No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Democrats are the only people in DC with "courage".

Got it.

oh, and also the 17 republicans who agreed with The Party
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      So Democrats are the only people in DC with "courage".

Got it.

oh, and also the 17 republicans who agreed with The Party
      I'm not sure what twisted logic is required to believe that standing up to the most powerful person in the party and possibly ensuring you'll be primaried is the "easy way out" and path of a coward.

For my part, I think the throne-sniffers and taint-lickers like Graham and Rubio and Cruz and Kennedy are the real cowards. What courage is required to tell the base exactly what it wants to hear?

Comment

• Just saw Rob Portman's statement. He basically takes the same angle as McConnell.

Says Trump's behavior was inexcusable and he encouraged the mob's violence, but with him out of office, he's not subject to impeachment

Comment

• I'm not sure what twisted logic is required to believe that standing up to the most powerful person in the party and possibly ensuring you'll be primaried is the "easy way out" and path of a coward.
          Its cowardly to agree with the weakest impeachment charge ever brought forward in the history of impeachments. Even Bill and Hillary had to be privately laughing at this one. For the RINOS who went along with it, they were apparently reading the tea leaves and believed that their "guilty" vote would help them gather fence-sitters in their home districts.

I accepted a long time ago, that politicians care about one thing. They care about being re-elected. That's it. They don't care about you. They don't care about me. They care about their job. They will say, do, and vote for anything that they believe will get them re-elected. Once you accept that fact, politics becomes a lot easier to understand.

Comment

• Meanwhile, BLM gets back to the business at hand...

Two NYPD officers suffered minor injuries during the protest, which was attended by about 100 marchers

Two NYC cops were injured by "peaceful" protesters.

I'm sure the protesters were incited by Donald Trump. Third impeachment to follow ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Done rehashing it. Moving on to follow Biden and his administration's policies and actions.
              If only we were done.. 4 years of juvenile "resistance" topped off with this stupidity. What a fucking waste of time and energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

If only we were done.. 4 years of juvenile "resistance" topped off with this stupidity. What a fucking waste of time and energy.
                This is a long way from being done. Democrats and the MSM will continue to use Trump and Trump voters as their excuse for everything bad. As much as they say they've had enough of Trump, their actions speak otherwise. They want him, and they need him.

Comment

• Sweet Jesus Liney, quit clutching your skirt. After YEARS of butbutbut CLINTON! and butbutbut OBAMA! you project your whataboutism onto others pretty freely.

It is only Trump's enablers/supporters will keep Trump's memory alive. Devoid of any honesty, sincerity, or ethical/moral foundations, they have nothing else now that Der Fuhrer has retreated to his Wolfsschanze in Florida. Certainly the Cult will try to keep him relevant, with the standard "the Left!" and "MSM!" and "BLM!" nonsense, but these are the ravings by and for the intellectually stunted. Trumpanzees must have Trump or Trump 'enemies' as they have nothing else.

Not being a Democrat, I can't speak for them, but I can as a Never Trumper. Trump is gone, for all except his delusional bootlickers. I cite myself, admittedly a vocal opponent of the Source Of All Evil. Since the election, what have you heard from me? Heard me praise and proclaim Biden as the second coming? Heard me gloat over the critical condition the GQP finds itself today? Heard any comments concerning the impeachment? How about Biden's policies? Which ones do I oppose or defend?

Trump is gone, removed by a free and fair election. I am satisfied and have moved on. The big hurdle now is to have people cast the party labels aside and openly examine the issues.

Once his anti-American and anti-Constitution lackeys and sycophants are removed from office, only then will the Republican party begin to heal. Even Moscow Mitch recognizes this.

