No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The live action Cat in the Hat film (starring Mike Myers) is full of homophobia, transphobia, microaggressions, and in-your-face sexism.

I hope no one here goes out and buys it and then watches it start to finish because that would be very offensive to me and I, a snowflake, just couldn't handle it and would retire to a safe space.

Other films I'm forbidding you to watch:

The Love Guru (2009)
    Movie 43 (2013)
    The Lone Ranger (2013)
    Wild, Wild West (1999)
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (1990)
    Ghosts Can't Do It (1990)
    Congo (1995)
    Twilight (2008)
    Zookeeper (2011)
    Malibu's Most Wanted (2003)
    Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (2002)
    Spice World (1997)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Meanwhile, Governor Abbot in Texas is opening the state's businesses to 100% capacity next Wednesday and lifting the state's mask mandate. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. I think he's probably jumping the gun by a month or so but at least we'll have a good test case for reopening.
      The narrative will probably be more telling than the actual plays. It's a sort of Groundhog Day for what we'll be hearing for the coming weeks. This isn't all about the Evil Orange Man anymore, the vaccines are rolling out and the bullshit meters are getting tuned in.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Mix some rum, molasses, and Benadryl. He’ll relinquish the remote.
        Speaking of which, I had a friend tell me yesterday to take a Benadryl before your second shot of Moderna or Phizer. The second shot is supposed to have the highest risk of "feeling sick" I don't know where that comes from (hopefully not Qanon) but have any of you heard that before?

Comment

• geezer,

I would actually avoid all forms of pre-medicating in case the med somehow impeded or interfered with the cascade of antibody creation.

Just my advice. I have no research to back that up.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The artist has been dead since 1991. The foundation that bears his name has decided that they will no longer publish 6 of his books. That is effectively banning the publication of those books since they are the entity that has the power to do so. The woke mob has been after Dr. Seuss for years, as linked in the original article, and they finally got a pound of flesh from that mean old Dr. Seuss. It's not a hill I'm gonna die on but its one degree warmer in the boiling frog syndrome.
            Well, on April 23, 2015, Obama had this to say about Dr. Seuss:

Former President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama were fans of Dr. Seuss before the children's author came under fire for creating racist and insensitive imagery.

The video is 1:14 long and well worth the look even though it is Fox News. This is how fast the woke brigade has moved this country in 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Speaking of which, I had a friend tell me yesterday to take a Benadryl before your second shot of Moderna or Phizer. The second shot is supposed to have the highest risk of "feeling sick" I don't know where that comes from (hopefully not Qanon) but have any of you heard that before?
              No, NSAIDS (Motrin, Advil) and Acetaminophen (Tylenol), yes. On NSAIDS and Acetaminophen, pre-treating with these is controversial probably leaning toward not taking them. I've looked at the cascade impact of these drugs on the immune response and I can see reasons why you probably shouldn't tale these as a pre-treatment. I've read that if you experience aches and pains that are keeping you awake, its OK to take Motrin or Tylenol 12h after the shot has been administered.

Benadryl is an antihistamine. It blocks H1 and H2 receptors that produce acid in the stomach (H1) and initiate rhinorrhea (runny nose) (H2). Benadryl will also reduce sensitivity within the middle ear which can reduce dizziness and nausea that results from it. These responses are highly specific and not at all related to the innate and adaptive immune response you want to get with the vaccines that can theoretically be impaired with NSAIDS and Acetaminophen. Benadryl has no pain relieving function. I don't see any harm in it as a pre-vaccine prophylactic measure. I'd take 25mg, it usually comes in 12.5mg tabs - take two of these.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Tanden’s nomination for OMB pulled.
                Another victim of cancel culture. What happened to freedom of speech? Losing her job just because someone was triggered by things she said. Toughen up, snowflakes

The good news for everyone is that saying stupid shit on social media only means you're unfit to run the Office of Management and Budget. Doesn't mean you're unfit to be President

Heh, seriously though, she's a piece of crap. Worst nomination Biden made. I think its funny that it's a centrist (Manchin) who ultimately took her down and not anyone on the far Left, who are all on her enemies list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

No, NSAIDS (Motrin, Advil) and Acetaminophen (Tylenol), yes. On NSAIDS and Acetaminophen, pre-treating with these is controversial probably leaning toward not taking them. I've looked at the cascade impact of these drugs on the immune response and I can see reasons why you probably shouldn't tale these as a pre-treatment. I've read that if you experience aches and pains that are keeping you awake, its OK to take Motrin or Tylenol 12h after the shot has been administered.

