No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onion-eyed gudgeon or something like that. Onion or OEG for sure. Legendary slap fights with Rat and Rickart. And, of course, beatdowns of The Wizard and The Prophet.

Idiot.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• FTR, Gray Ghost was the Ivy Croc that I kicked to curb when I took over the Ivy Thread.

Comment

• Good rumblings in the GOP.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/31/polit...y-first-trump/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-republicans-exclusive/exclusive-dozens-of-former-bush-officials-leave-republican-party-calling-it-trump-cult-idUSKBN2A1275
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Surprised that Husted, Yost, and Jim Jordan have all taken a pass on Portman's Senate seat. Only ones I've heard of that "might" run for it so far are Renacci again and some businessman whose name escapes me.

Comment

• They still have options. I wonder if the Ohio R party has it sorted out. Stivers and Mandel are both gads better than Renacci (and Mandel isn't that good). The Rs have a ton of options, but the guys who would be pretty much automatic wins aren't running. Of course, if the Ds nominate anyone other than Tim Ryan then it probably won't matter. Ryan would have got waxed by Portman or even Husted/Yost, but he may do ok against the B-team.

Comment

• That said, the Rs are going to be powerless nationally for a long time. The Ds are going to run everything and the most you can do is try to hold your position against overwhelming odds. You can actually govern in Ohio if you're an R.

Comment

• Yeah, Stivers is who I would go with if I were the GOP over Mandel/Renacci.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  AA, Talent, or Wiz- Do you recall an Arizona fan at CNN/SI that was an obnoxious SOB? I think his name may have been AZwildcat00 or something like that. No real reason I bring him up, Just was looking at something that mentioned Dick Tomey and it made me think of him
                  I remember the cat...not sure of the moniker...he acted like the Cats won the Super Bpwl when they beat UNL in the Holiday Bowl 1998...heh
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Appreciate your "obsession" with eliminating the orange menace, Jon, but I think you know this. He and his followers will be around for a while. If the Biden administration in conjunction with strong influence from the AOC/Bernie Bros led progressive left implement through legislation some of the shit we're already getting a sense of, that Trump supporters cohort will become more powerful and influential.

I'm not sure Schummer and Pelosi fully understand that risk to the Ds. While Pelosi sees a trial and conviction of Trump as the best path forward to eliminate him as a future candidate or R influencer to avoid that outcome, she has to know the chances of that happening are only slightly above zero. Moreover, if for the unlikely reason Trump is convicted and can no long hold public office, there are other Trump admirers in the wings that would lead the charge of 75m Americans who want nothing to do with far left progressive legislation and will fight hard to try to primary vulnerable D's in 2022 and rally behind candidates like Ted Cruz, among others in 2024, who are all about Trumpism. It isn't going away, Jon.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'll credit Schumer and Pelosi as not being total fools. They're savvy enough to understand that the far left represents the useful idiots, or sheep, that they need to motivate to show up and vote to keep them in power. It's pretty much the same thing that corporations, sports teams, institutions and celebrities do by presenting "statements". None of them actually have any intention of doing the things, but it just shows that they want people (who are disposable) to like them.

Comment

• The Senate likely has 5 Republican senators that will vote to convict, maybe as many as 7 if the Dem prosecutors manage to cry real tears in their closing arguments. But its nowhere near the 67 they need for conviction.

So, its kind of like OSU v Michigan in Ann Arbor this year. Nice try, but we already know the outcome. Its not happening.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I remember the cat...not sure of the moniker...he acted like the Cats won the Super Bpwl when they beat UNL in the Holiday Bowl 1998...heh
                          I think Talent was right...his name was "onion" something or other. And I remember that inspiring Holiday Bowl!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                            I'll credit Schumer and Pelosi as not being total fools. They're savvy enough to understand that the far left represents the useful idiots, or sheep, that they need to motivate to show up and vote to keep them in power. It's pretty much the same thing that corporations, sports teams, institutions and celebrities do by presenting "statements". None of them actually have any intention of doing the things, but it just shows that they want people (who are disposable) to like them.
                            It takes all of us, Tom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I think Talent was right...his name was "onion" something or other. And I remember that inspiring Holiday Bowl!!!
                              I'm 100% right. When Alabam"Alum" wakes up from whatever ditch he's in and eventually sobers up, he'll confirm.

Comment

• that second shot from maderna sucks

thought it was glasseyed onion maybe
                                Last edited by crashcourse; February 1, 2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X