Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    The real motivation is to send a message for young aspiring Donald Trumps -- don't you dare rock the fucking boat, or you will face the full wrath of the establishment media, the FBI, and Congress. From now on, anyone who dares question Democrat rule will become an Untouchable.
    Bingo. They're still acting as if they've got a supermajority of the American public behind them. In other words, they believe what their "media consultants" are telling them. It's a myth of course, but it's probably in the best interest of the country to let them keep pulling on that rope until they hang themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      I haven't looked into the arguments very deeply but I know the opinion is out there that Trump can't be impeached once his term ends. But that seems to definitely be the minority school of thought. There is precedence for impeaching other federal officers after they already left office so it clearly CAN be done. The question is whether the Presidency is unique or not.

And McConnell may NOT bring people back early but I don't think he wants to avoid a trial either.
      Yeah, unlike the 14th A argument, this one is actually tenable and almost certainly correct.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So the Democrats will proceed with an impeachment trial, to remove a President, who is no longer President.

If Joe is thinking coherently, he's got to be uneasy with all this. If Joe is anything, he's an old school politician. He says what needs to be said to get elected, then does the opposite behind the scenes. I wouldn't be shocked to find that he's already had back door conversations with Republicans that he likes, because even though the Dems will have a "majority" in the Senate, he's going to look better if he has a few R's tagging along on key votes. Collins, Romney, Murkowski and a few others will help him along on key parts of his agenda. An impeachment trial doesn't help him at all.

I guess we'll see. The media wants this thing, and so do the radical left of The Party. To me, its like shooting a fly with a .50 caliber.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think you're grossly miscalculating the politics of impeachment, Liney. I think it only helps the Ds this go-around.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I think you're grossly miscalculating the politics of impeachment, Liney. I think it only helps the Ds this go-around.
            I'm starting to think that this could have some real entertainment value.

Have the impeachment trial, play it out to its conclusion sometime around say, Feb 1st. Then after the conviction, have the enforcement and punishment phase begin. "Lets remove him from office".... uh .. he's what? ... he's not? ... well, LET THAT BE A LESSON TO HIM !!

Meanwhile Trump is flying in his 767 at about 40,000 ft over the Caribbean, wondering when he gets his Twitter account back ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Joe is thinking coherently

Did you really write that?

imbecile
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There's too much political momentum not to impeach and move to trail in the Senate. Too much anger, misplaced or not, on the part of legislators that went through it at angry mobs in a chaotic Capital threatening bodily harm. I think Biden knows that as well as being angry with Trump too and won't stand in the way of a post presidency trial.

Beyond that is the appearance that R's, some of them, want a toxic Donald Trump gone from the Republican party. As Hanni opines, that is possibly going to split the party with one faction of MAGA acolites another with, for lack of a better word, moderates (Hanni calls them cucks and I'm not sure I disagree with him). Trump, under any circumstances is not going to disappear or go away quietly. He and some 72m MAGA supporters who voted for him will rally behind his cause. I think Hannibal is right. The body politik cannot ignore that and the more the left, including the press tied to them, continue to make shit up about that cohort being racist, xenophobic, gun toting ignoramuses behind armed insurrection, the louder Trump and his MAGA following, a good portion of them being intelligent and rational, will get.

I don't like Donald Trump - at all; I think he's a nut case and potentially dangerous when he's cornered like he is now. But there is plenty of his platform, rationally articulated, I can support. It's going to be interesting to see how conservatives emerge from his shadow going forward.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yes this is like trying a man for murder after he's dead.

Idiotic.

Welcome to the Dems Psycho Circus...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geez...the pictures of national guardsmen sleeping on the floor of the Capitol and the surrounding buildings

Comment

• What the F do they accomplish by this fucking nonsense? The lunatic left will never be satisfied and the far right nutjobs will be further incensed...

Real. Fucking. Smart.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Geez...the pictures of national guardsmen sleeping on the floor of the Capitol and the surrounding buildings

Trump's America on display
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ...as opposed the the lunatic left's America?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kommie Harris/Creepy Joe's America:

Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The acting U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, whose predecessor abruptly resigned one week ago after President Trump complained officials were not doing enough to find election fraud in the state, declared on a call with his staff Monday that “there’s just nothing to” the few claims of fraud the office was examining, according to an audio recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On the call, Bobby Christine, who also serves as the top federal prosecutor in the Southern District of Georgia, suggested that he was surprised to learn the office had not found significant election fraud issues.

“Quite frankly, just watching television, you would assume that you got election cases stacked from the floor to the ceiling,” Christine said, according to the Atlanta newspaper. “I am so happy to find out that’s not the case, but I didn’t know coming in.”

Comment

• Mmmmm hmmmm
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X