Benadryl is an antihistamine. It blocks H1 and H2 receptors that produce acid in the stomach (H1) and initiate rhinorrhea (runny nose) (H2). Benadryl will also reduce sensitivity within the middle ear which can reduce dizziness and nausea that results from it. These responses are highly specific and not at all related to the innate and adaptive immune response you want to get with the vaccines that can theoretically be impaired with NSAIDS and Acetaminophen. Benadryl has no pain relieving function. I don't see any harm in it as a pre-vaccine prophylactic measure. I'd take 25mg, it usually comes in 12.5mg tabs - take two of these.
                  Jeff,

The CDC does not recommend Benadryl before the vaccine:

Administration of antihistamines to COVID-19 vaccine recipients prior to vaccination to prevent allergic reactions is not recommended. Antihistamines do not prevent anaphylaxis, and their prophylactic use may mask cutaneous symptoms, which could lead to a delay in the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis. Feb 10, 2021
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The prudent course is to avoid pre-medication. There is just no reason for non-normal or symptom prophylactic medication administration. Your arm hurts. You may feel like you’re getting the flu for a day. Big whoop. Just toughen-up, get the shot, and quit your whining, you insufferable gasbag*

*not directed at anyone in particular, except Talent, of course.

Comment

• Michigan National Guardsmen have been sickened by the food they've been given while "protecting" the Capitol. Nearly 5,000 Guardsmen from Michigan are still in DC after the January incident. Soldiers have been sickened by the meals provided and have had to go to the hospital to be treated. Many guardsmen are now refusing to eat the food being provided to them.

The problem has actually been about the only "uniting" cause among Michigan's Congressional delegation. Republican and Democrat legislators from Michigan are united in their complaints to the DOD about how Michigan's guardsmen are being fed. These soldiers have actually received better food while serving on deployment to the ME, than they have in DC. Some soldiers are eating by using their own money to buy from local businesses.

Best thing to do would be to bring the guardsmen home, because its absolutely silly to leave them there to "protect" against an invisible enemy. Gretch actually seems to be leaning toward bring the Guard home sooner than later.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thanks for that update, AA.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Michigan National Guardsmen have been sickened by the food they've been given while "protecting" the Capitol. Nearly 5,000 Guardsmen from Michigan are still in DC after the January incident. Soldiers have been sickened by the meals provided and have had to go to the hospital to be treated. Many guardsmen are now refusing to eat the food being provided to them.

The problem has actually been about the only "uniting" cause among Michigan's Congressional delegation. Republican and Democrat legislators from Michigan are united in their complaints to the DOD about how Michigan's guardsmen are being fed. These soldiers have actually received better food while serving on deployment to the ME, than they have in DC. Some soldiers are eating by using their own money to buy from local businesses.

Best thing to do would be to bring the guardsmen home, because its absolutely silly to leave them there to "protect" against an invisible enemy. Gretch actually seems to be leaning toward bring the Guard home sooner than later.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/whistleblo...d-members-sick
                          I saw a video of National Guard food with tiny worms crawling on it.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Texas hispanic Ds aren't too happy with Biden's new open borders immigration policy.

It's not exactly earth-shattering analysis -- you know, if you let asylum-seekers into the country to wait for there hearing, well, you'll get a fuckton asylum-seekers. No shit.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Geezer and other preparing to get the COVID vaccines .... this is an open source Web MD article that covers just about all prior preparatory recommendations both the non-sense ones and the good ones. I should have read this before I made my post:

Vaccines are seen as one of the best ways to stop COVID-19. Learn more about the types of vaccines, including the newly approved Novavax.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Michigan National Guardsmen have been sickened by the food they've been given while "protecting" the Capitol. Nearly 5,000 Guardsmen from Michigan are still in DC after the January incident. Soldiers have been sickened by the meals provided and have had to go to the hospital to be treated. Many guardsmen are now refusing to eat the food being provided to them.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/whistleblo...d-members-sick
                                The capital is still militarized.

Gotta make a show of how dangerous Republicans (i.e. the new "domestic terrorists") are to everyone's safety. AOC might even be in the building the next time that Viking helmet guy takes selfies.

Comment

Working...
                                X