Trump is gone except to his apologists. Good fucking riddance. The best thing that could happen to this country is his name never be mentioned again.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump is gone except to his apologists. Good fucking riddance. The best thing that could happen to this country is his name never be mentioned again.
                    Trump's presidential legacy is badly damaged but he's not gone - he'll rise as a political force in time. Nor are the policies he pursued gone that brought him 74M voters a few months ago. Populism and nationalism are political forces that have to be reckoned with by liberals hoping to liberalize the nations through sweeping change it's landscape and place for America on the global stage. I'm concerned about that so, a congressional bulwark of those you characterize as "Trumpanzees" is a good thing, IMO.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 14, 2021, 01:19 PM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We'll see how wrong I am 6, to 12 months or so from now as the MSM continues to blame Trump and his supporters for whatever problems are plaguing the country at the time.

In spite of how I'm characterized here, I'll say for the 1,908,491st time, that my votes for Trump had more to do with being opposed to what Democrats want to shove down my throat, than it is in actual support of Trump himself. I think the man is a jackass. I think he stupidly frittered away his presidency with silly feuds and tweets with political opponents, when he should have followed the Obama example, and pretty much ignored everyone who opposed him. He should have developed a healthy Obama Sneer, or Clinton Smirk, and went on about his business as President, instead of the tweet wars he engaged in. He fired people that I felt could really help him in his lack of political knowledge. He carried on arguments with reporters that he should have ignored, or let his people handle them. And his handling of the Covid situation early on was fraught with mistakes, but there was a time when NOBODY had any answers about what should be done. There were too many unknowns. But, I feel his "Operation Warpspeed" got vaccines into arms a lot quicker than if we had to rely solely on Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer. Joe Xiden will benefit politically from Operation Warpspeed, and he should thank Trump for initiating it, but he will not.

Trump could have beaten Xiden like a cheap drum in November had he stuck to fighting Covid, re-establishing a robust economy that was interrupted by Covid, and a pretty decent foreign policy that exposed China, and rewarded those who seek peace in the Middle East. But, he emphasized all the wrong things, and now we're stuck with Xiden, and we'll soon be stuck with Queen Kamala, who couldn't win a single primary on her own, but chose to ride Xiden's coattails to the WH as the easier route. Voters lapped it up.

So, here we are. Trump is gone, impeached and acquitted twice, Covid is still here, taxes are about to go up (I'll eliminate the Trump tax cuts!) jobs are being lost, BLM and ANTIFA are being appeased, but cities are still falling apart. Again, I predict 12 months from now, Trump will still be blamed for any/all troubles that the country is facing. The MSM will still be running lead stories about "trumpism" and how its hurting the country. Its not going away, because the Left needs to keep it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        All seven will either retire or get primaried in their next election. Republicans are sick of backstabbing cowardly pieces of shit.
                        Buh bye Ben Sasse. In 5.7 years that is...unless he gets recalled...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Here most of Ohio is going to get a lot of snow out of this. 8 inches or more almost everywhere except the extreme northwest or southeast, where ice will be a problem instead.

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think most of us here are concerned with the Biden administration's relaxing of Southern boarder controls. The latest: Biden will let in 25K Asylum seekers enter the US across the US boarder with Mexico. Stay in Mexico was a a Trump administration policy that asylum seekers had to stay in Mexico until their request for asylum was processed - which, by-in-large, would be accomplished by application at the US Embassy in the country from which they are seeking to escape defined persecution.

I found a link on a news feed of mine this evening that lists all of Biden's EOs and provides a link to the text of them. Not unsurprisingly, when I clicked on the link for the EO that deals with immigration policy and the headline "Biden allows 25K Asylum Seekers to Enter the US", that IS NOT at all what the EO is about. Maybe at some point the law, already in place will be followed to allow easier admission for those seeking asylum but, as I read the EO, it is heavily referencing application of existing laws, some of which the Trump administration hoped to by pass by instituting certain process protocols.

This is complex stuff and what I get from reading the EO it is that, "open the gates let everyone in", is not what this is about. It's to review the implications of process and procedures that Trump implemented by EO with an eye toward restoring adherence with congressional legislation that is the basis for current immigration law.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/al...od=coronavirus

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ly-processing/
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The problem with asylum seekers is that they don’t show up to their hearing because their claims are bullshit. They melt into society and 5 years later the screams come to legalize them. Rinse. Repeat.

PDJT’s handling of asylum seekers was spot on.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X