Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From someone who usually keeps a low profile

Comment

• I don't know what it will take to shut that crazy fuck up but Barr's statement is a good start. FB has it right by banning the president ..... BANNING him!

Hey Talent, do you still think Douthat was an idiot for claiming in his opinion piece that what the R's need to disinfect the party is for some massive event to occur, like Warnock and Ossoff getting a clean sweep pushing Trump aside from the throne of leadership? Well that happened and now complete repudiation of this dick's presidency by decent people like Barr and Pence.

I share everyone's concern here about the risks of AO-Kamala's legislative agenda but I'd compare those fears to the same kind of stuff accompanying the current COVID situation. Not nearly as bad as it is being made out to be.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• To answer your question, Jeff, I still disagree, completely, with Douthat.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          I don't know what it will take to shut that crazy fuck up but Barr's statement is a good start. FB has it right by banning the president ..... BANNING him!

See my previous comment about two-tiered justice.

Comment

• FBI Seeking Information Related to Violent Activity at the U.S Capitol Building

The FBI is seeking information that will assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, DC. The FBI is accepting tips and digital media depicting rioting and violence in the U.S. Capitol Building and surrounding area in Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021.

It shouldn't be too hard to find Trump
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Why is the FBI diverting important resources away from investigating garage door pulls and Trump's ties to Russia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Why is the FBI diverting important resources away from investigating garage door pulls and Trump's ties to Russia?
                And don't forget the attack on Jussie Smolett ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Just get Trump out of office, most of this nonsense is directly the cause of humoring him that he didn't lose. He lost and he can't take it.

I'm interested in seeing a investigation on this, I think the Capitol police were somehow not prepared for what went down, but they didn't escalate which could have increased the casualties. They kind of let these fools mill about, but it is far, far inappropriate that a mob was allowed to storm the Capitol. That's fucking crazy and unfortunately it will probably result in many of these Capitols becoming more fortress like and that sucks.

But they should have seen this coming, when the MAGAs stormed the Capitol building in Lansing they were armed. Some of those people that did were the same people that were part of the plot that was going to arrest Whitmer with the hopes of executing her live on television. Their backup plan was to take the legislative body hostage and start executing. What happened yesterday was a plausible scenario, it should have been accounted for. Instead of taking the threat seriously they made jokes about Whitmer.
                  Last edited by froot loops; January 7, 2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Law enforcement needs to just start putting rioters down. This year-long acquiescence to violent mobs has enabled and emboldened the radicals in our society. Why are we even arming police if they are then told they can't defend themselves and the property they are protecting? How in the hell can anyone be surprised the that Capitol was breached?? An angry mob overran the police and not a single one of them was shot until much later on that inside stairwell. Mow down the first 10-20 that break through the door and you'll see that shit taper off in a hurry. This should be standard practice for any and all violent mobs and riots in the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Mow down the first 10-20 that break through the door and you'll see that shit taper off in a hurry. This should be standard practice for any and all violent mobs and riots in the United States.
                      Too late.

With that said, there is a good chance that you will see that philosophy adopted for Right Wing rioters while the Left Wing rioters are still allowed to run roughshod. The Left operates under a completely different set of laws than the Right. We have a two-tiered justice system that shows no signs of changing.

I'd bet my life that the woman who got shot yesterday was engaging in less dangerous or threatening behavior than countless rioters around the country last year who didn't get shot. In Portland, you can throw a Molotov cocktail at a cop and not even be charged with a serious crime (much less get shot).
                      Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• It's never too late! Summer will be here before you know it!

Comment

• It's good that 10-20 people weren't put down. Anything like that would have given those for a cause for the milita groups rally around.

If a protestor crosses the line and starts getting violent, they should be arrested.

Comment

• Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right...

This is why I am a registered Libertarian...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mike - I'm heavily sympathetic to the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" argument, as well as the argument that all you have to do is set one or two examples and this shit will stop immediately. But that ship has sailed. I have no sympathy for people who have suddenly found religion when it comes to law and order and respect for property. I know that you aren't included in that group, but you've got to realize that a scenario in which the Left actually faces consequences for behavior is absolutely never going to happen without landmark changes in American politics. The "punish both sides equally" option is strictly off the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                It's good that 10-20 people weren't put down. Anything like that would have given those for a cause for the milita groups rally around.

If a protestor crosses the line and starts getting violent, they should be arrested.
                                Sure sounds easy enough until you're being overran by an angry mob and outnumbered about 100:1. If you don't want people getting shot, that's fine, I respect that. But there has to be some sort of middle ground between what LE currently does: Stand around and watch and then arrest some stragglers after the damage is done, and killing a bunch of civilians. As we saw all summer, when LE abdicates it's duty to protect (at the behest of local elected officials), the crazies run rampant. I mean, we saw people burning down police stations. WTF?! Why in the hell is that tolerated? It is completely preposterous for that to be allowed in a first world country.

If the script was flipped yesterday and it was the Left that stormed the Capitol, headlines today would be: "Mostly Peaceful Protesters Demonstrate at Capitol for Electoral Equality".

Comment

Working...
                                X