No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Republican establishment already threw Trump under the bus. It was a fatal mistake that will cost them dearly in 2022.

Comment

• We'll see about Trump. I believe Woke Supremacy and Immigration will be the issues the Rs use in 2022.

Comment

• The problem the Ds will have is that they are either the Party of AOC or will be very soon. Unfortunately, the Rs will probably offer little resistance because asshats would rather be run by AOC than vote for candidates that are "disloyal" to DJT.

I'll have to content myself with local and state politics as we move well past the notion that the Government should, in any way, limit spending. I mean, at all. I'm hoping inflation is just a conservative bogeyman.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Democrats are already the party of AOC.

Unfortunately, the Rs will probably offer little resistance because asshats would rather be run by AOC than vote for candidates that are "disloyal" to DJT.
          The disloyal ones are the ones who won't offer any resistance to the AOC party. Those are the worthless cucks whose agenda is simply what the Democrats were proposing 10 years ago or so. The Republicans in the state houses of all of the contested states last year had the power to change the mail-in voting processes, and they didn't. That's why Republicans don't want to vote for them. It's not just personal loyalty to DJT, although that is a factor.
          Last edited by Hannibal; March 11, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            The Republican establishment already threw Trump under the bus. It was a fatal mistake that will cost them dearly in 2022.
            COVID was pretty much the nuclear option that left them with no other choice. What happens going forward depends on which side does a less incompetent job of blaming the other one. One would think that the side that controls the narrative would have the advantage, but each passing day shows that they may be even bigger idiots than Trump was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              We'll see about Trump. I believe Woke Supremacy and Immigration will be the issues the Rs use in 2022.
              House Republicans ran on immigration hard in 2018 and got beaten badly. Of course, they had also been in power for 8 years, so people may have been ready for a change. In general I think culture war stuff works better when there are no serious crises, i.e. war or depression, affecting the country. Anger is also a better motivator to vote than contentment. So, ironically, if the economy is good over the next two years and the country is relatively quiet, Republicans may do better in 2022.

In terms of uniting the party the culture war stuff works better because there are genuine tensions in the R Party on economic policy now. There are plenty of people who went along with Trump Populism and proliferate spending because they had to for political survival, but are ready to go back to screaming about debt and spending.

Comment

• It doesn't really matter what Republicans run on, because they don't have any credibility on implementation. They had two years of control of the Legislative branch with Trump in charge and they didn't do anything, other than a traditional Republican tax cut that their constituents didn't ask for or give a shit about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

House Republicans ran on immigration hard in 2018 and got beaten badly. Of course, they had also been in power for 8 years, so people may have been ready for a change. In general I think culture war stuff works better when there are no serious crises, i.e. war or depression, affecting the country. Anger is also a better motivator to vote than contentment. So, ironically, if the economy is good over the next two years and the country is relatively quiet, Republicans may do better in 2022.

In terms of uniting the party the culture war stuff works better because there are genuine tensions in the R Party on economic policy now. There are plenty of people who went along with Trump Populism and proliferate spending because they had to for political survival, but are ready to go back to screaming about debt and spending.
                  I disagree about Rs going back to spending discipline. Few politicians in either party care about long-term benefits to the country anymore. They care about being re-elected. Period. And, to be fair, there has developed a new monetary theory that holds that a nation may print money as it wishes as long as it is willing to increase taxes when inflation happens. Talent has it right when he says ". I'm hoping inflation is just a conservative bogeyman." Me too.

The question is what to do in a hyper-inflationary situation. I believe that much of the Bitcoin rise is caused by folks who want some way to operate in an underground economy. No government will tolerate this, so placing a wealth tax on cryptocurrency is near-inevitable. An outright ban is also conceivable, which would have the effect of dramatically cutting the money supply and could be sold as anti-inflationary. Even introducing a bill to ban crypto would dramatically decrease the "price" since risk would rise. That too would be anti-inflationary.

Best to own land and hard assets. You young bucks should buy a home while interest rates are low and the risk of a rate change is almost all to the upside.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Democracts are still considering ACTUALLY STEALING a House seat: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...utm_term=first

There's really nothing else to say. The House could have dismissed the motion to Steal the Iowa seat and didn't. So, they're now considering actually stealing a House seat.

The Democrats, people. The Democrats.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Democrats, people. The Democrats.

Last edited by Hannibal; March 11, 2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Marxists in California are now openly calling for a genocide of White Christians.

I wonder what Froot, DSL, and CGVT think of their fellow Democrats in the country's most populous state (home of the Speaker of the House and the next President) think of the call for a genocide against White Christians.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; March 11, 2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Welp, I got my J&J Covid vaccine shot this morning. Just a poke like any other. They said I might have a low grade fever or some mild aches tomorrow, but it should pass.

Thank you Wayne County for harumphing the J&J vaccine so that a couple thousand of us Shiawassee County folks could get vaccinated. We'd probably still be waiting if you weren't so obstinate.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I disagree about Rs going back to spending discipline. Few politicians in either party care about long-term benefits to the country anymore. They care about being re-elected. Period. And, to be fair, there has developed a new monetary theory that holds that a nation may print money as it wishes as long as it is willing to increase taxes when inflation happens. Talent has it right when he says ". I'm hoping inflation is just a conservative bogeyman." Me too.

The question is what to do in a hyper-inflationary situation. I believe that much of the Bitcoin rise is caused by folks who want some way to operate in an underground economy. No government will tolerate this, so placing a wealth tax on cryptocurrency is near-inevitable. An outright ban is also conceivable, which would have the effect of dramatically cutting the money supply and could be sold as anti-inflationary. Even introducing a bill to ban crypto would dramatically decrease the "price" since risk would rise. That too would be anti-inflationary.

Best to own land and hard assets. You young bucks should buy a home while interest rates are low and the risk of a rate change is almost all to the upside.
                            Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. Change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. Change my mind.
                              Those pyramids are replacements for the ones that the white christians destroyed as part of their "Theocide". It ALL makes sense now.

Comment

• Pyramids built from the skulls of white male Christians, butchered by 4th graders chanting Aztec death metal.

It's in the Book of Revelations, people! Look it up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X