No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz Cheney comes out in favor of impeachment. Mitch McConnell rumored to be in favor of it.

Impeachment Round 2 going to look a bit different.

Comment

• “My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano player job to be much more honorable than current politicians.” - Harry S Truman
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Today's statement by the Joint Chiefs of Staff:

America’s most senior general Mark Milley and the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff, which is comprised of the heads of each military branch, issued a statement Tuesday condemning the violent invasion of the US Capitol last week and reminding service members of their obligation to support and defend the Constitution and reject extremism.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So Kamala/Joe's first 100 days will be highlighted by the 2nd impeachment of Donald John Trump, who will be playing golf in Florida.

Great start.

I know ... "we can't let him run again in '24" ... Got it.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...a deal is being made liney...no impeachment for a promise of no '24...

...I hope PDJT tells them to go fuck themselves...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney - Senate trial might not be needed. 14th Amendment, Section 3:

No person shall ... hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath....as an officer of the United States... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same...

Doesn't say convicted of, says has engaged in. Does being impeached for same constitute engaged in? Dunno. Perhaps one of our resident ambulance chasers could provide insight.

Regardless, McConnell is so pissed at Der Fuhrer he may allow an immediate trial. Despite having been little more than a ventriloquist dummy for the last 4 years, Mike Pence would be a far more stable and level headed choice to finish out this administration.

Comment

• I'd be fine with Trump resigning now, and leaving Pence in charge. And, I think Trump should forget about running again in '24. As a conservative, I'd rather have some new choices to run against Kamala in '24. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see Marco Rubio and Nikki Haley get a fair opportunity, but that's just me. Mr. Trump needs to sail away into whatever history has to say about him. I now feel the same about him as I do about Bill (and Hillary) Clinton. Enough already.

Comment

• The 14th A is a sideshow end run around impeachment. If they want to impeach, the should impeach. That disqualifies him. The thing Ds like about the 14th A approach is they can argue it only takes a majority vote in both houses.

I'm not going to litigate this issue on this forum. My personal opinion is that "bad facts make bad law." There's an enormous desire to punish PDJT, but be wary of the precedent you set -- of how you contort the law to get there. I think the application of the 14th A in the way the Ds want to apply it sets a very bad precedent. I think the path they should choose is the obvious path. Impeach him or don't.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The "evidence" is mounting that the protests in Washington DC were an organized effort to stop the electoral vote certification of Joe Biden as the next president, this according to several media outlets reporting this. Emphasis on the media outlets. The "evidence" if this is to be accepted as fact, is based on phone camera footage obtained "at great personal risk to an unnamed journalist source," who was inside the capital "at the moment' a mob was forcing their way into the Rotunda. The video shown on MSNBC yesterday evening was described as "graphic." It shows a mob at the steps of the Congress rushing up the steps into the atrium and smashing the glass in a set of locked doorways (to the Rotunda?). Additional video shows a uniformed police officer pinned between the crowd and the doors yelling in ?pain. Then there is the group of assailants reportedly beating a police officer who is on the ground with a pole mounted US Flag.

Strung together as this MSNBC report was with the narrative from the news host (I don't watch MSNBC so I don't know who this is) haltingly reporting the horror of it was convincing to say the least. It is also troubling. This morning, I googled several combinations of words trying to locate an official statement or a document from a law enforcement agency that stated the agency has evidence of an organized and armed attempt to stop the EC vote utilizing violence directed against law enforcement or threats of harm to or capture of key congressional figures.

Look, I'll be glad to entertain this allegation if I can be presented with something besides MSNBC editing together a video that, in its presentation, is also troubling but in the opposite way. The video and MSNBC commentary that accompanied it is convincing of, as alleged, wide spread violence, carried out in the time frame of the forceful entry of the US capital by a mob with the alleged intent of doing harm to the politicians conducting the business of the state inside.

Additional stories in yesterday evening's MSNBC report stoked fears of more violence to be carried out during the inauguration ceremony of Joe Biden. This report was based on public warnings, and I have seen these, from the FBI that more protesting is planned and violence may erupt from it. As much as I am troubled by what went on in DC on the 11th, I am just as troubled by what I consider as yellow journalism.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Donald Trump -- the first man to be accused of directly inciting violence in a speech in which he literally used the word "peacefully" to describe what he wanted people to do.

Comment

• The legal experts seem to differ as to whether an impeachment can continue after he leaves office. The biggest argument is, how can you remove him from office, when the election already did it? To me, this is the Democrats chasing their tail. With Corona still on the front burner, and the economy that needs to be addressed, why do they need to waste so much time and energy on a situation that the election already fixed? The people had their say, so lets move on. I need my extra 2K. My double wide needs some roofing repairs.

Comment

• He's going to be impeached. At least 5 House Republicans on the record saying they will vote to impeach and there will probably end up being 10-12 total.

Will he be removed/convicted? That's up to McConnell. If Mitch brings the Senate back early that's probably a very bad sign for Trump. But right off the bat assume Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, and Toomey are all votes for removal. That's 55 total. If Mitch brings along himself, Thune, Blunt, Cornyn, and the rest of his traditional conservative faction, Trump is in trouble. Who knows if the reporting is accurate but it's all signaling that Mitch is done with Trump, hasn't spoken to him in a month, and is legitimately furious over his behavior since the election.

Comment

• Whether they have the votes or not, impeachment is the proper recourse. That's it. Anything else is a contortion.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They need 67 senators to convict.

Even if McConnell got unanimous consent (100 senators) to vote to return TODAY, (when was the last time all 100 of them agreed on anything? Maybe a pay raise?) how do you hold a full impeachment trial in just 7 days?

I know .. the dragon must be slayed ...

Comment

• Democrat property damage:

Lake-Street-riots-aftermath-Mike-Novak-750x450.jpg

7-Portland-police-protests-2020_2.jpg

Conservative property damage:

TWTR.png

Comment

Working...
                                X