No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I live, it wasn't really the teachers' unions. It was the school board and the parents panicking about Covid-19 spread because they read all of the anecdotal news stories about how a perfectly healthy 30 year old dropped dead from the virus one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

In typical political fashion, they will cauterize the would and find a fall guy. Cuomo will be unscathed.

I wonder what Cuomo did to piss off the Democrats. This is all coming from within. This kind of shit doesn't happen by chance.
      Cuomo's always been a total asshole that had plenty of enemies in NY Dem circles. It's not a policy thing; he is well known to treat people like shit. He was able to temporarily shed that image and I admit to buying into it. He was the pioneer of the covid "fireside chat" presser. Initially he seemed statesmanlike and responsible compared to Trump during what was probably the low point of Trump's PR abilities. But the façade gradually fell away over time and by Fall his pressers were angrier, denials of responsibility, constantly blaming De Blasio for this and that, and obviously a refusal to admit anyone did anything wrong re: the nursing homes.

The Mayor of New York and Governor of New York have a weird dysfunctional relationship and have going back a long, long ways. Doesn't matter the party. Pataki and Giuliani hated each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

In typical political fashion, they will cauterize the would and find a fall guy. Cuomo will be unscathed.

I wonder what Cuomo did to piss off the Democrats. This is all coming from within. This kind of shit doesn't happen by chance.
        The article has already added clarity that Trump's ranking on the fall guy list is only exceeded by Lee Harvey Oswald and Pontious Pilate.

Comment

• James O'Keefe and Project Veritas, a hard right organization, don't have a great rep for accuracy and have a history of describing alternate realities from allegedly fabricated videos. As opposed to "banning" O'Keefe, he's been "limited" and that limitation applies to the posting of what Twitter thinks are fabricated videos through which O'Keefe wants to make a point. In this particular case, he's taking aim at Big Tech's apparent bias in censoring conservative speech.

I do think there is a risk of overt censorship of conservative thought and speech within social media platforms and a bias that favors liberal thought in the MSM. But both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of twisting interpretation of events to whatever their current narrative might be. It's a good idea for consumers of this stuff to be aware that's happening.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            James O'Keefe and Project Veritas, a hard right organization, don't have a great rep for accuracy and have a history of describing alternate realities from allegedly fabricated videos. As opposed to "banning" O'Keefe, he's been "limited" and that limitation applies to the posting of what Twitter thinks are fabricated videos through which O'Keefe wants to make a point. In this particular case, he's taking aim at Big Tech's apparent bias in censoring conservative speech.

I do think there is a risk of overt censorship of conservative thought and speech within social media platforms and a bias that favors liberal thought in the MSM. But both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of twisting interpretation of events to whatever their current narrative might be. It's a good idea for consumers of this stuff to be aware that's happening.
            In this case the account wasn't banned for spreading lies but (Twitter says, anyways) because they doxxed where a Facebook Exec lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Cuomo's always been a total asshole that had plenty of enemies in NY Dem circles. It's not a policy thing; he is well known to treat people like shit. He was able to temporarily shed that image and I admit to buying into it. He was the pioneer of the covid "fireside chat" presser. Initially he seemed statesmanlike and responsible compared to Trump during what was probably the low point of Trump's PR abilities. But the façade gradually fell away over time and by Fall his pressers were angrier, denials of responsibility, constantly blaming De Blasio for this and that, and obviously a refusal to admit anyone did anything wrong re: the nursing homes.

The Mayor of New York and Governor of New York have a weird dysfunctional relationship and have going back a long, long ways. Doesn't matter the party. Pataki and Giuliani hated each other.
              This is pretty much it. First, and foremost, PDJT is gone. The Ds no longer have to hold their tongue and eat shit for Cuomo in the name of defeating the greater evil. Second, -- everything you just said. Total dick -- by politician standards!

He's gonna get primaried. I think I've read that AOC has bigger fish to fry and that Governor is a possibility. I have no idea if she's old enough, but she (or some other Progressive) could beat him. Well, someone other than Cynthia fucking Nixon. JFC.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

In this case the account wasn't banned for spreading lies but (Twitter says, anyways) because they doxxed where a Facebook Exec lives.
                Correct. However, Nicole Hannah-Jones just posted someone's phone number -- left the tweet up for days and finally deleted it. No action taken.

Conservatives don't complain about Twitter's ostensibly neutral rules. They complain that the neutral rules aren't applied neutrally. So, even here the question is how do they treat people on the left who do the same thing. And the cool thing about that is that is that Twitter will never release that data for any sort of study. They'll just say "neutral rules".

Comment

• Got my first shot two days ago (Pfizer). Sore shoulder, but near as sore as after my shingles shot. No other side effects. The only problem I see is that I will no longer be able to donate plasma for COVID. From what I have read, the vaccine negates the antibodies in you system.

My local school system has been back to school since having about a month of online classes to start the year. They also extended the Christmas break for a week. They canceled homecoming dance and sports have gone off a planned with limited crowd attendence. Mitigation measures are relatively stringent, masks, hand sanitizers, extra sanitation etc etc. It seems to be a common sense approach that is working pretty well.
                  Last edited by CGVT; February 12, 2021, 09:39 AM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Eliot Spitzer is rested and stands at the ready to return to service.

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• Reading reaction to the Cuomo stuff and he genuinely might not survive this. Lots of tough talk coming from state Senate Dems. I've yet to see one person who thought "Trump might have used this info against us" as a good excuse. Firing some unelected aide and professing ignorance ain't gonna be enough.

I did check, Talent, and 30 is the age requirement. So AOC is just barely old enough to run.

Comment

• AOC...30 going on 12...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            AOC...30 going on 12...
                            You can say that again...

Comment

• 30 going on 12 ... and NY is stupid enough to elect her as Guv.

We can have Michigan challenge NY State for "Most Stupid Governor" award.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• DSL:

Re Cuomo -- I'd actually assume the AG there is gunning for his job. If I had to pick anyone that'd be my bet. Of course, if AOC actually wants the job, she gets it.

Comment

Working...
                                X