Cuomo was in terror that the hospital system in NYC was going to collapse. Remember, we were told, "15 days to flatten the curve"? Cuomo excoriated Trump for not delivering on the 40,000 ventilators Cuomo claimed was necessary to save the hospital system. Trump bought into this too, sending the hospital ship and redoing the Javits Center.

When we discuss the loss of liberty that we have experienced in the last year, we should remember that the "models" and the "experts" and the bureaucracy have led us to the place we are today. We simply did not have anywhere enough data about the virus to make decisions, one way or the other. We are going to spend trillions in the near future because of some models relating to global warming have never had enough data points to justify the vast amounts we are about to spend to prevent it.

The test of a model (if you are going to use the scientific method) is whether it can predict future events with some accuracy. When have the Greens ever made a prediction that came close to true? Peter Urlich, in The Population Bomb predicted that by 2000 humans would be fighting over constantly diminishing resources. So don't have kids. His incorrect assumption was that resources are limited, which they are NOT in any relevant sense. Now we have this carbon bogeyman and we have to completely change our culture and our lives to save the world. Well, what about the time period around 1776 when the Little Ice Age was in full force and effect.? It changed agricultural patterns in most of Europe.

The political result of the models for covid and for global-warming is power granted to centralized government as the "only" way to save our lives.

For fun, go back and read what we were talking about in this forum one year ago. We didn't know much of anything, but we were worried about what the models predicted. The assumption that the elites are always looking out for us is not always true. What is true is that, "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

go back to about 3600
          Last edited by Da Geezer; March 13, 2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I also want to point out that it would be quite the fucking move by the Federal Government to, by decree or by decree of its proxies, to shutdown businesses and then condition bailouts on adopting Marxist policies. Elizabeth Warren can seriously go fuck herself.
            March 18, 2020. The man was correct.

Comment

• Yeah, there was no doubt that’d happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Something that I don't believe has been said is the utter failure of "modeling". 2.2 Million deaths were predicted by the models. Cuomo was in terror that the hospital system in NYC was going to collapse. Remember, we were told, "15 days to flatten the curve"? Cuomo excoriated Trump for not delivering on the 40,000 ventilators Cuomo claimed was necessary to save the hospital system. Trump bought into this too, sending the hospital ship and redoing the Javits Center.

When we discuss the loss of liberty that we have experienced in the last year, we should remember that the "models" and the "experts" and the bureaucracy have led us to the place we are today. We simply did not have anywhere enough data about the virus to make decisions, one way or the other. We are going to spend trillions in the near future because of some models relating to global warming have never had enough data points to justify the vast amounts we are about to spend to prevent it.
                If it hasn’t been said, it isn’t for lack of consideration. I’ve always thought that the models were typical crap and the “ventilator crisis” was a pathetic joke. But we’re still not much into the “9/12” phase. It’s going to fun to see what answers are served when we get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                  Let’s not forget the psychological victims, either. The suicides, premature departures, and irreparable damage that we’ve seen in the last year.
                  I kind of hope that Whitmer’s Science and Data Show keeps running for another year. She’s almost at critical mass and there’s enough dumb people in this state to re-elect her if she doesn’t go supernova.
                  Serious post here -- I remember thinking in late March 2020 thru about the end of May that if I contracted Corona Virus, I might have to consider offing myself, because I didn't want to be stuck in a hospital, on a ventilator, gasping away the last moments of my life. That was the first time in my life that I seriously considered suicide. It scared the daylights out of me, that I actually got to that point in my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had thoughts like that.

I'm over that now. Prayer, great family, and good medical people helped me thru it.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 160606891_1903298283180096_778563385673973583_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=xHh3DZCP1UAAX9RI0Zi&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&tp=6&oh=d4bb05c577366981eb7cf4aacce20d4f&oe=607104E9.jpg

Back to politics ....

Comment

• Yes, well she’ll circle back to that..

Comment

• I believe that early model that said 2.2 million deaths was based on if no action was taken. It was a scary number but wasn't realistic because measures were going to be taken to suppress the number. Anyone bellyaching that they promised 2.2 million deaths and we only got 500k is being willfully obtuse.

Comment

• The Media refused to report deaths in terms of age for so long. We now know why, e.g., DeSantis actually did slightly better than Whitmer despite the latter’s complete Fear Monkey policies. He actually understood the nature of the virus.

Comment

• I know it is semantics, BUT if minors are not coming with their parents that would mean that they were separated from their parents BEFORE they got into US Custody. The US is not separating them from their parents which the Trump administration did do. Also to be clear, the kids in cages thing was going on during the Obama administration as well.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The Media refused to report deaths in terms of age for so long. We now know why, e.g., DeSantis actually did slightly better than Whitmer despite the latter’s complete Fear Monkey policies. He actually understood the nature of the virus.
                              What started turning the corner for me was when I started seeing statistics that people over 65 were SURVIVING the virus. For the months of Feb - May, I thought if someone that age got the virus, that you might as well start planning the funeral. It was a death sentence. I remember not wanting to step outside in my yard, for fear I might breathe the same air as a neighbor that might have the virus. That's what the fear monkey strategy that Whitmer perpetuated, did to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I believe that early model that said 2.2 million deaths was based on if no action was taken. It was a scary number but wasn't realistic because measures were going to be taken to suppress the number. Anyone bellyaching that they promised 2.2 million deaths and we only got 500k is being willfully obtuse.
                                So, then you’re saying that Trump actually SAVED 1.7 million people?
                                Last edited by Tom W; March 13, 2021, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X