Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    They need 67 senators to convict.

Even if McConnell got unanimous consent (100 senators) to vote to return TODAY, (when was the last time all 100 of them agreed on anything? Maybe a pay raise?) how do you hold a full impeachment trial in just 7 days?

I know .. the dragon must be slayed ...
    Mitch doesn't need all 100 to agree to come back early. There are emergency powers used in the past (2004) where just he and Schumer can call everybody back.

Comment

• Republican Senators in red states who will be running for reelection in 2022 would be wise to vote against impeachment or removal. Republican voters are furious over getting repeatedly backstabbed by the people that they vote for and they will be looking to purge Cuckservatives at the next possible chance. That might be true for 2024 as well. Assuming they haven't abandoned the party en masse for some sort of Right Wing nationalist third party movement by then, which could very well happen. EIther path means mass losses for sitting Republicans in the next couple of Congressional elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Mitch doesn't need all 100 to agree to come back early. There are emergency powers used in the past (2004) where just he and Schumer can call everybody back.
        Okay.

So if that's the case, the question still remains. How can a full impeachment trial be conducted in less than 7 days? Even if 100 senators want to vote to convict right now, Trump is still entitled to a fair trial, no matter how much he is hated. I think its fair to say that the Senate will not be convened today, so now that leaves 6 days, including the weekend. Under the rules of the previous impeachment trial, no business was conducted on Sunday. That now leaves five days, even if they get started today.

Dems are chasing their tail. The voters already took care of Trump. Let the process finish the job. Don't they have other more pressing issues to address?

I don't think even Joe Biden is interested in pushing this thing. Kamala maybe, but not Joe. I suppose Kamala will be telling Joe what he believes soon enough.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well another thing is that Trump is going to have trouble putting together a team to even defend himself. Nearly all the lawyers who defended Trump the last time have said no to him this time around (except Dersh who will do anything to get on tv). And he has grown to despise Pat Cippilone and the White House Counsel office because they wouldn't go along with him on the election fraud bullshit. So he's got Rudy, Jenna Ellis, and maybe Sydney Powell, who are all incompetent.

Comment

• Twitter is against internet censorship.

You literally can't make this up.

Comment

• Did anything specific spur that comment, Hannibal?
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Did anything specific spur that comment, Hannibal?
                I screwed up the embed.

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah, that's rich.

TBF, Twitter just doesn't like folks horning in on Twitter's facist powers.

Comment

• Well another thing is that Trump is going to have trouble putting together a team to even defend himself.
                    I think the legal professionals in here will agree that Trump will find someone to defend him. And, unless the Dems have voted to suspend the Constitution, he's still entitled to a fair trial. Evidence has to be presented, he has the right to have witnesses questioned, and provide witnesses of his own to defend himself. And all this can be done before the inauguration?

Chasing tails. Move on.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's certainly not chasing tails for the Ds. It's incredibly useful to (a) keep PDJT in the news; and (b) force the Rs to vote on the issue for reasons Hannibal alluded to. While I don't share his consistent predictions of catastrophe, an impeachment vote will alienate Rs voters either way. That's why this is happening.

Comment

• The real motivation is to send a message for young aspiring Donald Trumps -- don't you dare rock the fucking boat, or you will face the full wrath of the establishment media, the FBI, and Congress. From now on, anyone who dares question Democrat rule will become an Untouchable.

Comment

• The House will impeach but there will be no trial in the Senate. Mitch will run out the clock so R senators won't be subjected to a recorded vote.

Comment

• They'll have a "posthumous" vote. The Senate can't avoid it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              The House will impeach but there will be no trial in the Senate. Mitch will run out the clock so R senators won't be subjected to a recorded vote.
                              This.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I haven't looked into the arguments very deeply but I know the opinion is out there that Trump can't be impeached once his term ends. But that seems to definitely be the minority school of thought. There is precedence for impeaching other federal officers after they already left office so it clearly CAN be done. The question is whether the Presidency is unique or not.

And McConnell may NOT bring people back early but I don't think he wants to avoid a trial either.

Comment

Working...
                                X